[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

16 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

I looked at this and cannot duplicate the problem. Do you get any other errors? Please post your KSP.Log

@CaptSmollett @ZEROX I'm not seeing any problems with any air intakes Mk2 or otherwise with around 100 mods on 1.7.1. Can you post a KSP.Log?

Hi
1. Please tell me where you can find KSP.Log, I don't know much about the ksp message.
2 I use the exclusion method to exclude one by one, find a component that will interfere with you. But it will not be at 1.7.0, so I am not sure if it is caused by it.

PartVariant Color Tinting

// KSP Colors
@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModulePartVariants]] {
	MODULE {
		name = ModulePartVariants

VARIANT {
			name = KSP_Black
			displayName = Black

primaryColor = #2d2e2d
			secondaryColor = #2d2e2d

TEXTURE {
				_Color = #2d2e2d
			}
		}
			name = KSP_MetalGrey
			displayName = Metal Grey

primaryColor = #7b7d7b
			secondaryColor = #7b7d7b

_Color = #7b7d7b
			name = KSP_DarkGrey
			displayName = Dark Grey

primaryColor = #4c4f47
			secondaryColor = #4c4f47

TEXTURE {
				_Color = #4c4f47
			}
		}
		VARIANT {
			name = KSP_Orange
			displayName = Orange

primaryColor = #f49841
			secondaryColor = #f49841

_Color = #f49841
			name = KSP_Green
			displayName = Green

primaryColor = #737a5a
			secondaryColor = #737a5a

_Color = #737a5a
			name = KSP_Yellow
			displayName = Yellow

primaryColor = #e3b85f
			secondaryColor = #e3b85f

_Color = #e3b85f
			name = KSP_Red
			displayName = Red

primaryColor = #a52a29
			secondaryColor = #a52a29

_Color = #a52a29
			name = KSP_Blue
			displayName = Blue

primaryColor = #394563
			secondaryColor = #394563

_Color = #394563
			name = KSP_Cyan
			displayName = Cyan

primaryColor = #567988
			secondaryColor = #567988

_Color = #567988
	}
}

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModulePartVariants]:HAS[@VARIANT:HAS[!GAMEOBJECTS]]] {
	@MODULE[ModulePartVariants] {
		VARIANT {
			name = KSP_Black
			displayName = Black

primaryColor = #2d2e2d
			secondaryColor = #2d2e2d

TEXTURE {
				_Color = #2d2e2d
			}
		}
			name = KSP_MetalGrey
			displayName = Metal Grey

primaryColor = #7b7d7b
			secondaryColor = #7b7d7b

_Color = #7b7d7b
			name = KSP_DarkGrey
			displayName = Dark Grey

primaryColor = #4c4f47
			secondaryColor = #4c4f47

_Color = #4c4f47
			name = KSP_Orange
			displayName = Orange

primaryColor = #f49841
			secondaryColor = #f49841

_Color = #f49841
			name = KSP_Green
			displayName = Green

primaryColor = #737a5a
			secondaryColor = #737a5a

_Color = #737a5a
			name = KSP_Yellow
			displayName = Yellow

primaryColor = #e3b85f
			secondaryColor = #e3b85f

_Color = #e3b85f
			}
		}
		VARIANT {
			name = KSP_Red
			displayName = Red

primaryColor = #a52a29
			secondaryColor = #a52a29

TEXTURE {
				_Color = #a52a29
			name = KSP_Blue
			displayName = Blue

primaryColor = #394563
			secondaryColor = #394563

_Color = #394563
			name = KSP_Cyan
			displayName = Cyan

primaryColor = #567988
			secondaryColor = #567988

_Color = #567988
	}
}

// if has variants and has a variant that sets gameobjects, then do this; otherwise, just add normally

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModulePartVariants]:HAS[@VARIANT:HAS[@GAMEOBJECTS]]] {
	@MODULE[ModulePartVariants] {
		+VARIANT,0 {
			@name = KSP_Black
			@displayName = Black

@primaryColor = #2d2e2d
			@secondaryColor = #2d2e2d

%TEXTURE {
				%_Color = #2d2e2d
			@name = KSP_MetalGrey
			@displayName = Metal Grey

@primaryColor = #7b7d7b
			@secondaryColor = #7b7d7b

%TEXTURE {
				%_Color = #7b7d7b
			}
		}
		+VARIANT,0 {
			@name = KSP_DarkGrey
			@displayName = Dark Grey

