[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

@proteasome Do you have Community Resource Pack installed? Without that the IntakeAtm resource does not exist and intake parts won't have a second intake module for it. Do your intakes have a second intak module? Do they take up IntakeAir and IntakeAtm?

If you do have it installed, go to its Localization subfolder and delete everything except en-us.cfg. I'm curious to whether the exact bug I'm guessing at is still there.

@JadeOfMaarI have CRP installed. It was an older version, but I just updated to the most recent.

Still having the same problem, even after I deleted the other localization files.

I don't see a second intake module on the intakes, either the stock intakes or yours. Is there an additional dependancy I might still be missing?

Thanks for your help with this!

11 minutes ago, proteasome said:

either the stock intakes or yours.

Am I to assume you have "Deep Sky" mods? I can imagine how these factor into your problem, sadly. There are no other dependencies for Mk2 Expansion and my mods except B9 Part Switch, but B9 has no business with your resource problem. When you can, send logs.

Log files are generally best posted via pastebin or similar.

You said you aren't seeing the second atm intake on intakes; just to double check something here, If you go to /GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches, do you have a Mk2X_AtmIntake.cfg? And a ModuleManager.dll somewhere in /Gamedata?

14 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Log files are generally best posted via pastebin or similar.

You said you aren't seeing the second atm intake on intakes; just to double check something here, If you go to /GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches, do you have a Mk2X_AtmIntake.cfg? And a ModuleManager.dll somewhere in /Gamedata?

I reinstalled ModuleManager and that fixed my problem! Thanks so much.

I just want to point out that I made a mach 1 rcs drone simply by using 8 of the ACS blisters powered only by two circular intakes and about 2 large static panels worth of solar energy.

Mind you it has literally no payload other than 2 batteries and a reaction wheel, but I'm surprised how efficient these things are.  I'm going to attempt to make an actual jet with these now and see if it still works this well...

Until then, enjoy this succ powered guided missile:unknown.png

Edit: Also, very gleeful over the changes to banshee and j edgar engines!

Edited by Marxon

Hey. I have been playing around with the mod and discovered some minor issues:

1) The ESTOC engines fire the smoke trail backwards, that is to the front. (Or might that be a wrong installation on my part?)

2) The Banshee engines have a strange drag behaviour: when closing the cover, the drag drops for the time of the animation, but once fully closed, the drag jumps up back to the same value as it was when open. 

These are really minor problems though, and the main reason I am writing is to thank you for this wonderful mod. I literally just made my first account here (this being my very first post) to let you know how amazing this mod is and how amazing you are for still maintaining it. Definitely one of my favourite mods out there.

On another note, it seems that the back/stack mounted lift fan gets locked in place after it toggles its deployment state once, like so: Cannot change its deploy state once the engine has been activated:

unknown.png

EDIT: Removing vtol gimbals patch fixes the issue!

Edited by Marxon

Meanwhile, found it curious that by far the most drag on my vtol was being produced by... the lift fans.
unknown.png

I'm very pleased with the changes to the vtol parts nonetheless, this is working beautifully!

Okay so I put 24 acs blisters on a small plane and tried to see how fast it would go:

Spoiler

airhog_editor.png

Answer? Very:

airhog_flight.png

Can we say this is perhaps a bit overpowered?

On another note, I can confirm that using the vtol gimbals patch does not play nice with most vtol engines, considering that without it they can still technically move but its at the full range of their rotation. With gimbals active and all normal controls disabled though, the resulting situation is a can of worms... Part of it may be that side mounted radial banshees seem to think they're 90 degrees off their actual orientation as pitch and roll controls are somewhat swapped.

Edited by Marxon

Any recommendation on which to use if I want to rotate the lift fans and the vtol engines without them freaking out? I know by enabling the default system it sort of... uses its full range of motion afforded by deploy toggle and gimbals, like to fight, especially with the stack mounted banshee fans.

Any information I can provide, just ask.

Edit: also noticed that at the very least, the models for the various configurable thrust blisters is offset from its actual origin

unknown.png

Edited by Marxon

I'm getting this warning from Module Manager:

[WRN 2019-05-15 16:54:57.684] more than one pass specifier detected, ignoring all but the first: Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale/@PART[M2X_RootChine*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL:FINAL
[WRN 2019-05-15 16:55:30.084] 1 warning related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale.cfg

Does anyone knows what is it about, can I ignore it? If not how do I fix it?

Edited by edemlama

1 hour ago, edemlama said:

Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale/@PART[M2X_RootChine*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL:FINAL

The second :FINAL on this line is your problem. It's a typo. You can ignore it or delete it in GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale.cfg to get rid of the warning.

On 5/16/2019 at 3:02 AM, Tonka Crash said:
On 5/16/2019 at 1:26 AM, edemlama said:

Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale/@PART[M2X_RootChine*]:NEEDS[TweakScale]:FINAL:FINAL

The second :FINAL on this line is your problem. It's a typo. You can ignore it or delete it in GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale.cfg to get rid of the warning.

I was about to report an unknown MM Warning coming from M2X_Tweakscale.cfg thanks for posting the solution, im sure SuicidalInsanity will push an update fixing this very soon

• 2 weeks later...

在1.7.1時,兩部分的接觸將消失對不起,我的英語非常破碎。

[English Translation]

At 1.7.1, the two parts of the contact will disappear. Sorry, my English is very broken.

x87COTg.jpg?1RrHaUlK.jpg?1

Edited by James Kerman
Added translation

Welcome to the forum @max7453.

We have an English only rule outside of the international section of the forum. We encourage you to use a service like google translate if you want to contribute to the general forum.

[Chinese Translation]

欢迎来到@ max7453论坛。 我们在论坛的国际部分之外有一条英语规则。如果您想参与一般论坛,我们建议您使用谷歌翻译等服务。

hey there it seems that the new update 1.7.1 borke all air intakes, first they all start closed and even if i open them my engines starv to death

EDIT:

seems some mod is makeing problems here NOT your one will update wehn i found it

Edited by ZEROX

I have the engine issue too, the log is far too large for a free pastebin so I found the error reports and put it here:

https://pastebin.com/HTUNMNxB

To confirm what was noted earlier, it looks like ModuleManager picks up these 8 errors and 1 warning (probably because I'm naughty and use old mods). I removed the physics.cfg to see if it clears the problem, but did not work. I will reload mechjeb when I have time to see if that works.

With a very amateur eye, it appears something in the ModuleManager physics is no longer linking up. The Intake resources aren't getting found in the general physics file.

Hope this helps.

S

Edited by CaptSmollett

On 6/2/2019 at 8:20 AM, max7453 said:

在1.7.1時,兩部分的接觸將消失對不起,我的英語非常破碎。

[English Translation]

At 1.7.1, the two parts of the contact will disappear. Sorry, my English is very broken.

x87COTg.jpg?1RrHaUlK.jpg?1

I looked at this and cannot duplicate the problem. Do you get any other errors? Please post your KSP.Log

@CaptSmollett @ZEROX I'm not seeing any problems with any air intakes Mk2 or otherwise with around 100 mods on 1.7.1. Can you post a KSP.Log?

13 minutes ago, Tonka Crash said:

I looked at this and cannot duplicate the problem. Do you get any other errors? Please post your KSP.Log

@CaptSmollett @ZEROX I'm not seeing any problems with any air intakes Mk2 or otherwise with around 100 mods on 1.7.1. Can you post a KSP.Log?

fund the issue as i mentioned it isnt your mod it is actually ksp interstellar expanded newest version, posted the bug there and hes aware of if.

So you can just forget i posted anything XD