[1.0.2]Corvus -Size 1, two Kerbal command pod(Version 1.1.1)

Orionkermin

On 10/12/2016 at 6:10 AM, micha said:

While we can't modify and redistribute this mod due to licensing, we -can- collate patches for it.

I've just hacked the config files to stop the pod sinking (still need to raise it out of the water a bit more), but there's tons of other minor issues (missing tags, parts in the wrong categories, aero seems somewhat wonky, etc etc). Would be good to have an "official" unofficial patch for this mod.  Personally I've tended to use the K2 pod, but recently had cause to use this to test something and it's pretty neat. Shame it's apparently been abandoned.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I'm sure the assets fall under the license (and I think that's fair), but do his config files? Thanks for the patches!

Edited by ev0

The config files themselves are fair game for updating and distributing (with the possible exception of the descriptive flavor text).  There's a couple of abandoned mods that I would love to take over and redistribute, but the owner dropped off the face of the planet, so I'm limited to just providing replacement config files.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2016 at 1:40 PM, RoboRay said:

The config files themselves are fair game for updating and distributing (with the possible exception of the descriptive flavor text).  There's a couple of abandoned mods that I would love to take over and redistribute, but the owner dropped off the face of the planet, so I'm limited to just providing replacement config files.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. This mod is All Rights Reserved. That extends to the configs, unless stipulated otherwise. A moderator can correct me if I'm wrong.

You might be thinking of Module Manager patches, which are easy enough to do in this case.

Seeing as the original downloads still work, I could make up some patches for this and the extras. I had some a while back, but it shouldn't take long to make a new batch.

18 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. This mod is All Rights Reserved. That extends to the configs, unless stipulated otherwise. A moderator can correct me if I'm wrong.

You might be thinking of Module Manager patches, which are easy enough to do in this case.

Seeing as the original downloads still work, I could make up some patches for this and the extras. I had some a while back, but it shouldn't take long to make a new batch.

As mentioned earlier, I started a repository for community-fixes for the Corvus pod:

https://github.com/mwerle/Corvus_CF

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. This mod is All Rights Reserved. That extends to the configs, unless stipulated otherwise.

The game parameters in the part config files are owned by Squad, unless they are parameters for a custom dll that the mod adds to the game.  Flavor text in the part config files are created by the mod maker and would be protected.

A part config file can be scrubbed of flavor text that would be protected by copyright.  Part parameters can be duplicated and redistributed (otherwise, there could only be one mod with a battery holding exactly 125 units of charge, for instance, with any other mods having a battery of the same capacity "infringing" on that mod).

But anyway, yes, Module Manager patches are a better way to handle it.

Edited by RoboRay

On 11/12/2016 at 0:37 PM, micha said:

As mentioned earlier, I started a repository for community-fixes for the Corvus pod:

https://github.com/mwerle/Corvus_CF

Now you tell me.:mad:

'Cuz I redid the entire thing and then some (redoing the patches and added in some new ones). I tested everything, and it works fine (parachute took a while to sort).

Anyway, it's here.

https://github.com/deimos790/Corvus_Continued

Looking over your changes: I have all of your changes, except the buoyancy offsets (I did change buoyancy though, just not displacement and such).

What do you want to do? Do you want me to add your offset change to mine and use mine, or use fold my changes into your repo? Either is fine with me.:)

Cheers.

EDIT: Well, I updated my repo with your change, and cleaned a few things up.

Edited by Deimos Rast

On 12/11/2016 at 9:41 PM, Deimos Rast said:

Now you tell me.:mad:

'Cuz I redid the entire thing and then some (redoing the patches and added in some new ones). I tested everything, and it works fine (parachute took a while to sort).

Anyway, it's here.

https://github.com/deimos790/Corvus_Continued

Looking over your changes: I have all of your changes, except the buoyancy offsets (I did change buoyancy though, just not displacement and such).

What do you want to do? Do you want me to add your offset change to mine and use mine, or use fold my changes into your repo? Either is fine with me.:)

Cheers.

EDIT: Well, I updated my repo with your change, and cleaned a few things up.

Well, I -did- post on the previous page; not my fault if you only read the last page of the thread :wink:

Don't care which repo becomes the "official" one although best to join their histories in some way and then fork.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can take a look at making the fork, but I also don't mind if someone else wants to run with it..

EDIT: And here we go:

https://github.com/mwerle/Corvus_CF/releases/tag/v1.2.0

EDIT2: And here (should go automatically to CKAN):

https://spacedock.info/mod/1405/Corvus CF

Edited by micha
Add link to release

2 hours ago, micha said:

I can take a look at making the fork, but I also don't mind if someone else wants to run with it..

