Update 1.8.9 for KSP 1.10.1 is up - SpaceDock | GitHub
ChangeLog:

Spoiler

-KSP 1.10.1 Update
-New Part: Slanted Mk2-1.25 Adapter
-Fixes decoupler crossfeed issue
-Fixes RCS Blister offset issue
-Banshee Fan doors have better clearance when open
-Part Rework: All Chines have been conglomerated into three configurable omni parts
-Old Chine parts moved to Legacy status
-New Part: Configurable Chine RCS - multivariant RCS similar to the RCS/OMS/ACS blisters
-RC/PG RCS Chine parts moved to Legacy status
-Part Rework: RCSAS

I am getting a rather cryptic error when updating to the new MK2 expansion. Cryptic because I cannot find the part name that it claims is missing in the older version of the Mod or anywhere outside of my savefile.

When updating, one of my craft says it's missing part named "M2X.SCRCS"

The part has the following modules:

ModuleReactionWheel

ModuleRCSFX

TweakScale

Here are some additional properties:

mass = 0.200000003
  temp = 222.44842197290191
  tempExt = 222.11755089271091
  tempExtUnexp = 4

Based on that, I think the part name is actually the SC-01 RCS Stability Control Module. But I don't know why searching through the part files, it doesn't come up based on what it's called in the save file. Was this part modified/removed in the new update?

12 hours ago, helliwolf said:

I am getting a rather cryptic error when updating to the new MK2 expansion. Cryptic because I cannot find the part name that it claims is missing in the older version of the Mod or anywhere outside of my savefile.

The part has the following modules:

ModuleReactionWheel

ModuleRCSFX

TweakScale

Here are some additional properties:

mass = 0.200000003
  temp = 222.44842197290191
  tempExt = 222.11755089271091
  tempExtUnexp = 4

Based on that, I think the part name is actually the SC-01 RCS Stability Control Module. But I don't know why searching through the part files, it doesn't come up based on what it's called in the save file. Was this part modified/removed in the new update?

I'm also receiving this error.

It seems that a part has been removed in the latest release, whether by accident or otherwise. It seems to be the MK2 Inline Reaction Wheel/RCS Combo Part

@SuicidalInsanity was this intentional?

20 hours ago, helliwolf said:

7 hours ago, SilentGunner13 said:

I'm also receiving this error.

It seems that a part has been removed in the latest release, whether by accident or otherwise. It seems to be the MK2 Inline Reaction Wheel/RCS Combo Part

@SuicidalInsanity was this intentional?

No, it wasn't intentional (not even sure how it happened); a fixed version of the update was re-uploaded yesterday.

15 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

No, it wasn't intentional (not even sure how it happened); a fixed version of the update was re-uploaded yesterday.

Oh, I see. I didn't realize these consecutive updates. The V1.8.9.2  IS the version I am using that has the stated error. The part appears to be missing from the latest SpaceDock version.

@SuicidalInsanity

[LOG 18:14:42.681] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/RCS/StabilityControl/M2X_SCRCS'
[ERR 18:14:42.683] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/RCS/SCModule' as model does not exist

[ERR 18:14:42.683] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 18:14:42.683] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 18:14:42.683] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

I think this may have something to do with it?
Edit: attempting to take the SCModule.mu file from ver 1.8.8 in Mk2Expansion-1.8.8\GameData\Mk2Expansion\Parts\Utility\RCS found on the github and putting it in the current version install DOES FIX the issue, so the file is just missing.

I repeat, this IS A WORKING FIX for anyone wanting to get the mod working immediately.

Edited by Marxon
Fix found

Also, something really funny happened to the landing legs:

Spoiler

f4edc68094.jpg

Edit: the footpads also angle themselves 90 degrees of pitch axis to ground.
The Banshee lift fans have some issues with the new model animations as well with z fighting, just a heads up:

Spoiler

17e0e6e84d.jpg

Edited by Marxon
more info x2

• 1 month later...

Anyone else notice how the jettison staging option on the AASRBS doesn't work as it already has a stage related function for the engine?

Edit: Also any chance we can get more options for the parts with RCS to use alternative fuels and/or larger ACS blisters? My atmospheric cargo vtol is having to use some odd layouts of these things to have enough control authority to lift landed asteroids:

Spoiler

94945a5284.jpg

Edited by Marxon

I believe i've found a incompatibility with the TCA mod with a part from this mod (the SPL heavy duty landing leg). Whenever I place this on a craft, the TCA can no longer be triggered. If i remove this part, TCA becomes operational again.

I've made a full report on the TCA forum, but maybe can you also look at it?

Thanks !

Edited by Nicky21

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey! Apologies if I've misunderstood and these parts actually don't belong to your mods, but I think they do. It's the Mk2 Service Bay and Mk3 Service Bay, where you can configure a tank type to have in the middle of it.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add another type of "tank": A CLS compatible crew tube?

In the screenshot below, the cockpit and two passenger sections are all separate living spaces with no way to transfer crew between them (naturally). It would be really cool the service bay could get a "crew tank" option, for connecting those living spaces, while still leaving room for stuff around it, like with the other tanks. 

What do you think?

JrlfwoM.png

@Svish CLS compatible hollow parts would need to be made separate from these (with only one option: structural, to spare this mod's maker from basically remaking his parts. Making a part that has many variants is not an easy task). It is unknown if B9 Part Switch naturally agrees with CLS and can control when a part is passable. This is the easiest of 3 possible solutions to this problem.

• 2 weeks later...