Contract Filter 1.5.2(1.1.2) Manage the contracts you receive to your liking!

silverfox8124

Oddity for you.

I am using most of the Contract Configurator extra packs and while most of them appear to be working fine, it seems that your sorter is auto skipping anything from the "Kerbin Space Station" pack of contracts even with a fresh install & no blocks set.

Also seems to be auto skipping all the "Plant Flag" missions I would expect to get as well. I don't think I have any mods that modify those so that might be something to look at.

EDIT: Hmm it seems to only be doing some of them. 2 star version for both. But its allowing one of the cheaper version of the 1 star stations through. Is there a loger or something I can tern on to figure out what conditions its using to cause them to vanish?

Edited by ExavierMacbeth

@Tontow, yes, it'll just reject the contracts as they come up.

@ExavierMacbeth, I'm curious as to whether those are a new contract type, if they are, they'd be either an explicit obvious type, or a "Configured Contract" type.

As for the Plant Flag missions, are you sure you have those set to be rejected? I'd like your settings.cfg(Contract Filter's) and the output log if it happens again. I'd also love to see the contract if possible. or at least the info to it, if you can remember. I've been having some feelings about the system not being able to handle parameters that aren't existing.

Edited by silverfox8124

Settings.cfg : http://pastebin.com/eWwPbn9b

MM Log Mod List: http://pastebin.com/mGwQgj9x

Log Chunk of it rejecting Missions: http://pastebin.com/BMb5NUUD

Sorry the log is only a chunk but my log is over 250,000 lines long and pastebin doesn't appreciate that :P

I can however reproduce it consistently between turning sorting off, rejecting things manually till I get one, then turning sorting on to watch it get rejected. So if you need a more focused complete log let me know and I will see if i can generate one just for that.

As to if they are a new contract type, they appear to be. But I compared them to the contract cfg files for the Scansat, RemoteTech, Tourisum, & Anomoly Surveyor contract packs (which are all working fine, though display as a massive list of "Configured Contract" in your UIs so I can't actually filter them, no way to tell which is which. All of them seem to follow the same code patterns that I can tell so I figured I would bring it up :)

So if I click reject type on the ones I no longer want to receive and then hit sort, how long does that action go on? A couple of times I've tried it, it never seemed to stop, and it really never seemed to reject those types I wanted it too..they kept popping up in the contract building after that...(I saved!) :)

@Eleven, it goes until you tell it to stop sorting.

@ExavierMacbeth, there's nothing I can do about the "Configured Contract" because that's the type name that the contract system gives me. I don't name the contract types, KSP does. One question for the "Build a station" does it ever not offer funds/science/rep upon advance completion or failure? (science is not for failure or advance, same with rep) Because I think that it might be screwing with the contract system, I've been having inklings, but I'm not too entirely sure.

Meh I can live the the Configured Contract Title... If I didn't want those to run I would just uninstall the mod :P

For the Space Station. Not that I can tell but this is how the Dev has it coded.

// Contract rewards - no science random other rewards.
rewardScience = 0
rewardReputation = Random(1.0, 100.0)
rewardFunds = Random(50000.0, 500000.0)
failureReputation = Random(1.0, 100.0)
failureFunds = Random(50000.0, 500000.0)
advanceFunds = Random(50000.0, 500000.0)

@ExavierMacbeth, I'm thinking the max values for that type need to be upped, because those max numbers may be more than what I have set default for max values.... Try raising the max values for the type in Contract Filter and see if it still rejects them

@Eleven, it goes until you tell it to stop sorting.

To what end? Does it just sort forever, never producing a result? Or is it actually going through removing contract types? I'm unclear on what the sort function is for :)

@Eleven, my mod is a filter for the contracts you get. It sorts out the contracts you want from the ones you don't want, and then declines the ones you dont want for you, and has the option to auto-accept contracts you want too. It sorts until you tell it to stop sorting. It doesn't stop contract types from spawning, and doesn't change any contract definitions. It just filters.

Looks like that was it. I didn't realize the Max Funds complete default was only 100,000... I was reading it as 1,000,000 like the max funds advance and wondering why it was dropping contracts for 250k. Seems i had to do this same change to the default ISRU contracts as well, looks like your global defaults are all capped at 100k except for the Advance Funds.

@Eleven, my mod is a filter for the contracts you get. It sorts out the contracts you want from the ones you don't want, and then declines the ones you dont want for you, and has the option to auto-accept contracts you want too. It sorts until you tell it to stop sorting. It doesn't stop contract types from spawning, and doesn't change any contract definitions. It just filters.

Help me out here, I'm obviously not getting it. I've set it to reject Part Tests, Satellite Contracts and Survey Contracts. I saved it, Sorted for a while, and yet my offered contract list is full of Satellite Contracts 1 Part Test Contract. What am I doing wrong?

qESHnba.png

@Silver : Instead of just setting an absolute cap on it. Could you just add a pre-set "Any max" override checkbox? Otherwise players will probobly have to start going in and tweaking the maxes for every contract anyway when they start getting missions for the outer system (or memory forbid, the additional system planet packs people have created).

@Eleven : What do you actually have unlocked Tech wise? Remember that alot of contracts have conditional unlocks on them or milestones. Stations need docking ports, bases need landing legs, etc. If your very early in the career game you may not have a diverse enough sample of valid contracts for the game to generate so it will endlessly cycle until something finally sticks.

@Eleven : What do you actually have unlocked Tech wise? Remember that alot of contracts have conditional unlocks on them or milestones. Stations need docking ports, bases need landing legs, etc. If your very early in the career game you may not have a diverse enough sample of valid contracts for the game to generate so it will endlessly cycle until something finally sticks.

I've got 37million Kerbucks and 39,000 extra science points as illustrated in the screenshot...my tech tree is way beyond completed :)

lmao guess i really am blind. But you never know :P

You could check for the same problem I was having. Open up each of the contract types and look at the max Compleion funds. The current version's default is stil to auto reject any contract with more than 100,000 completion. Its probobly rejecting things like the higher end ISRU contracts and stuff. Sorta where I hit my wall :P

@Eleven, if it's not declining the contracts, then what's happening is that you are getting large numbers of that contract, and after you tell it to stop sorting, the empty spaces from all the declined contracts come up as those types you were trying to block. I don't stop contract types from spawning, I just filter them out when they come.

- - - Updated - - -

@Eleven, if it's not declining the contracts, then what's happening is that you are getting large numbers of that contract, and after you tell it to stop sorting, the empty spaces from all the declined contracts come up as those types you were trying to block. I don't stop contract types from spawning, I just filter them out when they come.

@ExavierMacbeth, the reason why I have a set cap is so that my mod has something to go off of to compare. And it's looking difficult to me to try and create a new max amount each time a contract higher than the current max comes up because then I have a conflict of interest where my mod won't know whether to keep the max or change it. There's a limit for a reason, I'll just set it considerably higher this time.

Apparently a bug: if you set up "AutoAccept Bodies" (in my case it was Mun) and *maybe* few other switches - it will not check for current "Max Active Contracts" and accept as many as possible (my case was 9 out of 2).

Thanx for the mod

I don't know about that. It would be nice if I could set it to a slow sort speed so I can see what it is doing or set it crazy fast once I'm sure it is sorting like I want it to.

Shouldn't be too hard, it is just a wait type command tied to a text box with a number in it.

@Tontow, I'm not saying it's hard, I'm just saying that you already select how you want it to sort, and it will sort from there, if you want to see it's craziness in action, go to the Mission Control building and watch it there. And as for watching what it's doing, all you see as the user is it declining contracts and new ones popping up. It's nothing special really.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.