[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

I was going off of the Squad MFT patch in the MFT git repository, which Github claims was updated 2 days ago.

Edit:

MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 90
type = ServiceModule
}
}
@PART[mk2_OMSpod]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 60
type = RCS
}
}
@PART[mk2_InlineIntake]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 90
type = Fuselage
}
}
@PART[mk2_HypersonicNose]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 800
type = Fuselage
}
}
@PART[mk2InverterFuselage]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 800
type = Fuselage
}
}
@PART[mk2_SupersonicNose]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 100
type = Fuselage
}
}
@PART[mk2_SpadeTail]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 200
type = Fuselage
}
}
@PART[TunaCockpit]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 50
type = RCS
}
}
@PART[mk2UST]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {
MODULE {
name = ModuleFuelTanks
volume = 200
type = ServiceModule
}
}

@PART[mk2Servicebay]:NEEDS[modularFuelTanks] {

Replace the contents of the MFT patch with the above for full MFT functionality; removes RCSHighEfficiency

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

Mk2 docking ports. hells yeah. One question, is the texture/color for the new cockpit final? the texture doesn't quite mess with the stock Mk2 parts, and my OCD makes it hard for me to actually use it. Just curious, if it is final I'll learn to live with it. Over all this mod is awesome.

The Mk2X_DRE.cfg is missing a :NEEDS parameter, which is why you get the 933.15° max Temp even if you are not using Deadly ReEntry. The number is rather low in my opinion for the DRE-free game.

I simply deleted the file in my version (I don't need it ;-) ). But it would be better to fix this for the future versions as other users might not know why your parts are burning up so fast.

Otherwise it's an awesome mod. Keep it up :)

/edit: I just read that MinorInconvenience has also pointed this out. Don't mind me then.

@ MinorInconvenience, caipi; Noted and added. For now, the easiest thing would be to remove the patch. the fixed version of the cfg wil be with the next update. For those who are impatient,

{
@maxTemp = 933.15
@emissiveConstant = 0.85
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
skinMaxTemp = 2130
}
}

@PART[mk2_HypersonicNose]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]
{
@maxTemp = 933.15
@emissiveConstant = 0.85
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
skinMaxTemp = 2350
}
}
@PART[mk2_InlineIntake|mk2EngineShroud|mk2_MantaIntake|mk2InverterFuselage|mk2_SupersonicNose|mk2_SpadeTail|mk2Decoupler|Mk2THub|Mk2XHub|Mk2ShieldedDockingPort|mk2_OMSpod|mk22X5WayRCS|mk25WayRCS|mk2RCRCS|mk2PGRCS|mk2FF5WayRCS|mk2SCRCS|mk2Servicebay|mk2_AeroIntake|ChineCap|ChineLong|RootChineAdapter|RootChineLong|RootChineShort|ChineShort|Mk1Chinecap|Mk1ChineLong|Mk1ChineShort|mk2UST]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]
{
@maxTemp = 933.15
@emissiveConstant = 0.85
MODULE
{
name = ModuleAeroReentry
skinMaxTemp = 2130
}
}

@PART[TunaCockpit]:NEEDS[DeadlyReentry]

@vardicd: Given that I'm reworking the Pluto model for the next update, it wouldn't be too much extra effort to rework the cockpit texture as well.

@ MinorInconvenience, caipi; Noted and added. For now, the easiest thing would be to remove the patch. the fixed version of the cfg wil be with the next update. For those who are impatient

Never use :FOR. MM takes that as you are the mod and adds the entry even if the mod/dll isn't present. So this would make MM think DR is there and trigger every other DR patch. You should use :NEEDS and :AFTER if you want to modifier after DR has made adjustments.

Head's up: With Advanced Jet Engines installed, the "Manta" RAM air intake and two-state intake show intake areas of only 0.025, which are too small by at least an order of magnitude. I have no idea what the proper way to fix this is, but for reference, the stock RAM air intake has an area of 0.75 (and it's smaller than the Manta).

@curiousepic; Cryo Rockets. Yeah, whats happening there is the Cryo Rockets MM patch is adding a Firespitter fuelswitch to all parts containing LF/O, the Mk2 Expansion MM patch adds Interstellar Fuelswitch to the mod fueltanks, resulting in duplicate GUI buttons.

Edit: After some testing, adding ,!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]] solves the problem; incorporated into the .cfg for next update.

