Contract Filter 1.5.2(1.1.2) Manage the contracts you receive to your liking!

silverfox8124

I'm having an issue where Contract Filter is declining contracts that it shouldn't be.

B942C6AFA2556625155098F608E6AFCA3021C7E7

I have it set to decline only surveys, tourism, and recovery but it's also declining satellites, stations, and bases. I've upped the max values to be well over what the contracts specify but no dice. I've not touched any of the other parameters, either.

@SpadeDrive, it'd be giving a reason as to why it's declining it. But yours isn't. I suggest you upgrade to the latest version.

Edit: I see that it is saying why it's being removed. The code doesn't lie. You probably didn't save the settings you set. I suggest doing so, then trying again.

I would also love to see your settings.cfg and output.log file please

Edited by silverfox8124

@SpadeDrive,

*Station Contracts*

line 252: Max Funds Advance is 1 mill,

line 254: Max Funds Completion is 100,000

line 256: Max Funds Failure is 100,000

So on and so forth... These numbers are why the contracts are being denied.

Your settings didn't save, just saying. If this happens again, edit the settings.cfg file directly.

Also, the output log is under KSP Data

Edited by silverfox8124

Can this be used to auto reject those contracts that send you on orbit/rescue missions out by Eeloo, when you have just barely gotten out of the Kerbin system?

Also the Min/Max Funds/Science/Reputation values are not saving.

I'm seeing "[Exception]: InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute." in my log whenever I remove a blacklist parameter.

Edited by Thorbane

@Thorbane, I'll look into the values not saving. And yes it can auto-reject those missions. Yes, that exception is normal because you're removing something from a list whilst iterating over it, it's just bad coding practice that I haven't gotten around to fixing. It still gets removed though.

I wonder if there is a way to override the game only giving you a certain number of contract types?

For example, I filtered out a few types I don't want, Tourists, PartTests, Satellites, and Surveys. Then I blacklisted all the Bodies I don't want. (I also had to go in and up the amounts for advances and completions). So after all that, I get the contract types I want, but only about half of the contract list. The other half just sorts non-stop and never lands on a contract. I guess that is the game just not wanting to give me any more of the type I want?

Is there some way to get around that? I'd love to fill my contract list up with my preferred types but the game won't give them to me :)

@Eleven, No, the game gives you contracts that fit what you've done. You can also only have x amount of a certain type of contract offered and active. It sorts non-stop because of the above, ksp gives you contracts you can receive at your level of reputation and accomplishments. I've been trying to find out how to change this, but it's getting complicated and seeming quite impossible to do.

@Eleven, No, the game gives you contracts that fit what you've done. You can also only have x amount of a certain type of contract offered and active. It sorts non-stop because of the above, ksp gives you contracts you can receive at your level of reputation and accomplishments. I've been trying to find out how to change this, but it's getting complicated and seeming quite impossible to do.

Yea I figured this was a game mechanic that wasn't going to be gotten-around easily. At least with Jool having so many moons, it's easy to fill up your contract list with contracts for just that system, but like I said, trying to fill it up with just Dres and Eeloo contracts isn't happening :)

Great work on the mod. I tried it out and it works just as described.

Hope to see this function further integrated with career mode and maybe these ideas could help:

This tool is exactly what the contract acquisition team needed. The mission commander has much more important work than browsing tenders. With just a little intervention from the mission commander the contracts the team provide are spot on to the requirements.

The space agency will need to pay for the additional employees. Maybe an upgrade option cost in mission control. Each Employee filters a specific contract type.

The config file in GameData/Squad/Contracts allows you to specify the amount of contracts that can be offered and/or active for each contract type, I'm not sure if all of the stock contract types are there, but at least the FinePrint contracts are. There is also a field near the top, AverageAvailableContracts, that lets you specify the total number of contracts the system will allow you to have.

Several contract addons also allow for customizing the number of contracts of each type available, and Contract Configurator has more complicated ways of handling it, too.

Edit All appears to do nothing?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it is rejecting contracts willy-nilly.

http://i.imgur.com/HOBGDCR.png

I have nothing set, that I'm aware of, that should be removing these missions for funds reasons. I even went through all the rejection things and set the max allowable funds to be 100000000, and min 0, for every single one.

Glyph, I'm going to need your settings.cfg file please. Also, are you making sure to double-save your stuff? There are settings saves and type saves. Type saves write things to places to be saved, settings saves put those type saves into settings file.

I click the "save" button? I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

Unfortunately CKAN deleted my config when I removed the addon :(. I may try again, I'll be sure to post whole logs and config if I do.

@Glyph, Nevermind my double save button theory XD I'm still used to the old version where the close button didnt save things. The close button saved the preferences, and the save button saves the types. You should also do a save-load and check log for errors, if there is, then you know something went wrong in the process.

Logs and settings files are quite handy in these situations, so yes, next time you have a problem, post the files and I'll take a look.

Hey i wanted to give this a try, but it wont download from ckan.

So if i go to Kerbalstuff and download it manually, it works but for the ckan link i get a 404.

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/789/ContractFilter Works

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/778/Contract Controller/download/1.0 leads to:

[h=3]"404 Not Found[/h] Looks like this was deleted, or maybe was never here. Who knows."

Edited by maculator
investigated

@maculator, Contract Controller is only on CKAN because CKAN guys won't take it down. So I put up the newer version, which is Contract Filter.

@Badsector, No, MM patches are usually cfg files, which I'd have to write to, and would further elongate the process.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.