[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

After playing around for a while, I now would really love to see a J Edgar booster that can be side mounted and toggle between horizontal and vertical, maybe banshees too. I also am in love with the ACS blisters but kind of bummed they only come in the small variant unlike the normal verniers that come in medium and large, as they prove exceptionally useful for atmospheric vtols for fine adjustments.

Also, here's the craft that drove me to want some of these things:

fd72c8499a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is what i get when it tries to install on ckan

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk2Expansion 2:1.8.3.5: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA486.tmp has length 29581780, should be 29581777
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Trulight said:

This is what i get when it tries to install on ckan

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk2Expansion 2:1.8.3.5: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA486.tmp has length 29581780, should be 29581777
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

same here just installing 1.6.1 for the first time 

• 2 weeks later...

Kilo60 - The low profile aligned docking port is the flat one about the size and shape of a Mk2 drone core with a 1.25m docking port on one side - the 'aligned' aspect is instead of the docking ports connecting regardless of relative vessel Roll, the docking vessel is rotated until it has 0 roll relative to the vessel being docked to; basically it auto-aligns the two vessels

CyclonicTuna - M2X version, B9PS version? The latest version of M2X (1.8.3.5) fixed the B9 errors, at least as of the B9 Ps version bundled with it (it's entirely possible B9PS has changed something again).

@SuicidalInsanity

Any chance of a Linear Aerospike as a stand alone engine? (without the MK2 form)

Edit...

Taking a look at the T1 Toroidal vs the MK2 Linear Aerospike (TLA-200), the performance accounting for the difference in weight is within 1-2 % of each other. While the Linear Aerospike clearly has a much larger surface area (2-3 times) yet only showing a 78% gain in thrust.  Furthermore, both motors have the exact same ISP (ASL 290 / Vac 340) when ideally the Toroidal should be slightly more efficient than the Linear.  Currently it makes more sense to use a pair of T1’s instead of a single TLA-200. 

Would it be possible to increse thrust while reducing ISP for the Linear MK2? (360-400 thrust with 320-330 ISP)

Edited by Redacted

Yeah, I could take a second look at aerospike performance.

AnonymousEm: Are you running mods that replace stock parts/removed various stock parts from your copy of KSP? If you're getting blank white textures, it means those parts can't find the requisite /Gamedata/Squad/Parts/... texture files they use. For the listed parts, they need:
/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2Adapters/mk2adapters1m.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/rapierEngine/rapieremit.dds
/Squad/Parts/Utility/mk3CargoBay/Mk3CargoBay.dds
/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageShort/mk2FuselageShort.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model002.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model004.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model000.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model003.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/Jet Engines.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/Jet_Heat.dds

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

Hi @SuicidalInsanity

First of all thank you for this mod.

I'd like to ask you regarding a bug I'm having. I'm using the mod together with RO, RealFuels, etc and when using for example the Scramjet engine the exhaust plume is always visible even if the engine is switch off.

I have seen something similar in the past but I'm not sure if it is due to an incompatibility with Smokescreen or other mods.

(BTW I'm using KSP 1.6.0)

6 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

(BTW I'm using KSP 1.6.0)

Horrible KSP version. Get off of it. :P Squad even doesn't want people to get to pick it for Steam rollbacks because it's so bad.

I may be clueless on this but I expect the effect name/node or engine ID of the scramjet have values that are not expected by RealPlume so RealPlume doesn't know to delete what's there.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Horrible KSP version. Get off of it. :P Squad even doesn't want people to get to pick it for Steam rollbacks because it's so bad.

I may be clueless on this but I expect the effect name/node or engine ID of the scramjet have values that are not expected by RealPlume so RealPlume doesn't know to delete what's there.

Haha thank you I will check that.

I might consider upgrading my KSP 1.6 RSS/RO version to KSP 1.6.1 although I might wait for KSP 1.7. It took several weeks of compiles, fixes and tweaks to achieve this9qnkqedspao21.png?utm_medium=android_app

On 3/24/2019 at 1:52 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Yeah, I could take a second look at aerospike performance.

