[WIP] [1.05] THERMONUCLEAR TURBINES! 1.0 Nuclear Aircraft Engines

Eskandare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2015 at 3:08 AM, MisterFister said:

Is this mod on CKAN?

I plan to CKAN it once I'm done with 1.0

On 12/30/2015 at 6:07 AM, Proteus said:

any one knows how to fix the exhaust effects disappearing in space in 1.0.5 version?

It's a bug with how 1.05 handles the exhaust, it will be fixed with 1.0.

On 2/4/2016 at 10:53 AM, Eskandare said:

I plan to CKAN it once I'm done with 1.0

It's a bug with how 1.05 handles the exhaust, it will be fixed with 1.0.

i decided to add my own real plume cfg to these engines and the exhaust effects appeared again :cool:

On 2/7/2016 at 6:58 AM, Proteus said:

i decided to add my own real plume cfg to these engines and the exhaust effects appeared again :cool:

I'd love to see pictures. If perhaps you could aid me with creating new exhaust FX I'll certainly give credit where credit is deserved. :D

On 2/11/2016 at 9:49 AM, Eskandare said:

I'd love to see pictures. If perhaps you could aid me with creating new exhaust FX I'll certainly give credit where credit is deserved. :D

i will be happy to help you,but im not a "professional" in this subject,i just followed the manual than tweak my own stuff.

i can send you my cfg folder that i made,if it's relevant to you,pm me i'll help you with what i can buddy.

and btw here's a pictures of the engines,the red ones are engines from your mod,but the blue ones are from different mod :rolleyes:

if you want i can take closer pictures.

2dhxqgy.png

6ypa3s.png

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

i will be happy to help you,but im not a "professional" in this subject,i just followed the manual than tweak my own stuff.

i can send you my cfg folder that i made,if it's relevant to you,pm me i'll help you with what i can buddy.

and btw here's a pictures of the engines,the red ones are engines from your mod,but the blue ones are from different mod :rolleyes:

if you want i can take closer pictures.

2dhxqgy.png

6ypa3s.png

Wow that looks great! I'm not a professional either (modeling/game graphics) I only picked up modeling about a year ago. I've been working on a new engine FX, any suggestions?

For those who are into Bahamutod's mod, I'm building new ship hulls. It's a little something I've been working on for a while, now with proper buoyancy we can have proper ships. : D

7 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

Wow that looks great! I'm not a professional either (modeling/game graphics) I only picked up modeling about a year ago. I've been working on a new engine FX, any suggestions?

For those who are into Bahamutod's mod, I'm building new ship hulls. It's a little something I've been working on for a while, now with proper buoyancy we can have proper ships. : D

maybe you should ask in hotrocket thread

On 2/13/2016 at 9:41 AM, MatterBeam said:

Hi. I find this mod, as far as it's come, very interesting. Would you mind if I eventually added them to SimpleNuclear (link in sig)?

I'd prefer to keep it in my development. Although you are more then welcome to add a link to your thread. 

In recent development.

TRY THIS TIN BIRD ON FOR SIZE!

mX5jyTj.png

Edited by Eskandare

On 2/13/2016 at 6:37 AM, Proteus said:

maybe you should ask in hotrocket thread

Proteus, how did you get the FX to display? For some reason I am still having trouble with nuclear rocket mode. I made new exhaust FX, it looks nice so far.

Edit: Never mind, I figured what went wrong.

Edited by Eskandare

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I put this on the back burner for the moment. It hasn't been forgotten, I'm waiting for 1.1 to be released and I'm redesigning the setup, again. I'm currently finishing Thermonuclear Turbines and planning out a ship mod

Hey, I saw this over in your "[WIP] The Cities of Kerbin (Hex Blocks)" thread and I was totally stoked to hear that you are finishing Thermonuclear Turbines.  Are you planning to release Thermonuclear Turbines 1.0 before KSP 1.1?  Would love to test it out either way ( got a Steam copy just for the pre-release ).

Love this mod and I used to use this mod all the time until 1.05, then I was waiting for your update because your WIP pics looked so good.

Thanks for making this.

Sean

Nice of you to keep the only possibly good turboprops away from the public.

icDAk.gif

Oh, and making people who want this for 1.0.5 being forced to wait for 1.1, which, let's be honest, won't be coming out until early May at best.

Edited by Shinji-The-Kerbonaut

On 3/28/2016 at 2:36 PM, smurphy34 said:

Hey, I saw this over in your "[WIP] The Cities of Kerbin (Hex Blocks)" thread and I was totally stoked to hear that you are finishing Thermonuclear Turbines.  Are you planning to release Thermonuclear Turbines 1.0 before KSP 1.1?  Would love to test it out either way ( got a Steam copy just for the pre-release ).

Love this mod and I used to use this mod all the time until 1.05, then I was waiting for your update because your WIP pics looked so good.

Thanks for making this.

Sean

I just have to make changes to the configs, hopefully. There was a couple of changes in 1.1 that may effect the release.

1. Bad news, KM_gimbal will not be updated. Fortunately axial gimbal control is now stock, I just need to see about implementing it.  

2. The Hot Rockets Style exhaust FX used to require SmokeScreen. I'm not sure if it is required anymore but there is a possibility that the FX won't display without it. Module Manager and Firespitter have been updated. Edit: SmokeScreen got an update.

3. I have to change the hierarchy of the engine heating FX and the animation. Fortunately legacy animation is still supported at least seen for emissives but not sure for transform. 

12 hours ago, Shinji-The-Kerbonaut said:

Nice of you to keep the only possibly good turboprops away from the public.

Oh, and making people who want this for 1.0.5 being forced to wait for 1.1, which, let's be honest, won't be coming out until early May at best.

See above, and don't be a ****. Seriously I have limited time to work on things since I, you know, have a real job too. If you feel like paying me $100,000 a year, I'd be more then happy to devote all my time into making mods for KSP. 

Edited by Eskandare

On 4/5/2016 at 11:25 PM, Eskandare said:

See above, and don't be a ****. Seriously I have limited time to work on things since I, you know, have a real job too. If you feel like paying me $100,000 a year, I'd be more then happy to devote all my time into making mods for KSP. 

Hmm. Should i wait for this mod to be done, or get impatient and complain as well? Decisions decisions! :P As long as it eventually gets released, I shall be happy. I have waited this long and I will wait even more because this is an essential mod for spaceplanes in my opinion. Keep up the amazing work on this mod!

2 hours ago, Minecraf345 said:

Hmm. Should i wait for this mod to be done, or get impatient and complain as well? Decisions decisions! :P As long as it eventually gets released, I shall be happy. I have waited this long and I will wait even more because this is an essential mod for spaceplanes in my opinion. Keep up the amazing work on this mod!

The more I hear whining the slower I will take at resolvong Unity/KSP issuses. I don't have to answer to anyone. Just like B9 and any other mod that attitude doesn't make it get compleated and released any quicker.

18 hours ago, Eskandare said:

The more I hear whining the slower I will take at resolvong Unity/KSP issuses. I don't have to answer to anyone. Just like B9 and any other mod that attitude doesn't make it get compleated and released any quicker.

I had it ground into me that whining and complaining doesn't speed things up by my parents! If I want to complain, i just complain in my head and that urge just disappears! Apparently some people haven't learned that lesson yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.