[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

LatiMacciato, thanks for the head-up, I'll get it fixed.

xD-FireStriker: That was more of a general announcement, back from a time when NFE was going through some code refactors, though I can see why it might cause confusion. The NFE patch shipped with the latest M2X update should be up-to-date.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up the link at the top of this forum, then unzipped it into the GameData folder with the rest of my mods. The files show up just fine, I just would appear to have misplaced the parts.

I'm posting from my phone, so can't post a log. Also, It doesn't seem to generate any fatal errors, so where do I get the logs from?

When I get my laptop going again, I'll flush the current file set and try fron CKAN.

3 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Method of installing? Assuming CKAN, it should auto install things to the right place, and manual install from SpaceDock or GitHub has a readme in the top level of the Mk2Expansion-1.8.3.2.zip.
Can you post your Kerbal Space Program/KSP.log?

Just a note: the versioning got wonky on CKAN. It's showing an older version as the newest, due to *.3.2 versus *.06 and it's treating .06 as higher.

@SuicidalInsanity I just wanted to mention that whatever you've done to try and fix the MFT patch compatibility doesn't work. I still get the B9PS quit to desktop on any part with B9PS functionality and a MFT patch. I fixed it locally by finding any parts using B9PS and comment out the MFT patch. If they're not compatible and B9POS is a hard requirement why include a patch to a part to add MFT at all ? Affects this and the Mk3 Expansion. I run across it every time I update.

@ExplodingExplorer - the log is in the main Kerbal Space Program directory, a text file called 'KSP.log'

@Tonka Crash - When I tested the fixed patches prior to upload, they worked on my end, and retesting now with the latest versions of B9 and MFT there is no B9PS-MFT CtD on my end; I'm going to need logs, something weird is evidently going on.

I see what's happening - you have an improper file structure; proper install path is Gamedata/Mk2Expansion, not GameData/Mk2Expansion-1.8.3.2/Mk2Expansion. Because of the extra Mk2Expansion-1.8.3.2, the model compiler can no longer find the target files  where its been told they are and is returning 'Model does not exist', which results in the part not loading into the game.

Trying to figure out what is breaking here but since theres an error with one of Mk2 Patches i might as well post it here.
https://imgur.com/a/sFmJLL3
I will post a log if i cant fix it, I know it will be unlikely that this is a M2X issue but lately i havent had good luck installing mods with MM giving me a but ton of errors every time now.

Edit: Heres the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P9-vFKl5vv3I4x74NLeWZro5fvUHevzn/view?usp=sharing

Rly would like to know what the heck is causing all my issues at this point 

Edited by xD-FireStriker
Added log File

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Trying to figure out what is breaking here but since theres an error with one of Mk2 Patches i might as well post it here.
https://imgur.com/a/sFmJLL3
I will post a log if i cant fix it, I know it will be unlikely that this is a M2X issue but lately i havent had good luck installing mods with MM giving me a but ton of errors every time now.

Edit: Heres the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P9-vFKl5vv3I4x74NLeWZro5fvUHevzn/view?usp=sharing

Rly would like to know what the heck is causing all my issues at this point 

Looking in your log file confirms what the screenshot says; there's an error with USILS.cfg in M2X's compatibility patches. The log goes a little further though and says that the error is "Cannot parse node name as tag list: tag can't start with ["

Looking at USILS.cfg gives us this:

@PART[M2X_SmallLab]NEEDS:[USILifeSupport]FOR:[Mk2Expansion]
//Adds a life support recycler to the Mk2 Science Lab. Supports fewer kerbals and less efficient than stock lab. Credit to Merkov for the patch.
{

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleLifeSupportRecycler
		CrewCapacity = 3
		RecyclePercent = .4
		ConverterName = Life Support
		tag = Life Support
		StartActionName = Start Life Support
		StopActionName = Stop Life Support

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = ElectricCharge
			Ratio = 1
		}
	}

}

Comparing this to other patches, the colons in the opening line are all in the wrong places. I believe it should read like this instead?

@PART[M2X_SmallLab]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:FOR[Mk2Expansion]
//Adds a life support recycler to the Mk2 Science Lab. Supports fewer kerbals and less efficient than stock lab. Credit to Merkov for the patch.
{

MODULE
	{
		CrewCapacity = 3
		RecyclePercent = .4
		tag = Life Support

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 1
		}
	}

}

A small error, easily overlooked.

3 minutes ago, JH4C said:

Looking in your log file confirms what the screenshot says; there's an error with USILS.cfg in M2X's compatibility patches. The log goes a little further though and says that the error is "Cannot parse node name as tag list: tag can't start with ["

Looking at USILS.cfg gives us this:

@PART[M2X_SmallLab]NEEDS:[USILifeSupport]FOR:[Mk2Expansion]
{

MODULE
	{
		CrewCapacity = 3
		RecyclePercent = .4
		tag = Life Support

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 1
		}
	}

}

Comparing this to other patches, the colons in the opening line are all in the wrong places. I believe it should read like this instead?

