Sign in to follow this  
Pirke

Unable to resume a flight with tourists from space center

Question

KSP: 1.0.2.842 windows 32 bit

Mods installed: FAR, DeadlyReentry, Firespitter, FogOfTech, KAX, KerbalConstructionTime, KerbalEngineer, KSP-AVC, ModlarflightIntegrator, FinalFrontier, ProceduralFairings, RealChute, RemoteTech, ScanSat, StageRecovery, TAC Life Support, KerbalAlarmClock

All the above mods were released for 1.0.2, I did a full clean mod install.

Problem: During career mode, I have a flight on a suborbital trajectory with 1 pilot and 2 tourists. I'm unable to continue that flight.

Reproduction steps: This is how I got to this problem:

- Launch a rocket with 3 command pod MK1s on top of each other

- Jeb as pilot, and 2 tourists (Shelbro and Cermy) from a contract that want an orbital flight

- Once in orbit, burn retro to start reentry

- After burn, eject fuel tanks and engine, leaving only the 3 command pods on top of each other (and some chutes of course)

- I noticed that these pods didn't have any drag, even at 5k altitude they didn't slow down. Probably a FAR bug (I used the latest "Fanno"), so I press Alt-F4 to try reentry again (I play on hard, no revert flight, but I make an exception with Alt-F4 for obvious bugs...)

- I reload the game, go to space center to redo the reentry, hoping that the bug only occurred once

In the space center I can't click the button with my flight (it's the only flight in progress). Nothing happens. Double clicking in the map also has no effect.

When I look at the crew roster, I see Jeb is still an assigned pilot, but Shelbro and Cermy are available for a flight, even though they should be on board of that flight.

In the output_log.txt I see an unhandled exception related to crew seating in the space center view:

[Tracking Station]: SetVessel(Contract Orbiter)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Contract Orbiter

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[internalSeat].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KnowledgeBase.CreateVesselCrewList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceTracking.SetVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean keepFocus) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at SpaceTracking+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at KnowledgeBase.UpdateVesselInfoList (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KnowledgeBase.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

The log files and my save is available at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6OjJwPwNBdBcUdjLWYzS2RKNFE/view?usp=sharing

- - - Updated - - -

When looking at my save file, I notice that 5 other Kerbals are Assigned, instead of the ones I remember taking along. Also in the TAC Life Support logging I can see Shelbro and Cermy being on a flight, while the contract of Shelbro and Cermy is Active instead of offered for the others.

Or are Kerbals Assigned when the contract hasn't been accepted yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I did some editing of my save file:

- update all 5 tourists from non-accepted contracts to "available"

- update Shelbro and Cermy to "assigned"

- update the idx of Shelbro and Cermy from -1 to 0 (the same as Jeb)

Now I can resume the flight again. I don't know if I broke something else though... :)

- - - Updated - - -

And after retrying the reentry, no zero-drag bug occurred... but it still might be good to investigate the tourism issue :)

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet