SuicidalInsanity

[1.6.X] Mk2 Expansion v1.8.3.5 [update 1/212019]

getting 12 warnings from ModuleManager 4.0.1, more than one NEED and ect

After playing around for a while, I now would really love to see a J Edgar booster that can be side mounted and toggle between horizontal and vertical, maybe banshees too. I also am in love with the ACS blisters but kind of bummed they only come in the small variant unlike the normal verniers that come in medium and large, as they prove exceptionally useful for atmospheric vtols for fine adjustments.

Also, here's the craft that drove me to want some of these things:

fd72c8499a.jpg

This is what i get when it tries to install on ckan

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk2Expansion 2:1.8.3.5: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA486.tmp has length 29581780, should be 29581777
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, Trulight said:

This is what i get when it tries to install on ckan

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: Mk2Expansion 2:1.8.3.5: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA486.tmp has length 29581780, should be 29581777
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadsComplete(NetModuleCache cache, Uri[] urls, String[] filenames, Exception[] errors)

same here just installing 1.6.1 for the first time 

Sord-of bug:

he Mk atomic engine, Pluto, dosnt ahve teh ISP of 800 as dvertised, the in game ISP is 740 something. I thing it has somethign to do with it beeing a nuclear reactor and engine in one.

Whats is the "Low profile aligned docking port"?

What is its function and what does the part look like?

Need docking port to align my SP w tug fuselage.

Thanks!

Hey just a heads up. This mod is causing a fatal error with B9 partswitch: 

81e34cd0e5bc3fedc35e227dc63f74f8.png

Kilo60 - The low profile aligned docking port is the flat one about the size and shape of a Mk2 drone core with a 1.25m docking port on one side - the 'aligned' aspect is instead of the docking ports connecting regardless of relative vessel Roll, the docking vessel is rotated until it has 0 roll relative to the vessel being docked to; basically it auto-aligns the two vessels

CyclonicTuna - M2X version, B9PS version? The latest version of M2X (1.8.3.5) fixed the B9 errors, at least as of the B9 Ps version bundled with it (it's entirely possible B9PS has changed something again).

Posted (edited)

@SuicidalInsanity

Any chance of a Linear Aerospike as a stand alone engine? (without the MK2 form)

Edit...

Taking a look at the T1 Toroidal vs the MK2 Linear Aerospike (TLA-200), the performance accounting for the difference in weight is within 1-2 % of each other. While the Linear Aerospike clearly has a much larger surface area (2-3 times) yet only showing a 78% gain in thrust.  Furthermore, both motors have the exact same ISP (ASL 290 / Vac 340) when ideally the Toroidal should be slightly more efficient than the Linear.  Currently it makes more sense to use a pair of T1’s instead of a single TLA-200. 

Would it be possible to increse thrust while reducing ISP for the Linear MK2? (360-400 thrust with 320-330 ISP)

Edited by Redacted

Yeah, I could take a second look at aerospike performance.

AnonymousEm: Are you running mods that replace stock parts/removed various stock parts from your copy of KSP? If you're getting blank white textures, it means those parts can't find the requisite /Gamedata/Squad/Parts/... texture files they use. For the listed parts, they need:
/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2Adapters/mk2adapters1m.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/rapierEngine/rapieremit.dds
/Squad/Parts/Utility/mk3CargoBay/Mk3CargoBay.dds
/Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk2FuselageShort/mk2FuselageShort.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model002.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model004.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model000.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model003.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/Jet Engines.dds
/Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/Jet_Heat.dds

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

Hi @SuicidalInsanity

First of all thank you for this mod.

I'd like to ask you regarding a bug I'm having. I'm using the mod together with RO, RealFuels, etc and when using for example the Scramjet engine the exhaust plume is always visible even if the engine is switch off.

I have seen something similar in the past but I'm not sure if it is due to an incompatibility with Smokescreen or other mods.

(BTW I'm using KSP 1.6.0)

6 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

(BTW I'm using KSP 1.6.0)

Horrible KSP version. Get off of it. :P Squad even doesn't want people to get to pick it for Steam rollbacks because it's so bad.

I may be clueless on this but I expect the effect name/node or engine ID of the scramjet have values that are not expected by RealPlume so RealPlume doesn't know to delete what's there.

Edited by JadeOfMaar