@PART[M2X_SmallLab]:NEEDS[USILifeSupport]:FOR[Mk2Expansion]
{

MODULE
	{
		CrewCapacity = 3
		RecyclePercent = .4
		tag = Life Support

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 1
		}
	}

}

A small error, easily overlooked.

Ok, any clue what is causing the other 37 warning. they hopefully mean nothing  but i havent had that many warning for years and i kind of want to try and fix it

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Ok, any clue what is causing the other 37 warning. they hopefully mean nothing  but i havent had that many warning for years and i kind of want to try and fix it

[WRN 21:42:55.828] [ModuleManager] 1 warning related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_KA.cfg
[WRN 21:42:55.829] [ModuleManager] 9 warnings related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_RealPlumeStock.cfg
[WRN 21:42:55.829] [ModuleManager] 22 warnings related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/Mk2X_FuelTankSwitch.cfg
[WRN 21:42:55.829] [ModuleManager] 3 warnings related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/Mk2X_NFE_Functionality.cfg
[WRN 21:42:55.829] [ModuleManager] 2 warnings related to GameData/MOARdV/MAS_ASET/ALCORMFD40x20/MAS_ALCOR_MFD1.cfg
[WRN 21:42:55.829] [ModuleManager] Errors in patch prevents the creation of the cache
[LOG 21:42:55.836] [ModuleManager] ModuleManager: 2508 patches applied, found <color=yellow>37 warnings</yellow>, found <color=orange>1 error</color>
1 error related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/MK2-USILS.cfg

Start there. CTRL-F with the .log file in your text editor of choice, chase things down; error lines start ERR, warnings start WRN. You may also find more detailed information about these specific issues in the ModuleManager.ConfigCache file which should also open just fine in your text editor. I currently lack the focus needed to dig through it, so that's how you get started - good luck!

18 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@xD-FireStrikerThe latest version of ModuleManager is a lot more strict on enforcing correct syntax than it was before. This is why you're just now seeing a lot more errors and warnings. The syntax problems have always been there, MM just didn't report them.

Oh ok, got it 

The air-breathing SRB's have their thrust effect stuck on, even when inactive or the fuel is depleted. Otherwise they seem to function fine though, is this a known issue, or some kind of mod conflict? The air-breathing SRB's are the only part with any issue I can find so far.

Edit: I managed to figure it out, removing the power effect in the configs fixed the FX bug.

Edited by Kauske

Attempted to update to Mk2 1.8.3.4 via CKAN

Module Manager 3.1.2 phase loading stuck on Mk2Expansion/Parts/Engines/AASRB/Radial/M2X_RATO

Returnng to Mk2 1.8.3 and MM 3.1.0 did not solved the pain.

Thank You for ruining my game.

Edited by Nik Power

5 hours ago, Nik Power said:

Module Manager 3.1.2 phase loading stuck on Mk2Expansion/Parts/Engines/AASRB/Radial/M2X_RATO

Alright, dude. Don't get rude. Take some basic troubleshooting steps and maybe people could help you. More'n likely, you're the one that messed up your install. I have the new version of Mk2X and it works just fine. Post a link to where you have uploaded your logs and a picture of your gamedata.

5 hours ago, Nik Power said:

As above, but you should always backup your game before doing updates.

29 minutes ago, Krakatoa said:

Alright, dude. Don't get rude. Take some basic troubleshooting steps and maybe people could help you. More'n likely, you're the one that messed up your install. I have the new version of Mk2X and it works just fine. Post a link to where you have uploaded your logs and a picture of your gamedata.

Could You be more specific, which log file I need to provide?

And do you mean picture of GameData folder or what?

15 minutes ago, Nik Power said:

Could You be more specific, which log file I need to provide?

And do you mean picture of GameData folder or what?

As posted at the top of the forum, and in LGG's sig:

That part uses resource IntakeAtm; make sure that CKAN has correctly installed either CRP, or some other mod that defines this resource, as lacking a resource definition can cause the symptoms you're reporting.

23 minutes ago, JH4C said:

As posted at the top of the forum, and in LGG's sig:

That part uses resource IntakeAtm; make sure that CKAN has correctly installed either CRP, or some other mod that defines this resource, as lacking a resource definition can cause the symptoms you're reporting.

The output log has moved from earlier versions of the game, it doesn't show up in the KSP_x64_DATA folder, now it's buried at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\output_log.txt

Edited by Krakatoa