EDIT: And here we go:

https://github.com/mwerle/Corvus_CF/releases/tag/v1.2.0

EDIT2: And here (should go automatically to CKAN):

https://spacedock.info/mod/1405/Corvus CF

Is this including the changes that @Deimos Rast made?

also, are you still using patches? 

If you are, would you like me to merge them into straight cfg files, to avoid the issue of one patch depending on another, and ordering of patches ,etc.?

Oh, and congratulations on the release

CKAN needs help on this, I'm fix ing it

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is this including the changes that @Deimos Rast made?

also, are you still using patches? 

If you are, would you like me to merge them into straight cfg files, to avoid the issue of one patch depending on another, and ordering of patches ,etc.?

Oh, and congratulations on the release

1. No, so far just using the patches I had made; didn't realise @Deimos Rast had further fixes (his reply seemed to indicate he had pretty much duplicated the work I had done separately).  I'll review and integrate his changes as well.

2. No; I integrated my patches directly into the config files.

So next release will be DR's patches integrated as well as localisation support. Possibly tomorrow - time for bed! (Well, that was a distraction from my next NEOS release...)

Oh, and Thanks :) 

CKAN is failing due to a syntax error in the .version file:

"VERSION": {
        "MAJOR": 1,
        "MINOR": 2,
        "PATCH": 0
        "BUILD": 0,
    }
}

Missing a comma after the PATCH line.

Ping me when you have it updated on Spacedock, I'll redo the CKAN 

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Missing a comma after the PATCH line.

Ping me when you have it updated on Spacedock, I'll redo the CKAN 

Darnit! I did look at the file, but it was late...

Ok, pushed the fix + localisation support.

NB: This break backwards-compatiblity support with KSP1.2.  If people want a fixed KSP1.2 release I can quickly make v1.2.1...

I haven't merged in @Deimos Rast 's changes yet - Deimos, do you want to send me a pull request (that way you'll be credited in the git history), or are you ok for me to merge in your changes and credit you in the changelog?

26 minutes ago, micha said:

Awesome, Thanks!  I had tried going through some of the popular download sites (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive...)

Don't forget to update the version info when you release the merged files.

4 hours ago, Orionkermin said:

I'll have to take a look through my old hard drive to see if I still have the extras. I'll get back to you when I find out.

Thanks, but @linuxgurugamer already found a download link which worked.  I'm currently trying to decide whether or not to integrate the extra parts into the "Corvus CF" mod. A bit undecided because the adapter is for your custom 1.875m size, so perhaps it would be better to add them into your HGR mod (assuming someone takes it over.. I guess I could if nobody else steps up).

Btw, your Corvus pod is still very popular - over 200 downloads in less than a week!

Also, I noticed that the parts variably have "Orion" and "Orionkermin" as author. I haven't changed them but would you prefer them to be unified as one or the other?

1 hour ago, micha said:

Thanks, but @linuxgurugamer already found a download link which worked.  I'm currently trying to decide whether or not to integrate the extra parts into the "Corvus CF" mod. A bit undecided because the adapter is for your custom 1.875m size, so perhaps it would be better to add them into your HGR mod (assuming someone takes it over.. I guess I could if nobody else steps up).

Btw, your Corvus pod is still very popular - over 200 downloads in less than a week!

Also, I noticed that the parts variably have "Orion" and "Orionkermin" as author. I haven't changed them but would you prefer them to be unified as one or the other?

The HGR mod is being taken over by @Kerbas_ad_astra

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

this looks like a cool mod to try, just saw a review on it over on youtube.

It may be worth either branching this off to a new thread if your fully taking the mod over or given control over this thread so the thread info and first page links match the latest version of the mod.  You will likely loose a lot of potential subscribers if people only see the old version in that first posting, and only new users who saw a review someone would download it, such as the one just released on youtube by KattabosGames (from what I found so far he does the absolute best ksp mod reviews, so many are likely going to check this out)

I haven't tried this back when it was current so I have no idea what is in the "extras' as a whole.   Maybe a better purpose for the "extras" would be the Titam II themed tank (unless you add parts to build a full Titan II style rocket then those parts could be integrated to the Corvus pack) and parts like that adapter to have a clean transition between from the Corvus skin theme to other parts from vanilla or mods. (it would have a better appearance on the launch pad or in space if the adapter matched the capsule before transitioning to other parts, giving the vessel the appearance it was made for the other sized parts

On 6/13/2017 at 2:03 PM, micha said:

HGR is released, are you going to re-release these additional parts?

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

HGR is released, are you going to re-release these additional parts?

Sorry, been pretty busy IRL. A bit unsure about integrating the CorvusExtras into Corvus itself as for most people they won't actually be useful. One is an adapter to the non-standard 1.875m size, the other just a reskinned tank. Might make more sense to add them to HGR? I see now why these parts were released separately. What do people think?