The new "Flea" booster - have you found a use for it?

Draconiator

It wasn't all that useful in Career because it doesn't have too much fuel in the thing to begin with. I think I used it for some altitude records and that's it. In my Sandbox save, I haven't used it at all, for the reason stated above and the fact there are much better parts available. I could see it being used as Seperatrons on some huge rockets though.

My career game is still pretty small stuff - Remotetech satellites and tourist flybys around the Kerbin system. Still getting a lot of use out of Fleas to give those lifters their first little kick off the launch pad.

you could also (theoretically) use it as a launch booster on the runway for a gigantic SSTO. (stick it on the back of the engines with a stack seperator)

It would also be a way for you to obtain the 'in flight over <biome>' science on a really, REALLY early-game rover. (as in 'two command pods strapped end-to-end' early-game rover)

Edited by Reddeyfish

Air-to-ground missiles.

Seriously, they're really handy for blowing up the KSC. You can pack a lot of them onto a plane's wings, and you don't need a long burn to accelerate to killing speeds. Granted, one won't do enough damage to take down the big buildings...

They make nice side boosters for an LV-T45 (which only has 17 tons thrust at ASL).

They don't burn for long, but that initial push makes a big difference.

The lateral separators are more expensive than the tiny booster, but i see them survive the fall often.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.