Two star engineer can't fix wheels?

This is odd. I dropped a base on the Mun and broke a couple of wheels. No problem, my Bill Kerman is a two-* engineer and I need to add solar to the base anyway, so I send him along. And then...

YE40gKF.png

Looking at Bill in the Astronaut Complex confirms he has the "Fix Wheels" ability. A bug, or am I missing something?

56mhkaH.png

According to the Wiki, he should be able to.

Where it says on your screenshot "Level 3 is required" is definitely a bug. (Should be "Level 2 is required")

I think I encountered this bug in 0.90, and posted a bug report, but got no replies, so I figured it was pretty rare.

Has Bill repaired any wheels prior to this?

Has Bill repaired any wheels prior to this?

Not this Bill in this save, no. I wonder if a programmer got the number of stars confused with skill level? i.e. a two-star engineer like Bill is level 3, but when he tries to fix the wheel it thinks "he has two stars, he must be level two." I'll give him another star in a backup save later on and see if that works... if not I will edit the main save to fix the wheels. Thanks Slam!

• 3 months later...

I reported this bug in 0.90 allready to developers, but still this isn't fixed even when I started a new game after 1.0.2 :(

... they updated Technical fixing stats for everything +1 instead :P

Edited by Tazmaniak

This is a known bug, #5015. Indeed, the AC lists Level 2 Engineers as being able to repair wheels, but Level 3 is required. I am not aware of a fix for this. Level 3 Engineers are able to repair wheels.

This issue has been reported on the public bug tracker, as well as an internal tracker. Kuzzter, thank you for the report!

Also, thanks to whomever reported to the Public Bug Tracker.

Edited by RexKramer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.