So I'm a writer

Idrryl

Hello Space Lounge, it's my first visit here.

I'm in High school. I am also a writer, I've written two books in my native language which are awaiting grammar checks. Translated to English their titles would be: 'About the people of Et-Estir' and 'War on the horizon.' They belong in the history-fantasy genre (not Game of Thrones clones, mind you) and talk about the beginning of civilization, the bronze and iron age coupled with some magic here and there. I'm currently in the process of writing a book in English called 'Just another love story' which tells my life story more or less. I'm also super interested in physics and chemistry and am planning to become a physicist or chemist. So yeah, I'm a bowl of mixed fruit :D

If anyone's interested, I could perhaps start translating my books to English so you folks could read it some day. :)

Edited by Vanamonde

It's Croatian.

Interesting! I made a really detailed map of Croatia for a school project once! :D

I... suppose I'll refrain from further questions and just see for myself what the writing is like when I get to read it. :)

Interesting! I made a really detailed map of Croatia for a school project once! :D

I... suppose I'll refrain from further questions and just see for myself what the writing is like when I get to read it. :)

Really? That's... odd. I never thought anyone would make a map of my nation :D

Oh, please, if you have any questions just ask, it'll be a while before they are translated.

Alright then. :)

You mention magic (which I am a big fan of... you ever read Eragon?) How much magic are we talking about, and how does it work?

Unless, of course, that is some kind of major plot thing that shoul be discovered...

Anyone who is able to sit down and complete an actual book, gets my respect, no matter the quality of the content. So + respect to you.

Have you tried to send them to some publishers and see if it can get published and you make some side income? Or maybe you can self publish as ebooks?

Anyone who is able to sit down and complete an actual book, gets my respect, no matter the quality of the content. So + respect to you.

I agree completely. I've been working on a book of sorts over a few years, and know what it takes.

If you need any advice on your writing, I'm more than willing to help.

Much respect, sir. I wrote a book a long time ago in my first year of college, but have since lost that flash drive that held it :( I always regret not being able to find it...

I wish you luck with your stories! :)

Have you tried to send them to some publishers and see if it can get published and you make some side income? Or maybe you can self publish as ebooks?

I have, but as I said: they aren't checked and edited to be viable for publishing, yet (although my editor/reviewer just contacted me and said the first book is finished). Another problem is that my books are in Croatian for now, and the ebook market over here isn't as profitable or widespread as in the USA. But I hope the first one will get published by the end of the year. :)

Alright then. :)

You mention magic (which I am a big fan of... you ever read Eragon?) How much magic are we talking about, and how does it work?

Unless, of course, that is some kind of major plot thing that shoul be discovered...

I've never read it, though I might in the near future (as soon as I finish Metro 2033 and Hyperion). Well, in the world of Ellon, magic is a well kept secret and is achieved through a certain medium [plot point]. So that means only a few people (and I really mean few) know it even exists. But that's in 'War on the horizon' which is a sequel to the first book.

- - - Updated - - -

Much respect, sir. I wrote a book a long time ago in my first year of college, but have since lost that flash drive that held it :( I always regret not being able to find it...

I wish you luck with your stories! :)

Oh my, that's a bummer. Luckily, Google Drive exists today :D

Thank you. I've gotta say the amount of positive feedback I've gotten in these few hours are really something, you're a great bunch :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.