Contract Filter 1.5.2(1.1.2) Manage the contracts you receive to your liking!

silverfox8124

@MisterFister, @SkyRender, I just compiled the mod for 1.1.2. You guys will get release soon after I get spacedock and CKAN hosting. However, my drive for this mod is abismal. I'm lucky I managed to get around to compiling it. I have other things I want to spend my time on, and as such, I'm putting the mod up for adoption. If there is a modder who wants to take care of the mod and keep it updated, then we can talk.

Mind you, I haven't fully tested the mod, and if there are parts that are broken, then they're broken and that sucks. I have KerbalWeatherSystems which I spend a lot of my time on and IRL stuff as well that I have to manage.

Log file is being spammed when in sandbox mode with the following:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractController.HeadMaster.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

The spamming really starts when you go back to the main menu

Edited by linuxgurugamer

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Log file is being spammed when in sandbox mode with the following:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

The spamming really starts when you go back to the main menu

Can't replicate. Mod works fine in sandbox, the main code doesn't run. Also no logs = no support. Please add logs if you have a bug to report.

Windows 10, 32 gig memory.

Running KSP_x64.exe

Following mods are installed:

• Contract Configurator 1.11.5
  • Contract Filter 1.5
  • Contract pack: Rover Missions 0.1.4
  • Contract Reward Modifier 2.3
  • Editor Extensions Redux 3.2.11
  • Exception Detector 2
  • KRASH 0.5.9
  • Module Manager 2.6.24
  • SpacetuxSA 0.3.10.1
  • Waypoint Manager 2.5.1

New game.  Standard career.  Got a NRF immediately upon getting to the space center:

(Filename:  Line: -1)

This zip file contains both the log file and the save file directory:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/6sxs66lyz247so6/CF.zip?dl=0

-----------------------------------

Test # 2:

Started game again, went into the same save as above.  Got same NRFs.  Went back to main menu, then went into a sandbox save.  Log file got spammed with NRFs

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Behaviour:get_isActiveAndEnabled ()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Behaviour:get_isActiveAndEnabled ()

This zip contains both save file directories, the output_log.txt and the settings file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdgmbxoz0mlladj/CF2.zip?dl=0

@linuxgurugamer I downloaded all the mods you have listed, put them in my install, ran that without your save, no errors found except the ones on the main menu in regards to the UnityBehaviour:get_isActiveAndEnabled() I'll put a patch out to fix those nullrefs. However, I even loaded up your save and my mod worked perfectly. I am getting none of the errors you mention or have in your output log.

Sorry but I can't replicate, so I can't solve the issue.

49 minutes ago, silverfox8124 said:

@linuxgurugamer I downloaded all the mods you have listed, put them in my install, ran that without your save, no errors found except the ones on the main menu in regards to the UnityBehaviour:get_isActiveAndEnabled() I'll put a patch out to fix those nullrefs. However, I even loaded up your save and my mod worked perfectly. I am getting none of the errors you mention or have in your output log.

Sorry but I can't replicate, so I can't solve the issue.

Hmmm.

I assume you are running Windows, 64 bit, KSP 64 bit?

I'll make a totally clean install when I get home and try it again.

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmmm.

I assume you are running Windows, 64 bit, KSP 64 bit?

I'll make a totally clean install when I get home and try it again.

Indeed. I put out a new patch, so install that and try a fresh install of ContractFilter. Also note that is says that in bug reports, you must submit the output_log.txt file, and the settings.cfg file from ContractFilter folder. Make sure to do that next time.

9 minutes ago, silverfox8124 said:

Indeed. I put out a new patch, so install that and try a fresh install of ContractFilter. Also note that is says that in bug reports, you must submit the output_log.txt file, and the settings.cfg file from ContractFilter folder. Make sure to do that next time.

Ok.

the initial post was more informative, my second post included everything.  There was no settings.cfg in the first zip file because it didn't exist when I ran it, that was the first time running.

I'll try it this evening.

15 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

this looks handy, as I tried rejector, but had some issues with it. quick question: are you penalized for auto-declines?

Cheers

No, it's as if you didn't get the contract in the first place.

Edited by silverfox8124

Messing about with it now, I like it. Seems to play decently with Contract Configurator, although not sure how it's filter works with your's yet.

One thing though:

Go Edit All --> Close. Get this 100% of the time. (Have to hit the Edit All button again to close the side window). Pretty minor, figured you might be interested though. If you want a full log, let me know. Linux, 64 bit.

InvalidOperationException: out of sync
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,ContractController.TypePreference].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,ContractController.TypePreference].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+KeyCollection+Enumerator[System.String,ContractController.TypePreference].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractController.HeadMaster.editAllWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

1 minute ago, Deimos Rast said:

Messing about with it now, I like it. Seems to play decently with Contract Configurator, although not sure how it's filter works with your's yet.

