[1.0x] Bacon Labs - Stockalike Ariane & More - Version 1.3.2 - New Descriptions! [21-June]

_Augustus_

What to do for 1.5?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What to do for 1.5?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there i want to report a little problem:

version: 1.0.5 it was download from CKAN & kerbalstuff for duble check arhive

[ERR 10:13:09.046] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaFirstStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 10:13:09.110] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaSecondStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 10:13:09.148] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaThirdStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 10:13:09.301] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaFourthStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 10:13:09.736] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Paloma/FuelBottom/ameriflag' not found!

houpe it help & cya around

Hello there i want to report a little problem:

version: 1.0.5 it was download from CKAN & kerbalstuff for duble check arhive

[ERR 10:13:09.046] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaFirstStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 10:13:09.110] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaSecondStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 10:13:09.148] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaThirdStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 10:13:09.301] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaFourthStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 10:13:09.736] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Paloma/FuelBottom/ameriflag' not found!

houpe it help & cya around

To fix the Hestia emissive textures all that needs to be done is to change the names of the image files. Apparently at some point in the retexturing process I changed the name of the emissives that I sent to Augustus. The emissives currently included in the download are currently named "VegaFirstStageEmiss.dds", "VegaSecondStageEmiss.dds" and so on. You should be able to just change the file names to "VegaFirstStageEmissive.dds" and so on to get rid of the error messages. Augustus can correct them for future downloads.

As for the Paloma missing texture, it seems that Augustus may not have included it in the mod, or it had been removed by the original author I'm not sure. I imagine it was more of a decal anyway, so it's probably not much of an issue.

Hope that helps.

To fix the Hestia emissive textures all that needs to be done is to change the names of the image files. Apparently at some point in the retexturing process I changed the name of the emissives that I sent to Augustus. The emissives currently included in the download are currently named "VegaFirstStageEmiss.dds", "VegaSecondStageEmiss.dds" and so on. You should be able to just change the file names to "VegaFirstStageEmissive.dds" and so on to get rid of the error messages. Augustus can correct them for future downloads.

As for the Paloma missing texture, it seems that Augustus may not have included it in the mod, or it had been removed by the original author I'm not sure. I imagine it was more of a decal anyway, so it's probably not much of an issue.

Hope that helps.

yup rename all that file with correct name was fix problem, well thing like this it can hapen very easy aka set wrong name, important is error was correct & all will be happy thx & cya around

_Augustus_ it was supose to post here not in CKAN thread coz was a litle eror from Bacon Labs pack, but it not mater TheShadow1138 was undestend issue, enyway u will fix this in future pack :)

[*]Auriga BPC

• Icon suffers from zoom bug; unknown as to the cause of this... might be related to multiple solid-fuel motor modules.

I ran into this when I was making the Vega/Hestia. It occurred when I tried rotating the model (not the GameObject containing the model) in Unity so that it was oriented the way I wanted in KSP. This didn't affect the first three stages, but the fourth stags's icon was zoomed for some unknown reason. To fix it I just rotated the model in Maya and re-imported to Unity then exported back to KSP. The model was oriented correctly and the icon was behaving normally.

@shadowmage you could check the rotation of the model in Unity to see if it's anything other than 0,0,0. This is the only thing that I know has caused this issue for me, and apparently caused a problem for Beale, author of the Tantares mod.

Strangely, the bug in question shows up in my 0.90 dev/initial testing environment, but does not show up in my 1.02 carrer/playtesting install. It was the old 'infinite zoom' bug that would occur if you added a bunch of resources to a part with no other modules (where if you hovered your mouse over the part it would grow to fill up the screen/part panel).

So not quite sure of the cause in this case, or the inconsistency of it showing up. But... that is why I left it under the known issues. I need to test it all out on a clean 1.x install to see if it is still there; I don't particularly care/mind if it is bugged a bit in 0.90 as I only have that install still around for dev purposes (I don't think PartTools works with the 1.x stuff?).

That really is strange. I haven't run into that particular bug, so sorry I couldn't be of real help. As Kartoffelkuchen said, the PartTools work just fine with 1.0+ I did the Ariane/Juno V and VI as the Vega/Hestia development in 0.90 and in 1.0 and they are perfectly fine. I suspect, however, than when 1.1 (presumably the Unity 5 update) drops we'll get new PartTools, but that is pure speculation on my part.

