[1.1.2] Take Command - Launch Kerbals in External Command Seats [v1.4.1 - May 6, 2016]

seanmcdougall

10 hours ago, Jarin said:

Anyone tested to see how the 1.0.5 release works in 1.1?

Literally 4 posts up:

On 04/04/2016 at 0:08 AM, run1235 said:

just want to report that Take command still has some functionality in 1.1 BUT it puts the kerbals "into" the ECS as if it were a command pod and since the ECS doesnt have an escape hatch, you cannot eva the kerbal out to put them in the seat.

The latest off github seems to be working fine for me.

Edited by OminousPenguin

Hey folks.  I'm happy to report a new version with KSP 1.1 support is now up on my GitHub site and Curse (see first page for links).  I'll get it up on SpaceDock and CKAN shortly once I figure out how that all works now that KerbalStuff is gone (like I mentioned before, I've been out of the loop for a while). 

I'm still planning to look at the various issues people have been reporting, but for now this is just a quick fix/recompile to get it working for KSP 1.1.  Enjoy!

Checked my email, saw this:

5 hours ago, seanmcdougall said:

Hey folks.  I'm happy to report a new version with KSP 1.1 support is now up on my GitHub site and Curse (see first page for links).  I'll get it up on SpaceDock and CKAN shortly once I figure out how that all works now that KerbalStuff is gone (like I mentioned before, I've been out of the loop for a while). 

I'm still planning to look at the various issues people have been reporting, but for now this is just a quick fix/recompile to get it working for KSP 1.1.  Enjoy!

and made my daughter laugh out loud when I exclaimed, "OH THANK GOD!"

The latest version is now available through CKAN.  I've also updated the first post to add support information.  Going forward I'd prefer to get bug reports through my GitHub page (with attached log files), but I will be going through this thread to review the issues that have already been reported.

@seanmcdougall Contract Configurator is unable to see the CommandSeat as a countable seat for crew capacity. @nightingale thinks its an issue with TakeCommand at this point. Any ideas?  See https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/505

Can you confirm that TakeCommand is having Command Seats add to the  part.CrewCapacity in KSP in 1.1.2?

Edited by inigma

Love this mod, but had some trouble getting it working on 1.1.2. Turns out that TakeCommand requires ModuleManager 2.6.23, which does not work with KSP 1.1.2. When I updated ModuleManager to 2.6.24, TakeCommand worked perfectly. I was about to post a bug report when I figured it out - thought it might be useful for y'all to know since CKAN automatically installs ModuleManager 2.6.23 when TakeCommand is installed via CKAN.

@SeanMcDougall - thanks for your great work on TakeCommand! Recommend updating the required ModuleManager version to 2.6.24 to avoid false positive bug reports in the future..

Thanks, I'll update ModuleManager and push out a new version this weekend.  I'll try to take a look at that Contract Configurator issue too.  This whole mod is really just a giant hack that makes the command seat appear to be a command module with interior crewable space when it really isn't, so I'm not surprised that other mods have trouble integrating with it.  I really wish Squad would just implement this in stock properly so I could retire this mod :D

1 hour ago, KoningsGap said:

Is it normal that my tourbus flips to all sides when loading the passengers into the command seats?

Load them in SPH so that CC doesnt have to spawn them for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered a serious issue with this mod (maybe a mod incompatibility bug?)

I built a simple "rover" with stock parts (modular girder segments, seats, command pod, wheels and batteries)

If I launch the vessel with the kerbal in the command seat, as the kerbal is loaded into the seat I see a flash of light under the vehicle. as I advance the rover a couple of meters, it explodes. the report says that "battery collided into runway"... but the battery is way up from the runway!

If I load the kerbal into the command pod the vehicle runs smoothly without exploding. I can also go eva and place the kerbal to the command seat, the vehicle keeps running smoothly.

here is the folder with the log, vehicle .part, mod list and screenshots
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qx855x72hdabk4q/AABGJLwi67bBokTpzrOZJBAUa?dl=0

EDIT:

I designed another vehicle, this time a simple solid-rocket powered glider, with a single command seat. it explodes soon as it is placed on the launchpad

but I found a really strange behaviour: if I load the same vehicle in sandbox mode (with the same mods), the rocket does not explode.
do you have any idea of what is happening\how to solve the issue?

i uploaded the glider in the dropbox folder

cheers

Edited by aat

Hello and good evening,

many hours I try to read something about my issue and tested many mods.

I have the same issue with the take command mod and rescue a green guy from a orbit. My rescue ship stops if i´m in range of 2.2km and the kerman spins around.

I try to read all the texts, but can´t find a fix. If there is any, please help me

Thanks and a good day

Hey, I'm running into that issue where someone was spawned in a command seat for a rescue mission, and the rendezvous got all kinds of messed up. I uninstalled this mod temporarily, and I can rendezvous just fine now, but the command seat is empty. I can't get my poor kerbal out of there.

Does anyone know a fix for this, so I can get this kerbal back?

2 hours ago, offtheball said:

Hey, I'm running into that issue where someone was spawned in a command seat for a rescue mission, and the rendezvous got all kinds of messed up. I uninstalled this mod temporarily, and I can rendezvous just fine now, but the command seat is empty. I can't get my poor kerbal out of there.

Does anyone know a fix for this, so I can get this kerbal back?

I actually came here for the EXACT same reason.