[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

Transmitting to a science lab so that you can generate data from there is one possibility.

Non-recoverable ground vehicles with a local-control situation where you don't have any connection back to Kerbin is another.

There are many potential use cases where you may have data in one vessel but want it in another vessel for whatever reason, this provides that function.

3 hours ago, ToxicHobGoblin said:

Does anyone know how to adjust scale of maneuver nodes with maneuver node evolved?  mine are massive all of a sudden

The gizmo scale can be adjusted through the settings menu.

Spoiler

5X6UnNY.jpg

The layout will look different depending on which mods you have installed and whether you're in a career/sandbox save.

Having issues with Science Relay. Worked for a while but now it crashes everytime I try to run an experiment. Removing Science Relay clears it.

I'm running a lot of mods so it may be a conflict but I can't tell. Output log is no help, doesn't seem to record any errors except this which I'm not even sure pertains:

[GameParameters]: Couldn't find type for custom parameter ScienceRelayParameters.

Gamedata Screenshot

Output_log.txt

Edited by Roberius
spelling, disabled mediafire link...

On 1/17/2017 at 1:51 PM, DMagic said:

Transmitting to a science lab so that you can generate data from there is one possibility.

Non-recoverable ground vehicles with a local-control situation where you don't have any connection back to Kerbin is another.

There are many potential use cases where you may have data in one vessel but want it in another vessel for whatever reason, this provides that function.

Thanks for your mods! I use several of them. I played through the Science mode couple of times running only robotic missions using tiny probes, often disposable, and Science Relay suddenly opened new gameplay options. I'll do another now but this time I will beam data to one manned (kerballed?) space lab orbiting around Kerbin rather than having to return the data to be processed in the lab.

On 12/31/2016 at 3:49 AM, Fury1SOG said:

I ended up building a "crew bus" that provides shuttle services between the base and lander. It has seating for 10 kerbals + fuel storage.

vXTyJNv.png  

Check this mod out for a cool rover:

https://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/257640-feline-utility-rovers

From the author of Planetary Base Systems, works with 1.2.2. I was able to dock it to the base by itself but it looks like the Flexible Docking mod would make it easier.

Here is a photo of an explorer build, but you can make a "crew bus" too. The cabin holds two and the crew module holds 4 Kerbals. You can easily put 2 or 3 crew modules.

screenshot42.png

Edited by Kerbital
added image

• 2 weeks later...

Loving your maneuver node evolved mod, but how do you deselect all nodes?  Clicking away on other stuff doesn't seem to do it and left/center/right clicking on the node its self doesn't do it.   Best way I have figured is to close and reopen the map.  Then you get the normal little cursor with the warp to button. 

I may be missing something completely obvious, and this is an extremely minor problem even if I'm not, but... I think the standard size flexotron docking port is upside down. On regular docking ports you can tell which way is up by the "window" on the docking side (up) and by the yellow arrow on the mounting side (points towards down), but when I choose "control from here" on a flexotron mounted like that, the navball is upside down from what I expect. Again, this is a completely trivial problem but it's nice to be consistent, isn't it?

Haven't tested the jr and sr variants.

Edited by renhanxue

@eberkain I noticed that, but I'm not really sure why it happens. You can use the keyboard shortcut to close an active node; Alt + N by default.

@renhanxue Yeah, it's probably upside down relative to the stock port. I'm hesitant to fix that because the orientation is important for making the flexible ports flex in the right direction, and changing the orientation will probably break the math for calculating that direction.

@eLDude Someday, but not anytime soon. :D

Hello @DMagic. Thank you again for your mods, I use a lot of them! :D

Tonight, I am trying to start a new OPM campaign and I have just noticed that your Celestial Body Science Modifier mod seems to be overriding OPM's Kopernicus config for stock planets' science modifiers. To be honest I did not actually test it. But I assumed that the values that the mod reads in game are actual live values. Can you take a look at this? Is there any way I can help?

Edited by canisin

So! Um. Yeah. Minor bug report for Flexible Docking. <.<

NHgwqrS.png

That would be the voxelization on a single Flex-O-Clamp-O-Tron in FAR.

To reproduce, install the super-secret dev build of FAR. (PM me for instructions if you can't find it, but it's not hard to find. He just doesn't want links out there to keep a lid on the ineptness of bug reports.) Then plop down a flexible docking port and voxelize. You might want Hangar Extender, too, 'cause those rings are significantly bigger than the hangar... <.<

Edit: It does this even if completely occluded inside a cargo bay.