@primaryColor = #4c4f47
			@secondaryColor = #4c4f47

%_Color = #4c4f47
			@name = KSP_Orange
			@displayName = Orange

@primaryColor = #f49841
			@secondaryColor = #f49841

%_Color = #f49841
			@name = KSP_Green
			@displayName = Green

@primaryColor = #737a5a
			@secondaryColor = #737a5a

%_Color = #737a5a
			@name = KSP_Yellow
			@displayName = Yellow

@primaryColor = #e3b85f
			@secondaryColor = #e3b85f

%_Color = #e3b85f
			@name = KSP_Red
			@displayName = Red

@primaryColor = #a52a29
			@secondaryColor = #a52a29

%_Color = #a52a29
			@name = KSP_Blue
			@displayName = Blue

@primaryColor = #394563
			@secondaryColor = #394563

%_Color = #394563
			@name = KSP_Cyan
			@displayName = Cyan

@primaryColor = #567988
			@secondaryColor = #567988

%TEXTURE {
				%_Color = #567988
			}
		}
	}
}

Edited by Val
Forgot a translation

@max7453 KSP.Log is in the install directory of the game in the same directory as the executable KSP_x64.exe.

I don't know what .cfg file you posted or what mod it comes from. If you have found the mod causing problems, you should post your problem to the thread for that mod.

To get a good log you need to make the error to happen then quit the game. Upload the log to a file hosting site like dropbox and paste a link here.

On 11/13/2015 at 9:21 AM, 129828 said:

This mod looks really awsome, maybe you should consider making a seperate catagory for filter extension

3,5 years later - is there a Filter Extension for this mod?

13 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@ max7453 KSP.Log位於遊戲的安裝目錄中,與可執行文件KSP_x64.exe位於同一目錄中。

我不知道你發布了什麼.cfg文件或它來自哪個mod。如果您發現mod導致問題,您應該將問題發佈到該mod的線程。

要獲得一個好的日誌,你需要讓錯誤發生然後退出遊戲。將日誌上傳到文件託管網站(如dropbox)並在此處粘貼鏈接。

thanks for your guidance.

.ksp.log

And that "PartVariant Color Tinting" comes from the Add-on Discussions in the forum.

PartVariant Color Tinting By Electrocutor,

Sorry, I know that it is a problem in 1.7.1, but it is currently only available to give me more colors. Others that provide color mods cannot be used by my computer. (It requires dx11, but I am dx12.)

Edited by max7453

@max7453 I can find in your log where the Mk2 Tricoupler is added and deleted in the editor, but there are no errors or warnings to indicate a problem.

I don't know how to fix your problem.

But if you have determined that 'PartVariant Color Tinting' causes the problem, you must decide if you want to keep using 'PartVariant Color Tinting'

17 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@ max7453  我可以在你的日誌中找到在編輯器中添加和刪除Mk2 Tricoupler的地方,但是沒有錯誤或警告來指示問題。

我不知道如何解決你的問題。

但是,如果您確定'PartVariant Color Tinting'導致問題,您必須決定是否要繼續使用'PartVariant Color Tinting'

Thank you for your help. I will consider going back to 1.7.0 or not using that little program..

• 3 weeks later...

Are the "Configurable ACS Blister" (four variants) part of this mod? They use intake air and electrical power to produce thrust. Which by the way is a brilliant idea! (Never run out of fuel)

If so, would it be possible to increase the thruster power? (Currently set at "2")

Made a few SSTO's that use 200+ ACS blisters to push a craft to the edge of space, where nukes can later circularize. A stronger variant of this would lower the part count considerably.

Yes, the ACS are from M2X. I'm not going to increase thruster power - I've heard arguments they're already too powerful - but ModuleManager has you covered:

@PART[M2X_ACSBlister]:FOR[Mk2Expansion]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleRCSFX]  
    {
        @thrusterPower = 20 // or 200, or 2000, etc
    }
}
Paste that into a .cfg inside /GameData and the ACS will be as powerful as you want.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love this mod.  It's usually THE first mod I install after a clean sweep.  (it happens... I'm messy with my installs...  but that is my problem and not the reason for this post.)

Lately I have noticed two parts that I am kind of missing though.

1: A high-ISP, low(ish) thrust, relatively lowtech vacuum engine for upper stages.  Think Terrier or Poodle. I currently use the Wedge in this role, but that's far from low-thrust, or low tech, and ISP is not that great either.

2: A scaled up electrical (Ion) engine.  The Spirit certainly has it's use, but I find myelf using a bicoupler and some variant of Hall-effect or Plasma thrusters from Nertea's Near-Future mod instead at some point.  A MK2 shaped variant of that would be nice  (even if it's the exact same model)

Also I sort of second "Redacted" on his notion of a purely electrical air-pushing engine, but why not make it a dedicated ENGINE.  I'm thinking the Vector would be a nice base design to work off of.

On 7/7/2019 at 10:16 AM, CorporalRutland said:

Daft question: why does the lab have 4 seats but only 2 crew capacity? Is there a way to unlock the other 2?

