Any good 2-kerbal size1 pods?

How could you fit 2 kerbals in a size1 pod ? lol to me this is the biggest problem with ksp the parts are to small to the size of the kerbal is there way to make them smaller ?

EDIT- looks like we see that the same way and that's like RSS or RO scaling the rocket to what the planet ? The kerbal is still to big alot of engines a human could stand in the bell but in KSP the kerbal is the same or bigger then the engine and about the same size has a pod.

Edited by Mecripp2

How could you fit 2 kerbals in a size1 pod ? lol to me this is the biggest problem with ksp the parts are to small to the size of the kerbal is there way to make them smaller ?

Actually that's something I raised here, but apparently if you cram them in you can just about get away with having them side-by-side without helmets.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98063-Planning-to-start-a-collection-of-small-part-pack-mods-Dev-build-available-%28V0-1%29

I posted a 1.0 node fix in the thread. It works but the parachute needs a couple more tweaks.

I used this pod, I just wasn't sure it's ok for 1.0 What tweaks do you mean?

The K2 is what I use

I tried it. The IVA breaks immersion really horribly. It's not even suited for that pod.

Well there is the ALCOR 3 man LEM style capsule, but I expect you are looking for something that unlocks a little earlier in the science tree than Advanced Landing.

Yes. Around Tier 3 or 4.

I used this pod, I just wasn't sure it's ok for 1.0 What tweaks do you mean?

The CFG I posted is good enough to not kill Kerbals. The pod is still coming down a hair too fast and `angularDrag = 3` needs to be added to reduce the horizontal velocity. It's really hard to do without making a custom drag cube and I'd rather let Orionkermin take care of that on his end.

Other than the the Corvus is working just great for me in 1.0. It's become an early-career moneymaker, taking tourists on suborbital hops.

There is a backseat for the MK1 pod somewhere floating around. Not sure if it is updated.

If this is what you mean then that's not quite what I need because that just adds a large part to fit the bottom of the pod.

Other than the the Corvus is working just great for me in 1.0. It's become an early-career moneymaker, taking tourists on suborbital hops.

That's exactly what I need it for, which makes me wonder what on earth Squad were thinking when they playtested this game.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Tantares was probably the first mod to cram 2 kerbals in a 1.25m pod

It of course has a lot of extra parts now if you only want the two kerbal 1.25m pod just delete all the part folders besides the one labeled "SOYUZ"

Is it in any of the screenshots? Is it the ball-shaped one?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9346020/150509%20First%20Few%20Launches/screenshot1662.png

or build one yourself with stock parts :-), though I used 8 mk1 command pods for this one :-$

But that's not 1.25m.

Is it in any of the screenshots? Is it the ball-shaped one?

hUEoMvP.png

the two kerbal capsule is the headlamp shaped part in the middle just like the real life soyuz. (do note that tantares parts are kerbalized versions of real world craft so do not expect total historical accuracy or realism despite heavy nods to real world counterparts)

And yes it does have an IVA

EDIT: it's unlocked at the flight control node in the tech tree by default

Edited by passinglurker

This is the best completed 2 man capsule currently up to date.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121062-1-0-2-Corvus-Size-1-two-seat-command-pod%28Version-1-0%29/page3

Nothing competes, except for maybe the HGR Radish pod.

I dunno tantares has gone through multiple art passes and refinements I'll admit corvus is good really good but saying nothing competes is a bit much. As for the radish its in need of a revamp as it needs special adapters to fit any of the standard diameters including 1.875 until that happens i'd suggest looking at tantares Gemini analog when seeking a 2 man 1.875m pod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.