[1.0.2]Corvus -Size 1, two Kerbal command pod(Version 1.1.1)

Orionkermin

Happy to see I wasn't imagining things with the weird offset CoL reentry from the older version. Tried the newest version over the weekend and it reentered without inciting "we're gonna burn up and die" panic in my tourists. Success! ;)

I'm adding a download for these to the OP. Extra bits like this will be kept in a separate DL to keep the primary mod small. This is just extra goodies for those that are interested and to say thank you for all the support.

You need to put up a donation link so I can buy you beer or coffee. :)

Request: Could we get a separate kapton/foil endcap for the 1.875m adapter? In a pinch I can tweakscale the OAS up to 1.875m but a standalone endcap would be nice to have.

wait a minute how the kas version have more delta-V and TWR if it has less monopropelant, more mass and it uses the same amount of engines?

Yes my friend you right...my fault!!! :)

I changed the crafts with two less O-10 "Puff" Engines (now have two),and i add doawnload link about who like these crafts!

Edited by CERVERUS

screenshot21_zpsjyese0wm.png

Faster, better, cheaper...

They're stuck, about 20 units of monoprop short of return. I should of waited just a little longer to ditch the descent stage.

@somnambulist:

I'm thinking that maybe adding the Kapton as an auto-shroud that doesn't jettison might be the easiest solution. I can just make a duplicate .cfg so that you just choose if you want a capped or uncapped version. Keeps the part count and complexity down, I think.

What is the big-c looking like right now?

"C" = Corvus

"3"= is code Number about my crafts,help me about recognize some diferents,one to another crafts

"CSAT" = Cargo Satellite

I just wanted to say this is my first career with the Corvus and it's a beautiful ship. It comes at the perfect time and I have pushed it to the limits (think Big Gemini). Ole faithful here has gotten me to the Mun in a free return and has been the highlight of my "Kemini program" this early in my career. Lovely work keep it up :) Pics later I'll show her in action.

What is the big-c looking like right now?

Still a ways off to be honest. I want to redo the nose and I need to remap the UVs on the capsule, which means re texturing both. Since the "Big-C" needs to match, it's better for me to wait and do it after I fix the basic parts, or possibly at the same time, we'll see. I'm starting with the supply module and engine though, so I won't even be touching the capsule for a bit still. And don't forget this isn't my only mod either. Sorry >_<

"C" = Corvus

"3"= is code Number about my crafts,help me about recognize some diferents,one to another crafts

"CSAT" = Cargo Satellite

I think he was asking about a Big Gemini style apart/pod.

I just wanted to say this is my first career with the Corvus and it's a beautiful ship. It comes at the perfect time and I have pushed it to the limits (think Big Gemini). Ole faithful here has gotten me to the Mun in a free return and has been the highlight of my "Kemini program" this early in my career. Lovely work keep it up :) Pics later I'll show her in action.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it and I always appreciate pics!

I've had a lot of fun in my "Corvus Test Career" too. (Checking for balance and whatnot :P) I went for miniaturization early so I could fly an Agena style circum-Munar mission.

Was the titan themed tank meant to be tweakscaled by the downloader in game, or was it meant to be 1.875 straight from the download?

It should be 1.25m by default, so that it works with the standard parts. I used tweakscale to make it 1.875m in the image.

I love this craft.....really like the way it fits in.

2 minor suggestions..... 1) add second nosecone option with two parachutes, bring the landing velocity down under the current 7-7.5 m/s, and 2) add a nose cone with an SAS capable controller for unmanned test flights. I fly mine in various test rockets and hate to put a controller body on the nose or a radial controller on the side (the radial gets wrecked on re-entry a lot too). Don't like flying a new machine with a test pilot, unmanned makes it a bit more real.

-W

I love this craft.....really like the way it fits in.

2 minor suggestions..... 1) add second nosecone option with two parachutes, bring the landing velocity down under the current 7-7.5 m/s, and 2) add a nose cone with an SAS capable controller for unmanned test flights. I fly mine in various test rockets and hate to put a controller body on the nose or a radial controller on the side (the radial gets wrecked on re-entry a lot too). Don't like flying a new machine with a test pilot, unmanned makes it a bit more real.

-W

Hi and welcome to the forums. :)

My plan for the nose is to make it so the entire top is removed when the chute deploys; see the actual Gemini. That will get rid of the ugly clipping we have right now. The stats definitely need tweaking, I agree with you there.

I want to make separate docking and non docking versons of the chute, so that you aren't getting docking technology earlier in the tree than you are meant to. I can add an extra .cfg to make a copy of the Non docking version be probe controlled, but it will get added to the extras DL. I want to make sure to keep the main mod fairly small, this helps avoids part bloat and still gives everyone what they want. For example, while it's a cool idea, how often will people use this pod without crew? Even in a campaign that is RP focused it won't be too many flights. So that's just one of the things I have to weigh in when I decide what goes into the primary DL.

http://i.imgur.com/C87VxI9.png

http://i.imgur.com/42r022S.png

Couldn't resist posting some glamour shots!

Hey, Orionkermin. Do you think it would be possible to add texture replacer's reflection module to the Corvus windows?

Nice, I like the red re-texture.

It's a possibility. I'm not sure what it requires me to do, but it's definitely something I could look into.

I'm not sure what it requires me to do

The texture replacer thread has a some instructions. Its pretty much just adding a module to the cfg. I had a little play around with it.

cnlGH26.pngbmO7eX0.png

The Corvus sure does look good with shiny windows!

At the moment I have just applied the reflection module to the whole capsule (I had to whap the alpha way up on the windows). However I feel it should be just applied to the window mesh... and I don't know how to do that.

Also something I noticed. The window mesh seems a little funky, see how valentina's visor reflects the launchpad. The corvus just gets funny zaggles on its windows instead. It might be becasue I Applied it to the whole capsule though.

The module has a downside of messing with the window lights too though...

Edited by Omega482

Nice work with the Corvus windows Omega482 !!!

Thanks!

I had a poke about in the corvus .mu to look at the meshes. As far as I can tell there isn't a seperate mesh for the window textures so I guess this is as good as I can get it.

If window reflections were to be implemented fully by Orionkermin he would have to add in a new mesh with the window texture and then add the reflection module using that mesh. It would still mess with the cabin lights, I think. (Ven's stock revamp has made it so he can use window lights and window reflections, I think he has two differet meshes for the windows though...)

and what about reflections in the corvus OAS in the foil like the solar panels of WindowShine? :P

and Omega482 are you using ven's stock revamp for the pictures?

I tried making the foil on the OAS shiny but I don't think it turned out that well (see gif)... I think that the reflections work best on flat looking textures.

Again, to best implement it the foil would need its own mesh. Plus, It would probably need a less crinkly texture.

BLL1O7W.gif

Also, Yup! I am using Ven's stock revamp in my earlier post.