Official FAR Craft Repository

KCS123 is right, if it is to hot go higher. I on the otherhand dont use big ugly tails. I go for a smaller streamlined look. But I still achieve very good stability at all speed ranges with my craft.

B5j0Apa.jpg

xxw6yAU.jpg

This craft has gone through a few revisions since this picture but it is still pretty much the same. The only big difference is the placement of the intakes.

But dont be afraid to think outside the box.....

I7BiouC.jpg

hbgI40a.jpg

This was done in 20min of messing around.

So with these plane equipped with SABRE. What is typically the maximum altitude/speed you go before switching to closed cycle mode ? Do you you level off flight at high altitude to gain a maximum of speed in breathing mode ? or do you always climb, and simply switch to slosed cycle when there is no air left ?

Alos , how do you know how much intake you need ?

Well, I created something compleatly different today. Wanted to build something for Level II runway, small, simple and stil capable to reach orbit.

okbTNPK.jpg

Always researching different aproach to solve some problem. Still, haven't idea how to name this craft :)

So with these plane equipped with SABRE. What is typically the maximum altitude/speed you go before switching to closed cycle mode ? Do you you level off flight at high altitude to gain a maximum of speed in breathing mode ? or do you always climb, and simply switch to slosed cycle when there is no air left ?

Alos , how do you know how much intake you need ?

I normally switch modes just below 30,000m. The jets are down to about 10kN each by then.

MHLBGJl.jpg

About 1.5 shock cone equivalents per engine (i.e. one shock cone plus a nacelle or a few structurals) normally does me for intakes.

Edited by Wanderfound

I normally switch modes just below 30,000m. The jets are down to about 10kN each by then.

About 1.5 shock cone equivalents per engine (i.e. one shock cone plus a nacelle or a few structurals) normally does me for intakes.

It amazes me that you manage to reach Mach4.5 before switching, if I stay at Mach3 at 22km for more than 30sec, my craft burns up :/

It amazes me that you manage to reach Mach4.5 before switching, if I stay at Mach3 at 22km for more than 30sec, my craft burns up :/

Kerbal Flight Data is very useful for this. Moderate climb when the yellow heat warnings appear, emergency climb if they go red. I normally climb to 13,000m, level off and accelerate until the heat warnings appear, then climb as steeply as necessary to avoid exploding from then on.

Get it right with a fast enough ship and you'll see better than 4.5:

tHz8k7Z.jpg

See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/90747-Kerbodyne-SSTO-Division-Omnibus-Thread?p=1931585&viewfull=1#post1931585 if you want to play with that one, BTW.

Edited by Wanderfound

Get it right with a fast enough ship and you'll see better than 4.5

Well that's a challenge if I ever saw one... dammit, now I can't sleep until I manage that :blush:

*edit* Thankfully it wasn't hard. But my intakes blew up at mach 4.6 and 17km so it was a short lived speed run :)

Edited by eddiew

Well that's a challenge if I ever saw one... dammit, now I can't sleep until I manage that :blush:

*edit* Thankfully it wasn't hard. But my intakes blew up at mach 4.6 and 17km so it was a short lived speed run :)

With Deadly Reentry installed, it's even trickier. I finally got a plane to not blow up at Mach 3, but I had to fly at 22km to do it.

Hello, does anyone have a SSTO mk2 size plane that can reenter without burning up ?? my craft here cannot reenter anyway I try ... I've tried very shallow reentries and more aggressive, but even with the very shallow one my carft burns up at 35km even before the flammes effect appear with just 3kPa of dyn pressure :/

The only way I managed to reenter this was by pointing it backwards ! Once it hit 40km it started stalling and doing flips, but it finally reentered without burning up ...

/

Easy. Airbrakes. If you're having a particularly hard time slowing it down, drogue 'chutes work too, but wait until the flames have at least abated a bit.

How do you manage to have Kerbal flight data working? Last version is for 1.0 and is not working for me.

Seems to be working fine for most people. Try reinstalling it and if that doesn't work post an output log in the Kerbal Flight Data thread.

Something different, but still balanced for FAR.

SETIctt KAX Heli V1.00 - craft files

Contains few variations of same craft. Meant to be used with SETIctt mod, DMagic orbital science, SCANsat and KAX.

There is empty variant that does not contain any scientific stuff inside service bay, allowing easier customization.

"KAX Heli" craft is tested and fly stable, while "KAX Heli 2" cause strange camera bug, described in SETIctt mod thread. To make this craft more functional, I altered KAX rotor configuration files, as described in KAX thread.

vjnJS36.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Hi

Can somebody explain the Far Debug option menu settings?

What about difficulties on Transonic drag settings and Voxel details settings ?

What about Atm composition, as I don't see nothing on Celestial body atmospheric properties when I select Kerbin or Eve or whatever....? Just see constant values for Gaz viscosity and Ref Temp for viscosity.....

What is important here to set properly?

Yes, from Wanderfound, Far Graph in SPH, but nothing about settings on the main page where are all the buildings.

Don't touch those. It was for debuging purposes only. Ferram already mentioned that he might compleatly hide out that setting from users in future releases.

Only thing of interest for you there is to assign action groups for raising/lowering flaps. Even those can be done later in SPH if you haven't checked it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.