Somehow, the method you used in the update is still being applied and adds a second IFS module after CryoEngine's cfg is applied (first in alphabetical order). I can't figure out why.

Also, CKAN will error on updating this if you already have example craft thumbnails, because it doesn't want to overwrite them now that they're packaged with the mod. I'd consider removing the thumbnails from the package for now.

Svm420; Good to know; the MM config I was looking at for reference used FOR: The revised cfg on the previous page has been updated.

jrandom;I don't use AJE, so i have no idea either, but I'll look into it

Edit: Looking into AJE, it looks like it has custom .cfgs for a variety of mod and stock intakes, which means I'll need to make a MM patch for it.

biohazard15: How did I miss that? Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

curiousepic; That is old; the MM config for the Fuelswitch patch uses :HAS[!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:HAS[!MODULE[interstellarFuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[interstellarFuelSwitch]

curiousepic; That is old; the MM config for the Fuelswitch patch uses :HAS[!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:HAS[!MODULE[interstellarFuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[interstellarFuelSwitch]

Sorry for the ambiguity, but I meant that the new version (1.3), as you pasted there, is still applying it after CryoEngines applies its patch, at least in my install.

These look awesome as hell. The only two parts that I would like to see are one, a 4 way hub to make good use of that Mrk2 to wing tail thing, and a mrk2 section with a bubble and a 1.25m attachment point on top/bottom for making helicopters/ vtol with no moving parts.

@curiousepic: Odd. In my test install of KSP, running Mk2 Expansion, Cryo Engines, their dependencies, and nothing else, the fuelswitch patch works as it should. Can you post your output_log?

Sorry - not sure what happened initially, but things seem to be behaving properly now, your patch is correct.

@CptRichardson, Toyotawolf; Mk3 parts are outside the scope of this mod; If I did mk3 parts, it would be a separate Mk3 Expansion mod.

@jrandom: Here is a AJE cfg I cobbled together for my intakes and engines - it should probably work? If nothing else, it should fix the intake size issue.

{
@description = Static inlet, optimized for transonic speed
@mass = 0.45

MODULE
{
name = AJEInlet
Area = 1.2
TPRCurve
{
key = 0.0 0.85 0 0
key = 1.0 0.96 0 0
key = 2.0 0.95 0 0
key = 2.5 0.90 0 0
key = 3.0 0.80 0 0
key = 4.0 0.65 0 0
key = 8.0 0.00 0 0
}
}
}

@PART[mk2_AeroIntake]:NEEDS[AJE]:AFTER[AJE]
{
@description = Fixed cone inlet, optimized for supersonic speed
@mass = 0.25
MODULE
{
name=AJEInlet
Area=1.65
TPRCurve
{
key = 0.0 0.85 0 0
key = 1.0 0.90 0 0
key = 1.5 0.95 0 0
key = 2.0 0.95 0 0
key = 2.5 0.90 0 0
key = 3.0 0.80 0 0
key = 4.0 0.70 0 0
key = 8.0 0.00 0 0
}
}
}

@PART[mk2_MantaIntake]:NEEDS[AJE]:AFTER[AJE]
{
@description= Adjustable inlet, optimized for supersonic speed
MODULE
{
name=AJEInlet
Area=2.1
TPRCurve
{
key = 0.0 0.95 0 0
key = 1.0 0.96 0 0
key = 2.0 0.95 0 0
key = 2.5 0.90 0 0
key = 3.0 0.80 0 0
key = 4.0 0.65 0 0
key = 8.0 0.00 0 0
}
}
}
@PART[Mk2Turbojet]:NEEDS[AJE]
{

MODULE //wet SFC = 1.4 here
{
name = AJEModule
Area = 0.62
BPR = 0.45
CPR = 35
FPR = 3
Mdes = 0.9
Tdes = 250
eta_c = 0.95
eta_t = 0.98
eta_n = 0.7
FHV = 27000000
TIT = 1970
TAB = 2350
exhaustMixer = True
maxThrust = 250
maxT3 = 1200
}

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
{
@maxThrust=207.4
}

}
@PART[Mk2VTOLFuselage]:NEEDS[AJE]
{

!MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
{
}

MODULE
{
name = AJEModule
Area=0.29
BPR=0.36
CPR=32
FPR=3.8
Mdes=0.9
Tdes=250
eta_c=0.95
eta_t=0.98
eta_n=0.7
FHV=22.5E6
TIT=1620
TAB=2850
exhaustMixer=true
maxThrust = 200
maxT3 = 1100
}

