New patch coming, plus Unity 5 work to begin

I would like to see the 1.5m liquid fuel tank have a higher liquid fuel storage capacity than the 1.5m LFO tank(180vs160). Preferably double so nuclear craft don't have such stupidly low-densities.

Hopefully a fix for the memory leak with the temperature gauges.

also I'm hoping that Unity 5 will not be that far off, The Forest switched over to unity 5 within a month of it coming out, although I have no idea what the process of changing engine is like so I'm just thinking out loud, still hopefully its more a case of months than years.

?

You said that:

He also started that sentence with:

Really hoping...

Honestly the potential for 64 bit KSP that can utilize more available RAM is the best news I've heard yet, even if it is far down the road.

Awesome! I look forwards to the release :).

I'd love for the ability to toggle solar panels when in editor. That could help a ton when worrying about part collisions.

Oh! And what is the "blink lights" option on the medium antennae going to do?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I'm hoping they take their time with Unity 5 to get it right. The advantages are potentially there, but there have been other Unity projects that ported to Unity 5 already and received negative feedback from their playerbase (example: The Forest). Unity 5 is vastly different, and games even tend to look different visually after porting. Keep this in mind, everyone.

Fixing the memory leak is essential. One should not have to disable the feature every time you load a ship to avoid a game-breaking bug.

Fixing Mk3 parts so that they prevent drag properly and aren't so prone to rapid disassembly would be good, although I'm not at the stage yet where that's an issue for me.

Finally, unnerfing the science gains a bit so that career mode is less tedious would be nice.

The hotfix better be for at a minimum the temp guages crashing the game. Other stuff would be nice of course but massive memory leaks in a fully released game are not a great sign.

So that is an absolute MUST, however things I hope for include:

• Tweaked re entry heat, because right now it might as well not even exist.
  • Put the aero back to 1.0. Not a deal breaker for me, but I did like it better.
  • Give us a way to make non-staging fairings that don't rip themselves apart.
  • Fix Mk3 Drag.
  • Fix Mk3 node strength.

Edited by Alshain

Glad to hear the devs are getting back to work (I appreciate that they're working on another hotfix, but still not happy with the decisions that resulted in 1.0 needing THREE hotfixes before 1.1).

Unity 5 will be a great opportunity to really improve the core of the game, I hope Squad takes the time to do it right and refactor the code as necessary. We need a solid foundation before more features (a balance and polish pass wouldn't hurt either).

Looking forwards to proper 64-bit support on Windows.

This. I have no idea what will be in the hotfix, I'm HOPING it will include a 2.5m LF tank, because I'd personally like to see it in the game.

Oh, ok, I get you. I thought it was a quote from Maxmaps twitter.

"An interesting tweet from Maxmaps:" - your post, and then everything that followed is from Maxmaps. Apparently it's not. Sorry for confusion.

The 1.25m LF tank has 160 units of liquid fuel.

The 1.25m LFO tank (same dimensions, aside from mass) has 180 units of liquid fuel. plus the equivalent in oxidizer.

Anyone else see the problem? :P

This is one thing that really bothered me when building spaceplanes. I'm better off getting a cargo bay and putting a LF/O tank in it.

The 1.25m LFO tank (same dimensions, aside from mass) has 180 units of liquid fuel. plus the equivalent in oxidizer.

Yup, balances were a bit unbalanced.

An interesting tweet from Maxmaps:

I'm really hoping the hotfix fixes Mk3 cargo bay occlusion and adds a 2.5m LF tank for LV-N use. What would you like to see?

Unity 5 I consider a longer term project, hopefully it delivers some of the goods it seems to promise.

Could it be related to the fact that one is for an aircraft, and would normally be subjected to far different stresses… like being horizontal (hogging), landing forces (while horizontal), etc?

Edited by tater

There are a number of issues with orbital paths, maneuver nodes, and intercepts that I really hoped would be ironed out by now

- When your intercept status flickers between no intercept and crashing into the planet.

- When you're warping toward your intercept and it suddenly disappears, even without changing SOI, but then you still get there anyway.

- When you're adjusting your periapsis, but there's a region where your intercept disappears for no apparent reason.

- It's often hard to actually click on paths to create maneuver nodes, particularly on either end of an escape trajectory.

- Escape trajectories still aren't displayed properly. Instead of being hyperbolic, the path appears to first curve in toward the planet, then slightly away before curving back inward.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.