[1.0.2]Corvus -Size 1, two Kerbal command pod(Version 1.1.1)

Orionkermin

1 hour ago, micha said:

Sorry, been pretty busy IRL. A bit unsure about integrating the CorvusExtras into Corvus itself as for most people they won't actually be useful. One is an adapter to the non-standard 1.875m size, the other just a reskinned tank. Might make more sense to add them to HGR? I see now why these parts were released separately. What do people think?

So do the same thing.  There are other 1.875m mods, it's turned in to an unofficial standard intermediate size.  Not everyone who is using this would want to install HGR

1 minute ago, micha said:

A part-mod pretty much consisting of a single part?

I have the K2 Command Pod, which is also only a single part

But, I think that including those two or three extra parts in this won't be too much of a problem, people can jsut ignore it, or use fairings, etc

3 hours ago, micha said:

Sorry, been pretty busy IRL. A bit unsure about integrating the CorvusExtras into Corvus itself as for most people they won't actually be useful. One is an adapter to the non-standard 1.875m size, the other just a reskinned tank. Might make more sense to add them to HGR? I see now why these parts were released separately. What do people think?

I agree with @linuxgurugamer, 1.875m is not such an uncommon size and there are often threads popping up asking for more parts in this diameter.

Just a few days ago I adjusted Porkjet's PartOverhauls (CKAN: Porkjets PartOverhauls - SETIconfig) to provide a basic set of 1.875m parts, instead of duplicate LV-T45&/LV-T30/LV-909/fuel tanks for 1.25m. Which makes it useful with VenStockRevamp installed as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, v1.3.1 is up, which has the Extras integrated as well as most of Deimos Rast's tweaks and fixes. For changes supporting other mods I've kept the MM patches, the rest are integrated into the part configurations.

As per someone else's suggestion, I've also created a new release thread for the mod.

• 2 months later...

Wonderful mod. I specially liked how:

1. It really looks stockalike. Thats not easy. Some mods botch it by making their parts look too crisp and shinny,  contrasting too much with other parts.

2. The IVA lets you actually see straight from the window in IVA. Some other capsules dont (i'm looking at you,  near future spacecraft size 2.5 two-seater!).

3. The included parts complement each other so well.

I see this mod favourably even when compared to another 5 star mod like "tantares" ( @Beale are you reading this?). You really should consider doing some other stuff... maybe tackle Apollo parts? This could evolve  to an anti-tantares mod, with american parts - it looks so promissing as it is! By anti-tantares I mean, something as good, but from the "other side of the hill". 

Edited by Daniel Prates

1 hour ago, Daniel Prates said:

Wonderful mod. I specially liked how:

1. It really looks stockalike. Thats not easy. Some mods botch it by making their parts look too crisp and shinny,  contrasting too much with other parts.

2. The IVA lets you actually see straight from the window in IVA. Some other capsules dont (i'm looking at you,  near future spacecraft size 2.5 two-seater!).

3. The included parts complement each other so well.

I see this mod favourably even when compared to another 5 star mod like "tantares" ( @Beale are you reading this?). You really should consider doing some other stuff... maybe tackle Apollo parts? This could evolve  to an anti-tantares mod, with american parts - it looks so promissing as it is! By anti-tantares I mean, something as good, but from the "other side of the hill". 

*cough*

On 01/10/2017 at 1:01 AM, scottadges said:

Also, doesn't look like there's much activity lately on this thread, so just wondering if it's still supported by someone?

Hmm, 2 posts earlier I wrote this:

"As per someone else's suggestion, I've also created a new release thread for the mod. "

So supported, yes, much activity, no. (I'm not a graphic designer, I can support the configuration, but not the models, especially since I don't have access to the original data files).

• 5 months later...

I've used Corvus for several years now.  When I noted that KSP 1.4.1 added a "Gemini", I thought that I would no longer need Corvus.  Due to the size of the stock Gemini, and it's odd diameter, I'm sticking with Corvus.  Thanks for updating this.

Thanks @Apollo13.  Sure, the DLC adds a "Gemini", but for all the people who haven't (yet) got the DLC, I just released v1.3.2,.  It has some minor tweaks from v1.3.1, but most importantly I've updated the metadata to mark it as compatible with KSP 1.4.x.