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
{
@maxThrust=148
}
}
@PART[Mk2VTOLJET]:NEEDS[AJE]
{

!MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
{
}

MODULE
{
name = AJEModule
Area=0.29
BPR=0.36
CPR=32
FPR=3.8
Mdes=0.9
Tdes=250
eta_c=0.95
eta_t=0.98
eta_n=0.7
FHV=22.5E6
TIT=1620
TAB=2850
exhaustMixer=true
maxThrust = 200
maxT3 = 1100
}

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
{
@maxThrust=148
}
}
@PART[Mk2Ramjet]:NEEDS[AJE]
{
@title = H-07 "Afterburn" Ramjet Engine
@mass = 0.8
%CoMOffset = 0, 1.5, 0
@description = A highly advanced ramjet engine using space-grade materials for very high performance. Built for the blazing fast speeds Mk2 spaceplanes deserve, this engine is designed to operate best at higher altitudes and speeds; it will not produce thrust under mach 0.3!

!MODULE[AJEModule]
{
}

MODULE
{
name = AJEModule
Area = 0.7
BPR = 0
CPR = 1
FPR = 0
Mdes = 0.9
Tdes = 250
eta_c = 0.95
eta_t = 0.98
eta_n = 0.9
FHV = 28000000
TIT = 1800
TAB = 0
exhaustMixer = True
maxThrust = 700
maxT3 = 1200
}

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
{
@useEngineResponseTime = False
}
}

@PART[ESTOC]:NEEDS[AJE]
{
MODULE
{
name = AJEModule
Area = 0.9
BPR = 0
CPR = 12
FPR = 0
Mdes = 1
Tdes = 280
eta_c = 0.95
eta_t = 0.98
eta_n = 0.9
FHV = 36000000
TIT = 900
TAB = 3800
exhaustMixer = True
maxThrust = 700
maxT3 = 2000
}

}
@PART[mk2_InlineIntake]:NEEDS[AJE]:AFTER[AJE]

@H3xx: There is a 4-way hub part already. I do have plans for some more mk2 cockpits, one of which could be used as a chopper cockpit , but progress on those will be slow, mainly because IVAs are not fun to make.

This is a wonderful mod. I made a flying fish and it was glorious. Also, would there be any possibility of a 2.5-3.75m to Mk2 tricoupler? This may or may not be so I can have a stupidly large carpet bombing orbital weapon.

@jrandom: Here is a AJE cfg I cobbled together for my intakes and engines - it should probably work? If nothing else, it should fix the intake size issue.

Thank you! Also, I've noticed that your engine shrouds have a tendency to overheat and explode around Mach 3.5 and higher when Deadly Reentry is installed. Not sure if this is intended behavior or not. :) (I know, I know, I'm one of those players with all those gosh-darned realism mods installed...)

@jrandom: re: engine shrouds. definitely not intended behavior, especially since it shares the same max temp as almost all the other parts post DRE MM patch. My guess is mounted engines are overheating it. I suppose the emissive constant could be bumped up slightly, that might fix it.

Edit: After some testing with FAR and DRE I can't get the shrouds to explode. One test went as high as mach 4.5 and the cockpit exploded, but nothing else. What sort of plane and flight profile are you using?

Test results

@jrandom: re: engine shrouds. definitely not intended behavior, especially since it shares the same max temp as almost all the other parts post DRE MM patch. My guess is mounted engines are overheating it. I suppose the emissive constant could be bumped up slightly, that might fix it.

Edit: After some testing with FAR and DRE I can't get the shrouds to explode. One test went as high as mach 4.5 and the cockpit exploded, but nothing else. What sort of plane and flight profile are you using?

Huh. Odd. I've been testing out a workaround where I put a precooler between the engine and the shroud, and then translate the precooler so it's embedded inside the fuselage. Note that the temperature (next to the navball, lower right) is 1300K or so. The shroud was blowing up before 1000K before the workaround.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe this will help? I turned on thermal numbers in the context menu. The shroud is getting close to overheating at Mach 3.55 (you can see it's dumping heat into the precooler here) -- the heat is building up over time so if you just flew a short test flight the issue might not have been apparent.

Javascript is disabled. View full album