Still no ICSP in the lastest download. The Auriga is included though.

I'm having some parachute issues with the launch escape system. I get a warning telling me "Parachute inside fairing" and it wont let me deploy them. I've tried with both stock parachutes and Real Chutes. I jettison the LES after abort-test and the chutes wont deploy. The docking port chutes that comes with the mod does not work. This might have to do something with either FAR, Safe Chute or Real Chute. I will delete those mods and try again.

Other than these minor issues, I absolutely love this mode so far! Great work

Still no ICSP in the lastest download. The Auriga is included though.

I'm having some parachute issues with the launch escape system. I get a warning telling me "Parachute inside fairing" and it wont let me deploy them. I've tried with both stock parachutes and Real Chutes. I jettison the LES after abort-test and the chutes wont deploy. The docking port chutes that comes with the mod does not work. This might have to do something with either FAR, Safe Chute or Real Chute. I will delete those mods and try again.

Other than these minor issues, I absolutely love this mode so far! Great work

It's probably FAR and Realchute, not supported yet. Edited by _Augustus_

ICPS should show up. Have you downloaded the latest version?

The model and textures appear to be in the latest download, but there is no config file for the ICPS that I can see, so it won't show up in the VAB.

Download 1.1.01, it has the config.

1.1.01 is the one we have downloaded. Unless you've updated 1.1.01 itself, it does not have the ICPS. Only the capsule, LES, SM and two adapters/decouplers are in that particular download (in addition to the previous parts of course).

There is however an "Assets" folder included in this version. It has a few .mu and .png files, but no configs for the ICPS. The "Auriga" folder only contains the BPC, CM, MSA, SCA and SM configs.

Pack Release 1.1.02 dl from KerbalStuff & CKAN for duble check files

[ERR 14:16:59.912] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaFirstStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 14:16:59.966] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaSecondStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 14:17:00.015] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaThirdStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 14:17:00.093] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaFourthStageEmissive' not found!

texture now are missing completely, if in previous pack they was there & was just a name error now they are gone, vanish, evaporate completely ;) thx i keep older version of pack i can fix my self but it will be good to be fix in original pack to :)

enyway nice work

my motto: clean pack > less error > faster load > easy to debug other problem & all will be happy

cya take care

Pack Release 1.1.02 dl from KerbalStuff & CKAN for duble check files

[ERR 14:16:59.912] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaFirstStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 14:16:59.966] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaSecondStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 14:17:00.015] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaThirdStageEmissive' not found!

[ERR 14:17:00.093] Texture 'BaconLabs/Parts/Hestia/VegaFourthStageEmissive' not found!

texture now are missing completely, if in previous pack they was there & was just a name error now they are gone, vanish, evaporate completely ;) thx i keep older version of pack i can fix my self but it will be good to be fix in original pack to :)

enyway nice work

my motto: clean pack > less error > faster load > easy to debug other problem & all will be happy

cya take care

I just checked the 1.1.02 download and the textures are there, their names just haven't been changed. They are still named "VegaFirstStageEmiss.dds" and so forth, just change the name of the files like before.

It's really not that bad once you just try it. Beale's tutorial alone got me as far as this in Wings3D:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I had zero 3D modeling/texturing experience prior to this besides a lot of 2D SolidWorks.

Go through his texture repo, and reverse engineer what he's done a bit to get started. It's hard to describe really, you just kinda have to look at all the layers, and how they go together to see the though process behind texturing. I'm pretty sure 75% - 90% of the people in the modding community are in school. Haven't met another aero/mech engineer at my school who isn't playing KSP. In the words of Shia LaBeouf, "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving uuuuppp... JUST. DOOOO ITTT." *awkward flexing*

It's really not that bad once you just try it. Beale's tutorial alone got me as far as this in Wings3D:

http://imgur.com/a/ZrMoU

I had zero 3D modeling/texturing experience prior to this besides a lot of 2D SolidWorks.

Go through his texture repo, and reverse engineer what he's done a bit to get started. It's hard to describe really, you just kinda have to look at all the layers, and how they go together to see the though process behind texturing. I'm pretty sure 75% - 90% of the people in the modding community are in school. Haven't met another aero/mech engineer at my school who isn't playing KSP. In the words of Shia LaBeouf, "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving uuuuppp... JUST. DOOOO ITTT." *awkward flexing*

Great, now I want to model something!

Cough cough CARV...