[1.0.2]Corvus -Size 1, two Kerbal command pod(Version 1.1.1)

Orionkermin

OK, I fixed the bugs an put out an update. The chute had a COM problem that needed to be fixed and that's what was causing the minor rotation when thrusting.

Thank you for bring these bugs to my attention and helping me get them sorted.

@ev0: The chute still has some clipping, but it's not as bad now. I will most likely do a redesign of the chute at some point and change the method of deployment.

You've done it again OrionKermin: making a very cool stock looking addon for KSP.

I wonder.... with the release of Windowshine and it's potential for other mods.... could you implement the same reflection to your parts with texturereplacer (say, the reflective foil on the back of the craft)?

Here's the forum thread about windowshine and how it functions:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/122259-WIP-WindowShine-v-4-Reflective-stock-windows-and-solar-panels-5-20-15

OK, I fixed the bugs an put out an update. The chute had a COM problem that needed to be fixed and that's what was causing the minor rotation when thrusting.

Looks all good now! Just wondering for a future update, is it even possible for the parachute to deploy away from the COM of the nose cone, so we can see the pod lean to the side like I mentioned before? Or is it hard coded that a parachute will always deploy through the COM of the part it deploys from?

I wonder.... with the release of Windowshine and it's potential for other mods.... could you implement the same reflection to your parts with texturereplacer (say, the reflective foil on the back of the craft)?

Here's the forum thread about windowshine and how it functions:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/122259-WIP-WindowShine-v-4-Reflective-stock-windows-and-solar-panels-5-20-15

Windowshine sounds neat:D

So, I also made my own bodylifting-glider-corvus thingy:

Imgur Link

Cute, right? The only thing this is really missing is a tail fin. It's quite fun to fly, it stalls a lot! I actually used a parachute for the final landing, but the goal of this mission was to test deorbiting, reentry and gliding of a spaceplane-style craft. I might make a crew ferry out of this thing. Anyway, thanks for making this awesome little add-on, keep up the good work!

Edited by ZentroCatson

I am going to be doing a summer project that makes a new tech tree, and I am going to be making modulemanager files to fit these parts to the tech tree, and I am putting this project on curse/KerbalX, do I have your permission?

Any plans on "RasterPropMonitor"'ing those 3 IVA screens? This is a great little pod.

There's an RPM IVA in the newest download. The other screens are just props for those that don't use RPM.

I am going to be doing a summer project that makes a new tech tree, and I am going to be making modulemanager files to fit these parts to the tech tree, and I am putting this project on curse/KerbalX, do I have your permission?

Yea that's fine by me, you're only using MM files to change the technode.

Are you planning to reboot or expand the Corvus parts with the rest of HGR?

Not 100% sure I understand what you're asking.

Am I planning to roll this into HGR? No, it already has the Radish that I'm working on remaking and is a 1.875 Gemini style craft.

Am I planning to continue working on this at the same time? Yes, I'll be reworking some of the older parts and possibly adding some extra stuff for the Corvus in a separate DL.

There's an RPM IVA in the newest download. The other screens are just props for those that don't use RPM.

Yea that's fine by me, you're only using MM files to change the technode.

Yes, I am

Nice work, love the capsule, fits perfectly into early career.

One question though, for the corvus fuel tank, description says it holds a bit more monopropellant compared to the standard part of same diameter. However, the standard part is only half the height, and still holds a little more (250 on stock, 200 on corvus).

Shouldn't the corvus tank be holding around 400 (and increasing mass accordingly), given that a same height stock tank assembly, using two tanks, would hold 500?

I realize I can just edit the cfg to suit my needs, just wondering if balance against stock would be better this way.

One question though, for the corvus fuel tank, description says it holds a bit more monopropellant compared to the standard part of same diameter. However, the standard part is only half the height, and still holds a little more (250 on stock, 200 on corvus).

Shouldn't the corvus tank be holding around 400 (and increasing mass accordingly), given that a same height stock tank assembly, using two tanks, would hold 500?

I realize I can just edit the cfg to suit my needs, just wondering if balance against stock would be better this way.

That is fixed in the last realese the description was wrong

And Orionkermin have you thought about adding it to ckan? is very easy I can even do it for you

EDIT: just saw this

All rights Reserved. -Permission for CKAN to redistribute
but I can't find it on ckan Edited by CosmoBro

Yup, as CosmoBro mentioned, the description is fixed in the newest release. While, you are correct about the size vs capacity I would rather keep the part overall lighter, especially since fuel margins can be close in the early game. I'm planning to remake the part as a combo fuel tank and supply bay. This way the capacity can be expanded using the radial tanks based on the mission parameters. The monopropellant generator will likely become its own part at that point.

That is fixed in the last realese the description was wrong

And Orionkermin have you thought about adding it to ckan? is very easy I can even do it for you

I thought it was automatic when I selected the option on Kerbal Stuff. I'll have a re-read and figure it out, I need to be able to do it myself. But thank you for the offer, if I can't figure it out I'll send a PM. :)

Edit: Ahh I see. Well I'm planning to add HGR to CKAN as well, I'm just working on some bug fixing before I upload to Kerbal Stuff. I can update it's license right away though if that will allow it to be redistributed with Corvus.

Edited by Orionkermin

Ahh I see. Well I'm planning to add HGR to CKAN as well, I'm just working on some bug fixing before I upload to Kerbal Stuff. I can update it's license right away though if that will allow it to be redistributed with Corvus.

The CKAN people prefer to have the mods listed on kerbarlstuff because they can auto update the CKAN listing automatically whenever there is an update. If the mod is listed somewhere else, they need to update the CKAN file by hand every time there is a release. I'll be happy to put together a CKAN file for HGR while it is listed on curse, with the idea that we will update it once you are ready to release it on kerbalstuff.

On a related note, is the HRG folder the same between HRG redux and Corvus?

HGR is distributed as both HGR (older parts) and HGR redux (parts that have been remade) the version of HGR being distributed with Corvus is stripped down to just the props. They should be completely mergable though if that helps.

This mod is one of my Base mods now. The nose cone alone is outstanding. But the Crew Module is fantastic. The interior is real well done. Everything about this mod is just solid.

No issues so far. Accept slight oddity; Nose cone does not register as a dockingport for certain contracts.

Thank you!

2015_05_25_00007.jpg

Yup, as CosmoBro mentioned, the description is fixed in the newest release. While, you are correct about the size vs capacity I would rather keep the part overall lighter, especially since fuel margins can be close in the early game. I'm planning to remake the part as a combo fuel tank and supply bay. This way the capacity can be expanded using the radial tanks based on the mission parameters. The monopropellant generator will likely become its own part at that point.

That'd be even better I guess, I'm actually using that variant with stock parts most of the time, i.e. one standard monopropellant tank and a service bay with a radial tank among other things.

Very cool guys! I'm always happy to get screenshots. :)

I made a thing too!

Corvus%20Extras%20Preview_zpsxxkbjgej.png

And yea the tank is tweakscalable, defaulted to 1.25m.

I'm adding a download for these to the OP. Extra bits like this will be kept in a separate DL to keep the primary mod small. This is just extra goodies for those that are interested and to say thank you for all the support.