[1.0.2]Corvus -Size 1, two Kerbal command pod(Version 1.1.1)

Orionkermin

The mod looks & feel awesome.

My only suggestion, in line with the previous posts, would be to update the introduction of the pod. It is so complete that it does make you wonder if you're missing the "corvus heatshield" and "corvus decoupler." Just stating that heatshield and decoupler are not missing, "use stock versions or kw-rocketry if you like" would be enough.

I don't think it's a big deal they're not thereâ€â€the mod is awesome as it isâ€â€but it does take the guesswork out of it when you're putting your first corvus-equipped rocket together.

Good Afternoon, I have a roster filled with rescued Kerbals! :D The Corvus makes a great rescue craft and can be incoporated into a lander for unfortunate Kerbals stranded on the Mun and Minmus.

The mod looks & feel awesome.

My only suggestion, in line with the previous posts, would be to update the introduction of the pod. It is so complete that it does make you wonder if you're missing the "corvus heatshield" and "corvus decoupler." Just stating that heatshield and decoupler are not missing, "use stock versions or kw-rocketry if you like" would be enough.

I don't think it's a big deal they're not thereâ€â€the mod is awesome as it isâ€â€but it does take the guesswork out of it when you're putting your first corvus-equipped rocket together.

A good idea and a valid complaint. I actually did start working on a heatshield, so it will end up as a more complete system. I think you're right though, the OP needs to be more clear. I also need to update the images in the album as well.

Good Afternoon, I have a roster filled with rescued Kerbals! :D The Corvus makes a great rescue craft and can be incoporated into a lander for unfortunate Kerbals stranded on the Mun and Minmus.

Nice! It's quite a bit smaller than the stuff in HGR eh?

OK, adding this to my list of must-have modules. It's really nice!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. But that user name... My first thought was instantly:

DizzyDizzy.jpg

I used to play this way more than I should of as a kid. :D

Those parts are looking good!

I made some corvus fan art!

dLBld1p.jpg

I haven't actually been able to see the corvus in game (sigh... exams...). So im not sure if my modules are accurate! but oh well.

Ooooh. Nice. Wish the fairing on that stock heatshield wasn't so thick, too.... Really looking forward to this.

Thanks, mine isn't using an autoshroud, it just fits into the decoupler I made.

ppUIZoj.png

I think it's a pretty good fit. I ultimately just decided to have the decoupler work as its own part, in case people want to use it in place of the big yellow stock one.

That looks really good. I was worried the black ring for the decoupler would look odd but it looks great!

Wow that's really awesome, thanks! Mind if I add it to the OP? I'll credit you for it of course.

Hey Orionkermin, also could you credit "Saybur Stuff" for the vectors on the corvus logo. I used the planets from his vector pack and its part of the liscence for that.

Oh wow, that looks really nice!
That looks really good. I was worried the black ring for the decoupler would look odd but it looks great!

Thanks, I wasn't sure either honestly. But, I think it breaks things up nicely. It works for me because all the black is towards the front, I'll have to make sure not to do the same thing when I fix up the engine and service module.

Hey Orionkermin, also could you credit "Saybur Stuff" for the vectors on the corvus logo. I used the planets from his vector pack and its part of the liscence for that.

Sure.

Anyone else try to perform a glide landing? Almost makes me want to make little Skids.

I'll try :D And can't wait for a heat shield and a decoupler. this pod is a must have!:cool:

screenshot19_zpstm1aavhu.png

This was my best attempt :D but I have to destroy a wing to stop me because my tochdown speed was like 15 m/s vertical and 9 m/s horizontal:P

Edited by CosmoBro
pic

Two quick questions! Do you plan on adding seats for IVA? Right now the Kerbals are sitting in air. Also, any reason why the docking/parachute cone isn't surface attachable? I can't put lights or antennas on it.

Newest Update is up on the OP. Check out the change log for details.

Make sure you delete the old version before updating. Also note that the nose might of been tweaked a bit and it could affect craft that are in flight.

Two quick questions! Do you plan on adding seats for IVA? Right now the Kerbals are sitting in air. Also, any reason why the docking/parachute cone isn't surface attachable? I can't put lights or antennas on it.

Lucky you; asking me before I posted the update. Nose now supports surface attach. The IVA has seats, you need to also install the HGR file included as it contains the props I use. (Like said seats) :)

I love this! Just wanted to note one "documentation bug": the Corvus Supply Tank description says it "carries more monopropellant than the standard RCS tank of the same diameter." In fact, it contains 20% less, 200 units vs. 250 in the stock FL-R25. Not that I think that's too little, just noting that the description is incorrect.

Lucky you; asking me before I posted the update. Nose now supports surface attach. The IVA has seats, you need to also install the HGR file included as it contains the props I use. (Like said seats) :)

Whoops, guess I deletd the HGR folder by accident. Thanks!

Some problems with the new update:

• With the new Corvus heat shield, craft want to turn upside down during reentry. Adding the following (taken from the stock heat shield .cfgs) seems to fix it:

CoPOffset = 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

CoLOffset = 0.0, -0.15, 0.0

• The Corvus no longer flies straight! It always turns towards the horizon at liftoff. The nosecone seems to be the culprit.

• I feel like the ship should be leaning the opposite direction when the parachute is deployed. i.e. the parachute string should not be clipping through the nosecone:

H7Q8slG.png

With the new Corvus heat shield, craft want to turn upside down during reentry.

I was just about to say that. Testing your code now

EDIT: Your code help me a lot. Now it points the right position

The Corvus no longer flies straight! It always turns towards the horizon at liftoff. The nosecone seems to be the culprit.

About that I'm having no trouble I think that your launcher is the one causing trouble

Edited by CosmoBro