One thing though:

Go Edit All --> Close. Get this 100% of the time. (Have to hit the Edit All button again to close the side window). Pretty minor, figured you might be interested though. If you want a full log, let me know. Linux, 64 bit.

InvalidOperationException: out of sync
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,ContractController.TypePreference].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+Enumerator[System.String,ContractController.TypePreference].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2+KeyCollection+Enumerator[System.String,ContractController.TypePreference].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractController.HeadMaster.editAllWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

That's all fine. As long as it doesn't impact performance of the mod it's all good.

7 hours ago, silverfox8124 said:

That's all fine. As long as it doesn't impact performance of the mod it's all good.

Well the thing is, after playing with it for a good half hour, I can't actually get it to do anything. I think this is unrelated to the above error.

I'm trying to eliminate "observational surveys" so I go to blacklist strings. I try alternatively and combinations of all of: focused observational surveys, surveys, observational surveys. I hit add for each. I close the box, it saves (I have the in game debug menu open and I see that it saves). I hit "Sort" it says it started sorting and nothing happens (I have the Alt+F12 Menu open an no contracts change, as those are the only contract types listed). I do a scene change to the mission control and still nothing. Tellingly, there is no activity in the log when I hit sort. Should there be? All I've ever seen is Save and Load.

The only thing I can think of is a conflict with Contract Configurator, as I already have some things pre-filtered out (e.g. Part Tests), but your mod doesn't even display them as a category, so I'm guessing it picks up on that filter already.

Here is a log. This is on Linux, 64 bit. That's the only error I can find relating to the mod in the log, so I'm a little stumped (as I agree it's likely trivial). Either that or I'm misunderstanding the basic usage of the blacklist feature.

Cheers.

---edit---

Also, opening the menu in the Space Center seems to open Contract Filter.

Edited by Deimos Rast

8 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Well the thing is, after playing with it for a good half hour, I can't actually get it to do anything. I think this is unrelated to the above error.

I'm trying to eliminate "observational surveys" so I go to blacklist strings. I try alternatively and combinations of all of: focused observational surveys, surveys, observational surveys. I hit add for each. I close the box, it saves (I have the in game debug menu open and I see that it saves). I hit "Sort" it says it started sorting and nothing happens (I have the Alt+F12 Menu open an no contracts change, as those are the only contract types listed). I do a scene change to the mission control and still nothing. Tellingly, there is no activity in the log when I hit sort. Should there be? All I've ever seen is Save and Load.

The only thing I can think of is a conflict with Contract Configurator, as I already have some things pre-filtered out (e.g. Part Tests), but your mod doesn't even display them as a category, so I'm guessing it picks up on that filter already.

Here is a log. This is on Linux, 64 bit. That's the only error I can find relating to the mod in the log, so I'm a little stumped (as I agree it's likely trivial). Either that or I'm misunderstanding the basic usage of the blacklist feature.

Cheers.

---edit---

Also, opening the menu in the Space Center seems to open Contract Filter.

I'll see if I can replicate, it *should* be an easy thing to fix.

Also, the GUI opening when the game is paused is apart of my Bethesda philosophy; "It's a feature!"

edit-----

I loveing hate linux newlines, they are half-complete on windows, so the only saving grace for that file you sent was word wrap...

@Deimos Rast There is no such thing as a "scene switch" from Space center to Mission Control, it's the same scene, just with Mission Control painted overtop of it. And I don't recall explicitly working with contract configurator's filter. I never knew it had one.

EDIT:

I just realized that the mod DECLINES THE CONTRACTS. This as unexpected from me as I thought I would've deleted the contract. I will attempt at fixing this.

I have fixed the issue now. You are no longer (wrongly) penalized for filtering contracts.

A PATCH IS RELEASED

Edited by silverfox8124

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i got a question:

with contract filter i can manage the reward of the contracts? for example adding funds or science points to a single type of contract or to all?

or the only thing i can do is to sorting the contracts with the reward parameter i had set before?

Am I right in thinking that as well as auto rejecting, this it also remove the penalties for rejecting?

I'm put off doing what this mod does manually because if I did my reputation would fall through the floor!

Edited by Bishop149

@Kerbinidiel No, it does not change or alter contract types. It is a filter, as the name suggests.

@Bishop149 It auto-rejects, and doesn't penalize you for it. It's like you never got them in the first place. (If you do get penalized for the rejection of contracts via contract filter, send me an error report.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2015 at 2:23 PM, silverfox8124 said:

THIS MOD IS UP FOR ADOPTION IF ANY MODDERS WANT TO PICK IT UP, TALK TO ME ON IRC

I'd contact you on IRC, but don't know the channel.

I may be interested in adopting this mod, if you are still looking for someone.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.