Whitestone

This takes me back to 0.24.My first ever successeful manned mission since i began playing KSP.Before this, probes were my way to go.I was and still am a fan of E.V.E.It surprises me that even back then i still used E.V.E.

NOTE: The following story is from memory, so i might change it here and there.

OPERATION WHITESTONE

11jr7h2.png

This is the only screenshot i have of it left in my Pictures folder on my PC.

Description:

The rocket was a fairly simple 2m rocket.I tried my hand at the larger parts.The core was a Rockomax Jumbo-64 tank and a Rockomax-32 tank with a Mainsail Engine on.

On the sides, it had 2 "Kickback" boosters as they are now called.On top of the capsule, as you can see from the picture, were 4 OX-STAT panels and a Mk16-XL parachute.

As for staging, it was pretty simple: fire boosters, decouple, fire main engine, decouple, deploy parachute.

I launched it into a 70-75 km orbit.I did 1 full orbit and i felt like i was one with the Kerbals.Next time i arrived at apoapsis, i wasted last bits of my fuel deorbiting and then ejecting the capsule.It was a very slow descent, took about 2-5 minutes or so.I landed in a plain grass field almost a bit less than a kilometer ASL and planted a flag and got all of them out of the capsule.

That's all i remember.The reason why i only have this screenshot is because, wait for it.....................I didn't know how to take screenshots.But, after a trip to the Settings menu at the start, i found out about the Hide GUI key and Take Screenshot key.Turned out it was F2 and F1.

What goes for the name, and you probably guessed it, the name was heavily referencing the Mercury Redstone operation, altough it looked nothing like it.

Ain't it good to go back to the good old days, when aerodynanmics and physics were stupid, but simple and fun?

Hope you enyojed this trip to nostalgialand.

Cya!

Edited by Candlelight

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.