Please see the release thread for details.

Edited by micha
Changed link to the first post, instead of the thread itself.

I am seeing a Module Manager error reported in Corvus_Snacks.cfg

[ERR 22:54:40.739] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: Corvus/MM_Patches/Corvus_Snacks/@PART[Corvus_Exterior]:AFTER[Snacks]:NEEDS[Snacks]:FOR[Corvus]

It may be something very obvious, but I need to sleep.

16 hours ago, Wolf Baginski said:

I am seeing a Module Manager error reported in Corvus_Snacks.cfg

[ERR 22:54:40.739] [ModuleManager] Error - more than one pass specifier on a node: Corvus/MM_Patches/Corvus_Snacks/@PART[Corvus_Exterior]:AFTER[Snacks]:NEEDS[Snacks]:FOR[Corvus]

It may be something very obvious, but I need to sleep.

I tried various edits, but those that removed the error broke the patch. Finally I removed the ":FOR[Corvus]" and that stopped the error-message and and stored the correct number of Snacks.

Checking the other Module Manager patches, this is the only one which uses ":FOR[Corvus]", but the others have a ":NEEDS[Corvus&AnotherMod]" term. I can see something else breaking later.

Hi @Wolf Baginski,

I've never seen this error before (and I just double-checked using the latest MM (3.0.6), KSP (1.4.1), and Corvus (1.3.2).

Thanks for the report, but without version numbers, platforms, and/or full logs I'm not even sure how to start looking into this. Sorry.

Edited by micha

12 hours ago, micha said:

Hi @Wolf Baginski,

I've never seen this error before (and I just double-checked using the latest MM (3.0.6), KSP (1.4.1), and Corvus (1.3.2).

Thanks for the report, but without version numbers, platforms, and/or full logs I'm not even sure how to start looking into this. Sorry.

Thanks for that info, it eliminated a lot of possibilities. 

• 1 month later...

Im seeing an issue... I cant get the corvus nose cone to launch. Any time i use it on any rocket i get bending within 300m. Remove the nose ane replace it with a parachute and suddenly no problem. So whats my problem?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 10:18 PM, argentrolf said:

Im seeing an issue... I cant get the corvus nose cone to launch. Any time i use it on any rocket i get bending within 300m. Remove the nose ane replace it with a parachute and suddenly no problem. So whats my problem?

Possibly you're using OrionKermin's version which hasn't been updated for KSP1.3, let alone KSP1.4.

Try the builds from here (just tested in a new game, and it launched perfectly fine in KSP1.4.3) :

• 2 months later...
On 6/10/2018 at 6:10 AM, micha said:

Possibly you're using OrionKermin's version which hasn't been updated for KSP1.3, let alone KSP1.4.

Try the builds from here (just tested in a new game, and it launched perfectly fine in KSP1.4.3) :

Does CKAN have the "correct" version there when you download it via CKAN?

Edited by JoE Smash

On 8/11/2018 at 5:35 AM, JoE Smash said:

Does CKAN have the "correct" version there when you download it via CKAN?

v1.3.2 is the current release for KSP1.4.x

EDIT: And yes, this is what I get when I download via CKAN.

Edited by micha

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, is it me, or is this essentially unsupported at this time?

@Orionkermin doesn't seem to have been around in over a year

@micha Are you doing the support for this now?

If so, there is a problem with the DRE patch, it's generating a MM error,  you need to remove the FOR from the patches

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hmmm, is it me, or is this essentially unsupported at this time?

Nope..

@Orionkermin doesn't seem to have been around in over a year

True..

@micha Are you doing the support for this now?

Yep, originally just as a set of MM patches, but after @Orionkermin graciously changed the license on his mods it's now the full mod.

If so, there is a problem with the DRE patch, it's generating a MM error,  you need to remove the FOR from the patches

Ah.. someone else just reported a problem with the DRE patch, but I haven't had time to look yet (Mum's been visiting) and there weren't any details.  Thanks for the additional info; feel free to push a patch to my repo otherwise I'll fix it sometime this week once I've caught up at work.

And as @JH4C mentioned (thanks!) there's an up-to-date thread for this mod.