[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

• 1 month later...

M2X has been updated to 1.4.4 on Spacedock/GitHub, should fix your issue.
Basically the same as previous 1.4.x version of M2X, with some minor improvements/fixes:
--Updated part Specular masks/texturemaps for improved TexturesUnlimited compatibility
--Boosted EngineFX particle density, plumes should look a bit better now
--Rontgen atmCurve tweaked, should be more usable on Duna now
--Example craft no longer contain stock legacy parts
--Fixes Banshee/Whirligig unpiloted craft engine activation bug; craft with these engines should no longer take off if the pilot goes EVA

• 2 weeks later...

Module Manager is throwing up errors in relation to TweakScale (which I do not have installed).

KSP 1.4.5, most recent MK2 Expansion (via CKAN)

As far as I can tell, this is not causing any problems with the parts, just an error message when loading.

These are the errors in the logfile, I can post more of the log if needed.

[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_OMSpod] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_RATO] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_RadialAASRB] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_LinearAerospike] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_AugmentedRocket] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_ESTOC] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_IonEngine] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_Jumpjet] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_FuselageRVTOLE] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_LiftFan] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_FuselageLiftFan] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_MATTOCK] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_Pegasus] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_Pluto] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_Ramjet] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_AtomicJet] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_SCRamjet] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_Siddeley] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_Turbofan] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_Turbojet] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_Turboprop] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_HeavyVTOL] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_FF5WayRCS] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_OMSBlister] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_PGRCS] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_RCRCS] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_RCSBlister] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Error - Can not find the node to paste in @PART[M2X_SCRCS] : #@TWEAKSCALEBEHAVIOR[Engine]/MODULE[TweakScale]
[ModuleManager] Errors in patch prevents the creation of the cache
[ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 7469 patches applied, found <color=orange>28 errors</color>
28 errors related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale.cfg

This is pretty nifty,

One thing though, could we get nodes on the insides of the service bays? Currently I'm having to use the radial attachments on them to get a node for other things, such as inline reaction wheels and the winch. which can look a little ugly on the other side depending on what it's attached to.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, simsooler357 said:

"Hyper blast" has too much heat, why is it needed then?

For SSTOs that don't need Oxidizer at all. For simply going reeeeally fast on just jet engines. And for unique opportunities to save on Oxidizer mass if you build spaceplanes very well.

Here's a airplane that could circle Kerbin on its Hyperblast. Unfortunately its TWR was always too low (for the sake of looks) to add anything at all for it to leave the atmosphere.

I don't remember too much problem with its heat tolerance f that's what you mean.

mT9iHey.jpg

3 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

For SSTOs that don't need Oxidizer at all. For simply going reeeeally fast on just jet engines. And for unique opportunities to save on Oxidizer mass if you build spaceplanes very well.

Here's a airplane that could circle Kerbin on its Hyperblast. Unfortunately its TWR was always too low (for the sake of looks) to add anything at all for it to leave the atmosphere.

I don't remember too much problem with its heat tolerance f that's what you mean.

mT9iHey.jpg

On all altitude and speed +pre-coolers, "Hyperblast" heating minimum 2400 K on start, and HEAT and HEAT and reach 2800 K in a few seconds.

5 hours ago, simsooler357 said:

On all altitude and speed +pre-coolers, "Hyperblast" heating minimum 2400 K on start, and HEAT and HEAT and reach 2800 K in a few seconds.

There must be a serious bug in your game. Apart from that, I haven't used this mod in a long time and I definitely never even heard of this kind of bug.

How tightly integrated are the parts in this mod, CRP, and IFS? I have nothing else that uses CRP or IFS, and would rather avoid installing them if I can... But if it means reprogramming everything then that's a bit beyond me; however if it's just find/replacing a few entries then I can manage that easily enough.

8 minutes ago, JH4C said:

How tightly integrated are the parts in this mod, CRP, and IFS?

It's pretty tight. I've looked, and sharing your sentiment, I broke these same bonds for OPT Spaceplane Parts. Through my own mod, I've made OPT use B9 Part Switch, and default to structural/tank-less, and easy to add fuel options by just inserting a tank option configNode in 3~5 places, and if necessary, a tank definition configNode.

CRP is only used for the reactor- enriched/depeleted Uranium, and for the non O2 breathing atmospheric engines - IntakeAtm, but otherwise isn't made use of. If you don't want to install CRP, you could make a custom resources.cfg containing the above three resources and M2X still would work. IFS is a bit more complicated, since a bunch of stuff uses it for model/tank switching. You can trim the IFS install down to just the plugin .dll, but it is a something of a hard dependency, though that is slightly misleading - M2X will work without it present, though mesh switchable parts will try to appear as all variants simultaneously, and tank switchable parts will be structural only. CRP and IFS don't have any dependency on each other for M2X.

I remember making a choice between B9 and IFS back with switchable parts first appeared in M2X, and I think I went with IFS because it had some features back then that B9 lacked or something, though I don't know if that's still the case. Is B9 the objectively superior option at this point?
I've taken a look, and it looks like B9PS can do everything I need, and doesn't seem too onerous to convert things over to it, so is this something people would like to see over sticking with IFS, and/or is there an argument for sticking with IFS, or sticking withit but providing a B9PS option as an alternative during M2X install?

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

3 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

CRP is only used for the reactor- enriched/depeleted Uranium, and for the non O2 breathing atmospheric engines - IntakeAtm, but otherwise isn't made use of. If you don't want to install CRP, you could make a custom resources.cfg containing the above three resources and M2X still would work. IFS is a bit more complicated, since a bunch of stuff uses it for model/tank switching. You can trim the IFS install down to just the plugin .dll, but it is a something of a hard dependency, though that is slightly misleading - M2X will work without it present, though mesh switchable parts will try to appear as all variants simultaneously, and tank switchable parts will be structural only. CRP and IFS don't have any dependency on each other for M2X.

I remember making a choice between B9 and IFS back with switchable parts first appeared in M2X, and I think I went with IFS because it had some features back then that B9 lacked or something, though I don't know if that's still the case. Is B9 the objectively superior option at this point?
I've taken a look, and it looks like B9PS can do everything I need, and doesn't seem too onerous to convert things over to it, so is this something people would like to see over sticking with IFS, and/or is there an argument for sticking with IFS, or sticking withit but providing a B9PS option as an alternative during M2X install?

Perhaps you could use the stock mesh switch system, and remove that dependency entirely? I don't know how many people are still using 1.3.x but with 1.5.x on the horizon sooner or later they're going to have to update to keep using other mods anyway.

Something else in my set-up appears to have added IntakeAtm to pretty much every intake I've got, so that's one more thing not to worry about... This just might work after all :)