Edited by FirroSeranel

On 2/20/2017 at 4:16 AM, canisin said:

Hello @DMagic. Thank you again for your mods, I use a lot of them! :D

Tonight, I am trying to start a new OPM campaign and I have just noticed that your Celestial Body Science Modifier mod seems to be overriding OPM's Kopernicus config for stock planets' science modifiers. To be honest I did not actually test it. But I assumed that the values that the mod reads in game are actual live values. Can you take a look at this? Is there any way I can help?

Seeing how the mod was able to report the modifiers for the opm planets, I realized that the mod should have a way of being able to read values from the game. So I simply deleted the config file and ran the game. The mod now had the correct values and the config file was regenerated. Problem solved!

In Maneuver Nodes Evolved is there an option to toggle intuitive maneuvers?  Sometimes it is useful to have the maneuvers be absolute adjustments instead of changing with the end-of-burn orientation, and doing this is troublesome with the Intuitive controls.  Would there be any way to toggle this short of uninstalling the mod, doing the burn, then reinstalling the mod?

@FirroSeranel There have been issues with FAR before, though I'll have to wait until there is an official release before doing anything about it (if that happens before 1.3).

@canisin You should also be able to push the "Stock Values" button. I think that will apply the science values as they are after any other mod has changed them. The "Default Values" button will set them to whatever they are in the config file.

@NexusLink You can change the settings through the stock difficulty settings window: Pause menu -> Settings -> Difficulty Settings button at the top -> DMagic Mods page.

Yeah, I've actually decided to just uninstall FAR. While it's neat how realistic it is, the fact is that it... just isn't as much -fun-. Classic case of realism going too far and taking away from game play.

Thanks for replying though!

• 1 month later...

@DMagic

Hey Man.

First of all, I would like to congratulate you on your mods, your job is amazing.

I have a suggestion for Maneuver Node Evolved.
Perhaps not too easy to make it, but it will be a great achievement for the community.

I've been thinking on a way to update your mod with something to take into account the time of the maneuver.

An example would be an initial orbital time of one hour around Kerbin.
If we execute a maneuver of two minute with a high ISP engine on this orbit (Hohman Maneuver), the maneuver orbit showed on map is almost exact (due to low time of the maneuver compared to original orbital time)
The same maneuver with a lower ISP engine (like xenon ones) will take so much time more, let's say hypothetically it lasts two hours. This maneuver will complete almost two orbits around Kerbin, the total trajectory will be like a spiral.

Is there a way to show this orbit trajectory on map instead of the Hohman trajectory?

Here is a picture of how orbits on  Low ISP Maneuver looks like:

image010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Gordon Dry The Toolbar error looks like the least of your problems (that error is common when something with a UI is displayed immediately upon a scene change; if it only happens once it is harmless). Your log file is absolutely filled with errors from Real Fuels, Tweak Scale, and RPM.

It's possible that another maneuver editing mod might conflict with this, I'll have to check.

@DMagicQuestion man, I love the simplicity of your little modlets, and was wondering if it would be possible to have one that functioned as an addition to EVA Struts (and possibly EVA Resource Transfer as well) that makes it so you can place the origination point of the strut on EVA as well instead of having to place the starter point in the VAB/SPH? Maybe just like an ini assignable hotkey that when pressed makes it so the starter node of one of your EVA struts appears where you click next? (or click and existing one after hitting the same key to remove it?) Basically the ability to place them in EVA without all the inventory management or extra stuff that KIS adds. 

Not sure if this is something do able in your scope, but figured I may as well ask based off your excellent work so far. :D

I'm trying to use EVA Resource Transfer.  I install the mod on my fuel carrier.  It sticks out (?), not like in the video?  On the Mun I try and use it but nothing happens when I click on it?  What am I doing wrong?

I'm using 1.2.2 on a Macbook Pro, System 10.11.6

AgMuVHp.png

Edited by davidpsummers

@Yargnit Modifying them to make the base point movable might be possible, so that you could re-position either end. But allowing for the strut (or fuel pipe) start point to be placed on EVA is way outside the scope of this mod. I don't want to get into spawning new parts, setting joints, etc... And it would require some kind of inventory system, no matter how simple, otherwise you would just be able to infinitely place new struts.

Both mods are compatible with KIS, so they can be placed on EVA using that.

@davidpsummers It looks like some kind of bug when the fuel pipe is first initialized or clicked on. I can't say any more without seeing the full log files.