AnonymousEm: Are you running mods that replace stock parts/removed various stock parts from your copy of KSP? If you're getting blank white textures, it means those parts can't find the requisite /Gamedata/Squad/Parts/... texture files they use. For the listed parts, they need:
/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2Adapters/mk2adapters1m.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/rapierEngine/rapieremit.dds
/Squad/Parts/Utility/mk3CargoBay/Mk3CargoBay.dds
/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageShort/mk2FuselageShort.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model002.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model004.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model000.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model003.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/Jet Engines.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/Jet_Heat.dds

It is a 99.9% probability that they are running ReStock. This is the cause of it on my install, as well. I would paste in the corrective whitelist file, but I haven't had a chance to make one yet :(

Anyone else have missing textures?  I'm pretty sure its the Nertea Restock mod causing the issue as I had a similar problem with Snacks.  How would I go about fixing this?

Also I'm super confused about the Banshee fan capabilities in non Air Environments.  On the fans themselves I see that they require LF/OX and Air but also that there is an extra patch called AirBreathingBanshee.

Edited by KSPNoob

On 3/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, komodo said:

It is a 99.9% probability that they are running ReStock. This is the cause of it on my install, as well. I would paste in the corrective whitelist file, but I haven't had a chance to make one yet :(

I have made one. :)
For mk3 expansion too.
I think it is complete.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sW2C6Uowivd9H3Vd6X3kp3FPMLd82AWy

P.S. @KSPNoob the way to resolve the problem with missing textures because of Restock is to create a Whitelist with the textures in question(In this link it explains a bit better how to create the whitelist: https://github.com/PorktoberRevolution/ReStocked/blob/master/Distribution/Restock/readme.txt). The first link,the one from google drive, is a whitelist that resolves that problem, just download it and put it anywhere inside the gamadata folder.

Edited by PmThay

Yeah, I'll have to get a update out with an included whitelist for ReStock.

-KSPNoob - the Banshee fans, by default, work in any planetary atmosphere of sufficient pressure/density (i.e. they'll work fine on Kerbin, great on Eve, but don't expect high-altitude cruising on Duna), and use LF/O + atmosphere. The 2 patches, AirBreathing and Electric, are optional, and changes how they work for people who prefer an alternate fuel - Airbreathing Banshee changes them to LF + Air, and makes them work like stock jets (i.e. they'll work fine on Kerbin, not at all on Eve), and Electric changes them to EC + atmosphere, which is like default, except you need batteries in place of fueltanks.

Mk2 Expansion 1.8.4 is now up: SpaceDock | GitHub.
Changelog:

Spoiler

-New Part: Mk2 battery bank
-Fixes missing bulkhead profiles
-Banshee Fans now transition between horiz/vert flight options
-J Edgar now has standalone variant for radial placement
-Aerospike performance refactored, slightly more thrust for slightly less ISP
-Afterburn subsonic performance buffed slightly
-X and T structural hub now have stack symmetry
-Fixes Siddeley localization error
-Fixes Aerospike smokeFX
-Fixes scaled flag for agency contracts
-Adds Whitelist for ReStock compatibility

• 2 weeks later...

I was fiddling around with the Linear Aerospike and noticed that it listed a shroud in the part tweakables but doesn't actually seem to have a shroud. is that a feature or a bug? Checking out the part in Blender definitely confirms that part is missing the Fairing model.

M2X Update 1.8.4.1 - SpaceDock | GitHub.
Primarily a patch update to fix some stuff - MM mainly
ChangeLog:

Spoiler

-Fixes missing Aerospike fairing
-Fixes tweakscale patch. Should no longer duplicate settings
-Fixes MM syntax error with M2X_KA patch
-Fixes MM syntax error with M2X_NFE patch
-Fixes nuclear engine costs when using NFE
-Fixes Inline banshee negative collider
-Fixes B9 localization issue
-Fixes OMS Pod white texture
-Updates the USILS patch to current USILS build
-Updates Windowshine MM patch

@proteasome Reproduction steps? I'm assuming the craft has intakes, does their right-click menu display flow info for intakeAir/Atm? Planet and altitude of attempted flight?
If you turn on infinite propellant, does the engine work then?

6 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@proteasome Reproduction steps? I'm assuming the craft has intakes, does their right-click menu display flow info for intakeAir/Atm? Planet and altitude of attempted flight?
If you turn on infinite propellant, does the engine work then?

Intakes report nominal (have airflow) but engine does not (lists flameout, intake atm deprived). If I add a jet engine to the same craft it will work with the intake, but the atomic engine won't. Trying to upload a screenshot showing as much, but Imgur is being :-(

Trying to take-off from KSC on Kerbin.

Engines DO work when turning on infinite propellant. Then I have no problems. 

Haven't yet tried with the updated version.