Craft keeps shaking itself apart - no active engines or SAS

qczeVdd.gif

I have this craft in LKO and I was adjusting its trajectory to try to capture an asteroid. I ran out of fuel in the previous stage so I decoupled it, but after a few seconds, the FL-T800 fuel tanks with aerospikes attached under the nosecones start vibrating for no reason and it soon shakes itself apart. Sometimes it explodes, sometimes it doesn't, but it always breaks apart.

I managed to quicksave, go back to the space centre, and delete the debris of the previous stage - I had turned down the force percentage of the decouplers which made the debris linger behind the craft for a long time if I didn't throttle up, and it might have been clipping into the ship and making it go weird. This isn't the cause of the jiggling because I deleted the debris and it's still happening. You can see that some of the fuel tanks still have some decouplers attached, that's because I decoupled them manually to see if decoupling them all at the same time was making this weird thing happen, and it isn't.

I have tried doing this with SAS turned on and off, I've tried throttling up for a few seconds to see if it straightens itself out, I've tried doing absolutely nothing. No matter what I do, this happens.

What is actually happening? I don't mind sending up a new craft that's been fixed since this didn't cost a lot at all but I'd like to know what the issue is before I send another one up.

I'm not using any mod parts in this ship - everything is stock, I only have things like KER and KAC installed.

It's very likely that the craft has NaN (not a number) entries in the save file, these can cause the issue you see here.

Try searching for NaN in the save and changing them all to a 1, back up the save first though.

It's very likely that the craft has NaN (not a number) entries in the save file, these can cause the issue you see here.

Try searching for NaN in the save and changing them all to a 1, back up the save first though.

There's no NaNs in the save file in the section of the craft, only for flags, which is how I think it's meant to be.

Maybe it is part clipping, can you upload your save with this craft still alive, so others can try it?

Do I just need to upload the .sfs file or do I need other files with it too to get it to work on other peoples' games?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.