Two-seated Mercury capsule mod???

A few days ago I was looking at a mod on these forums, it was a two seater Mecury capsule. I'm playing on hard career mode right now and wnt to go to Duna, I have the whole one side of the tech tree unlocked but it won't let me unlock the MK-2 pod yet, I need something with more seats!

Does anyone know what mod I am talking about and can give me a link? It wasn't part of the FASA plugin or whatever that one is called, I'm 90% sure it was a single mod separate from that. Any similar mod that is a two seater that will work in 1.0 I would like, a capsule. I've also used the Apollo command pod in the past I'm not sure if that is 1.0 compatible. I really wanted this Mercury one if possible, sounds like a "fair" mod for me to use that isn't bypassing the contracts/science too much. I don't want to have too many mods installed, I'm trying to keep as vanilla as possible but at this point I really need a ship with more than one seat. Thanks.

...Shouldn't that be a Gemini pod?

ninja'd!

Gemini was (more or less) a 2-seater Mercury capsule in real life.

Also, not sure why the OP has to resort to mods to get a two seat capsule. It's pretty trivial to just stack 2 one-man pods in the early game. I typically use a capsule up top then add non-aerodynamic airplane cockpits stacked underneath it to add more Kerbalnauts. It works pretty well overall but you do have to watch it when you start stacking 3 or more pods together because they like to flip over on re-entry.

I'm seeing so many of these threads lately, really makes me feel like the stock game could use its own early game 2 kerbal capsule. There's obviously at least some degree of demand for it and if they didn't want to make it spam in a can, a tandem capsule could be interesting. At least there's plenty of mods to choose your favorite now, just look through all the examples in this thread. Back in my day there was none, so I had to make my own ;) It's the whole reason I even got into modding... Sry random tangent.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.