[1.8+] Custom Barn Kit 1.1.20 (19 October 2019) - Parachute Included

sarbian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sarbian, once you get going on updating this may I request something: the ability to set the ranges of the Deep Space Networks. Right now it's impossible to properly make antenna's reach planets that are far away (like with my OPM's outer planets). I can increase the range of antennas themselves, but that messes up their balance when playing around near Jool/Eeloo's orbit as the stock DSN ranges were designed for that.

Has anyone tried just recompiling this for 1.2? Or is there broken functionality?

EDIT: Just downloaded the source and it compiled fine. Now to test it...

EDIT 2: No dice. It fails in loading. Something about reflection. Beyond my ability to debug at this point.

Edited by Booots

EDIT 3: So, my bad. I had it set to the wrong .NET framework when I compiled it. It works now!

@sarbian, if you're cool with it, I'm posting a temporary download link to the updated DLL. Just let me know if that's uncool and I'll take it down immediately. No changes have been made, only recompiled with 1.2.1 references.

Have fun, @razark! https://www.dropbox.com/s/5js4flbe40wiyi8/CustomBarnKit.dll?dl=0

Hey @sarbian,

First of all, thanks for your work - I really appreciate it.

While I was messing around with your CBK, I realized that the deault.cfg overwrites the in-game settings. To explain: The flag to allow Action Groups always has no effect after CBK is installed. I guess this is because of the loading sequence of KSP. Since there is an easy workaround to this (just fix it in the CBK itself) this is something really not important to fix - but I thought I mention it to you.

I know, mod users can sometimes be a pain, but again: You are awesome! :cool:

I tried installing CBK/Strategia into my existing 1.2.1 game. Worked but after exiting and coming back into the game, the save listing in the resume game screen is blank. Started a new career game, ran a few launches, quit. Restart KSP and still blank load screen.

Does the default configuration change the science value of experiments, i guess im just not sure exactly whats going on with this mod. seemed like i was getting base science for experiments done over minmus. 

Edit: i guess it wouldn't be the default configurations since it was installed with outer planets mod. 

Edited by Leafbaron

On 11/30/2016 at 0:21 AM, Leafbaron said:

Does the default configuration change the science value of experiments, i guess im just not sure exactly whats going on with this mod. seemed like i was getting base science for experiments done over minmus. 

Edit: i guess it wouldn't be the default configurations since it was installed with outer planets mod. 

By default the mod comes with a cfg that mimics the base game. Several mods do check for Custom Barn Kit and apply changes if it is detected.

Woot!!

I just found this, I've been so frustrated building planes early in the career with FAR, the stock limit for the level one SPH of 30 parts is ridiculous, now I can finally change it instead of cheating me some money and upgrading the SPH early.

Thank you @sarbian for all your awesome contributions to the community!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your work providing KSP with great mods, @sarbian.

I have a request.  Would it be possible to add a flag to link upgrades of the pairs VAB / SPH and Launchpad / Runway ?  The flag would default to false for stock behaviour.  If changed to true by an MM config, then when the VAB is upgraded, so is the SPH at no additional cost, and similarly upgrading the SPH would automatically upgrade the VAB.  And the pair Launchpad / Runway would act the same, upgrading one would upgrade the other at no added cost.

The reason is for use in a new career mod.  As it stands now, a player might be tempted to say just upgrade the SPH and Runway facilities, then build all rockets in the SPH and launch off the Runway.  Or alternately just upgrade the VAB and Launchpad and build and launch aircraft on the Launchpad and taxi to the runway for takeoff.

• 5 weeks later...

This mod doesn't seem to respect the "ActionGroupsAlways = True" difficulty setting (action groups are always available). Could you add that, if it's not too much work? It's not a big issue by any means but it makes the first few flights with RealChute irritating.

I just started using this so no other feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, could someone who is proficient in the use of this mod tell me what "dataToScienceRatio" does? :) I've done a search across the full Squad classes/API documentation and it doesn't show up there, so it might be something that's unique to this mod?

On 2/11/2017 at 4:25 PM, Streetwind said:

Hey all, could someone who is proficient in the use of this mod tell me what "dataToScienceRatio" does? :) I've done a search across the full Squad classes/API documentation and it doesn't show up there, so it might be something that's unique to this mod?

My best guess would be an adjustment to how many Mits (data) == science points

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

My best guess would be an adjustment to how many Mits (data) == science points

In what context, though? Transmission of science via antennas? Recovery of science at home? Processing of science in mobile processing labs? If it's the former two, does upgrading the facility let you repeat the experiment for additional science? How does CommNet transmission boost interact with it? See, there's just so many things that it could mean :wink: Which is why I'm confused.

Extra confusing: the default config has this value reduced for the first two levels of the R&D facility. The default config also claims to be an exact reproduction of stock settings. But stock does not feature the level of the R&D facility having any effect whatsoever on the things I mentioned in the first paragraph. So maybe it means something else entirely, which has nothing to do with science transmission or processing?

I'm not sure if I should leave it as it is in the default config, and have an unknown value do an unknown thing based on the level of one of my buildings, or if I should set it to 1.0 for all levels to remove it from the equation while possibly affecting career gameplay in a negative way...

Edited by Streetwind

3 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Extra confusing: the default config has this value reduced for the first two levels of the R&D facility.

All CBK does is overriding stock method. If a setting is in here it means that the stock game has it. And the default value are what the game actually use (I would concede that I did not check them for 1.2 but AFAIK nothing changed).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.