Stable aircraft?

Here is my only stable craft, the centepede. It is pretty stable, will turn in wide circles, takeoff needs full power and quick pull-out after end of runway.

Watch the pitch, thats the only thing wrong with her.

trying it now. ill report what i think later

I present to fellow pilots the Titanium 2-M; a fast and incredibly stable aircraft suitable for all your flying needs!*

If you engage the SAS from launch to landing, this plane will stay at the correct attitude with minimal control input. It\'s really very nice to fly, even if it takes a little effort to get it airborne as it starts with quite a heavy fuel load. And by the way, the Mach numbers below have been calculated for the relevant altitudes as the speed of sound decreases the higher up you go.

Range: 700 km

Cruising speed: 540 m/s (Mach 2.5 )

Cruising altitude: 11,000 - 13,000 m

Maximum speed during level flight: 610 m/s at 14,000m (Mach 2.9 )

Maximum altitude (zoom climb): 19,435 m

Crashes: Not that many!

Other features: Contains parachutes which can be deployed to help slow down after landing. Can land safely on almost any non-mountainous terrain. Doesn\'t scare Kerbals! (Much)

JJvOy.jpg

XKzeq.jpg

J8Jvc.jpg

1njPw.jpg

Download link: http://filesmelt.com/dl/Titanium_2M.craft

* Note: may not actually be suitable for all flying needs.

Attention, I have just found out that the retractable wheels HAVE BRAKES, making chutes unnecessary. Press 'B' and hold to slow down.

Also, I love the Glider and glider lite, but it needs SAS to work well.

I also like the Mastodon, the spark air fighter, and the shrike, all tens out of ten.

I will keep testing, so keep em coming!

Give this one a whirl. It\'s been my aerodynamics testing 'control group' in which I tried to keep everything as simple as possible to eliminate any glitchiness. After playing with fuel loading and wing placement to mess with the CG I found it to be quite hard to lose control of unless you actively try to do so.

My only recommendation for ease of flying is to set some pitch up trim (ALT+S) before takeoff to account for it being nose-heavy at full load. As it drains its fuel tanks just trim it back toward neutral little by little to keep it flying level.

simplejet.jpg

Without SAS, these are the most stable, and certainly the most fuel efficient planes I\'ve seen! I took off from the runway using the miniglider at 100m/sec without a the engine. Swung around, landed back at the runway, and accelerated again.... right onto the grass... but that didn\'t matter, I got up to 150 m/sec on the grass! Nice ;D

this is the glider lite

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5149816/Glider%20%20lite.craft

and this is the glider

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5149816/Glider.craft

it takes a few seconds to get going, but once you get it swinging back and forth on the runway (or somewhere flat) they both gain speed quite fast. they cannot keep all of this speed in the air though (you can gain speed if you circle, but only a bit) which is why you have the engine.

EDIT: attached the .craft files as attachments

• 4 months later...

:cool:

My dual helicopter, and my quadcopter.

Probably most stable VTOL\'s in this game.

[spoil:cool:er]screenshot26n.png

screenshot24o.png

I would post the craft, but I cant because I will be ruling the skies in RP with my new aresenal I will publish soon.

where did you get those fan blades? they look cool :cool:

• 6 months later...

If you know me then you know I'm mode crazy!

Here is the Harrier in test fight with barrel roll near end of video.

screenshot167_zps04406653.png

The Faring on top has ISA in side.

As other have said .craft is Top Secret For the Full on PvP day. PM me and I'll release it to you after an Intense Background test and Drug screen... lol

I made a stable spaceplane using stock parts I call it the Falcon MK I

it needs some more tinkering to work better for interplanetary travel

Entering orbit

screenshot39m.png

2 Docked at the mun refueling station

screenshot49h.png

Equipped with an interplanetary atom engine attachment connected via docking port

screenshot73.png

On a collision course with laythe at 4600 m/s >< had just enough fuel with all engines running to stop it from hitting the moon at 100 meters above the ocean :)

screenshot86h.png

I then flew to one of the large land masses with a giant lake in the middle to land, she felt kinda floaty and much less stable with most of the fuel tanks on empty.

screenshot91w.png

Bill safely on laythe :0.0:

screenshot92t.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.