Balance with the stock 2.5m lab, mainly. As for 4 seats, yes. The Mk2 lab is actually already configured for 4 seats; just open the /GameData/Mk2Expansion/Parts/utility/Lab/part.cfg and change 'CrewCapacity' from 2 to 4.

On 7/17/2019 at 8:47 AM, Atlessa said:

Lately I have noticed two parts that I am kind of missing though.

1: A high-ISP, low(ish) thrust, relatively lowtech vacuum engine for upper stages.  Think Terrier or Poodle. I currently use the Wedge in this role, but that's far from low-thrust, or low tech, and ISP is not that great either.

2: A scaled up electrical (Ion) engine.  The Spirit certainly has it's use, but I find myelf using a bicoupler and some variant of Hall-effect or Plasma thrusters from Nertea's Near-Future mod instead at some point.  A MK2 shaped variant of that would be nice  (even if it's the exact same model)

Also I sort of second "Redacted" on his notion of a purely electrical air-pushing engine, but why not make it a dedicated ENGINE.  I'm thinking the Vector would be a nice base design to work off of.

1: M2X has been in need of better vac engines for a while now, so a reasonable request.
2: One one hand I'm sort of against adding a second, even more powerful ion engine (the Spirit, compared to the stock Dawn is already slightly OP), on the other it would justify the mass and output of the mk2 reactor, so maybe?
3: So... literally a jet engine, but electric. That would be another justification of the mk2 reactor's output, if nothing else. Maybe.

Here's an idea, a best of all worlds kind of one:

An engine that uses HIGH amounts of electricity and small amounts of liquid fuel (as reaction mass) to generate low thrust, high efficiency propulsion.  A Gauss engine of sorts.

... highly experimental. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 1:10 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Balance with the stock 2.5m lab, mainly. As for 4 seats, yes. The Mk2 lab is actually already configured for 4 seats; just open the /GameData/Mk2Expansion/Parts/utility/Lab/part.cfg and change 'CrewCapacity' from 2 to 4.

1: M2X has been in need of better vac engines for a while now, so a reasonable request.
2: One one hand I'm sort of against adding a second, even more powerful ion engine (the Spirit, compared to the stock Dawn is already slightly OP), on the other it would justify the mass and output of the mk2 reactor, so maybe?
3: So... literally a jet engine, but electric. That would be another justification of the mk2 reactor's output, if nothing else. Maybe.

Sweet, thanks for the reply! :)

(Lower-tier) Rocket engines. Vac-optimized engine, atmo-optimized lifter engine, and a long overdue overhaul of the dual-cycles.
amXe9Yf.png
Feel free to suggest names, otherwise the vac engine is probably going to get called the Corgi, and I have no idea what to call the other one.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

Can anyone help? I'm getting "1 warning related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale.cfg". I am using most recent versions of TS and MK2E. Is there a new config I could use floating around? MM is telling me that this will corrupt my save sooner or later, should I be worried? I have had zero issues thus far. Tried reinstalling both with no change.

Edited by vmatt1203

9 hours ago, vmatt1203 said:

Can anyone help? I'm getting "1 warning related to GameData/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_Tweakscale.cfg". I am using most recent versions of TS and MK2E. Is there a new config I could use floating around? MM is telling me that this will corrupt my save sooner or later, should I be worried? I have had zero issues thus far. Tried reinstalling both with no change.

Delete GameData/TweakScale/patches/M2X_Tweakscale.cfg . This patch is kaput, and SuicidalInsanity's patches are way better anyway. I'm deprecating this patch from the distribution, it will not be a problem anymore on the next Release [of TweakScale].

You got a "Houston", and yes, this can be harmful. it means that the patching is not deterministic and there're different patches trying to do something with TweakScale on a part. When this happens, the patch that "wins" is used to rule the scaling. The nasty problem is that by adding or deleting an Add'On, the order in which the patches are applied can change, and then another rule will "win" and be used to scale everything using that part, including the flying crafts. It was a riot on my savegame when I was hit by that.

Unfortunately I can't say you had zero issues before. You had zero detected issues before. Now they are being detected. I'm fixing every problem that is reported on the TweakScale thread (the "ok" button from the "Houston" send you directly to there!). Feel free to post there every time you think TweakScale can be bitting you.

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
tyops, tyops, tyops everywehre!!!

12 hours ago, vmatt1203 said:

There's a second :FINAL that didn't get deleted in the in the M2X_RootChine* entry (bottommost entry in the /Mk2Expansion/patches/M2X_Tweakscale.cfg) that's throwing a warning. It'll be fixed next release (should be the next day or so).

On 7/21/2019 at 8:10 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

I also have the same problem, thank you for your help.
But after the change, the 3rd and 4th person in the lab can't find it (in the lower right person's head in the picture). I can only click the lab to do the mobile and not the person's avatar option to do EVA and mobile.

xD6j0Ta.png