[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

Thanks for the quick response! Parts are showing up now, I thought perhaps it was just me messing up the install previously. But now they're coming in times two, doubled, cloned parts. I can't find any differences between the two, but it seems like every part is doubled? I did a clean reinstall as well, to be sure. Am I doing something else wrong, now?

This doesn't effect usability so far, which seems fine. I just really wanted to try out your wonderful parts!

Did you just drag and drop the previous version into GameData? If so, you should find a folder called 'parts'. Delete it.

FollowingGhosts: Which engines? All of them?

First of all this is a great set of parts and thanks for making them. There is just one small problem with the fuselage VTOL engine, it produces thrust when it is not in hover mode which seems odd given that there is no outlet for the thrust to go through. I don't know if this was your intention or not. Thanks again, looking forward to seeing more parts.

Did you just drag and drop the previous version into GameData? If so, you should find a folder called 'parts'. Delete it.

FollowingGhosts: Which engines? All of them?

The ESTOC one doesn't seem to generate power, it seems like the others now do again

There is just one small problem with the fuselage VTOL engine, it produces thrust when it is not in hover mode which seems odd given that there is no outlet for the thrust to go through. I don't know if this was your intention or not. Thanks again, looking forward to seeing more parts.

Known issue, and will be fixed with the next update.

The ESTOC one doesn't seem to generate power, it seems like the others now do again

That is correct. the ESTOC, like its smaller brother the RAPIER, does not generate Ec as a balancing measure.

Hooray, you have a review by Kottabos Games!

Ha ha, that's awesome! I certainly wasn't expecting such a glowing review, or so soon.

Edit: While I still have the J Edgar HV-R VTOL engines on my mind, would you guys prefer to have them be given Firespitter VTOL control/functionality, or leave them as is?

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

Edit: While I still have the J Edgar HV-R VTOL engines on my mind, would you guys prefer to have them be given Firespitter VTOL control/functionality, or leave them as is?

I would prefer them to be given the firespitter VTOL control but that might be because I can't fly VTOl's. Thanks for the updates

Two suggestions:

1: Put this on CKAN

2: Put the video review in the OP

I wasn't very interested in this, until I saw the video by Kattabos demonstrating the parts. Now I wish it were on CKAN, so I could install and update it easily.

Nice job, the models look great. I hope they perform just as well.

I assume you're referring to the lines not matching up with the fuel fuselage? Shouldn't be a problem; all current parts got cosmetic tweaks that will be included in the next update. I'm currently finalizing a few new parts, and should, schedule permitting, have the update out late Tuesday or Wednesday.

I assume you're referring to the lines not matching up with the fuel fuselage? Shouldn't be a problem; all current parts got cosmetic tweaks that will be included in the next update. I'm currently finalizing a few new parts, and should, schedule permitting, have the update out late Tuesday or Wednesday.

Cool beans. Can't wait to see the new parts. Keep up the good work!

My first 1.0.2 spaceplane, made possible by this mod. Thank you, SuicidalInsanity :D

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The spade tail, chines and intakes are the parts used, it'd have been impossible in stock. Also, this is with nuFAR - pleased to report no major issues (except the chines seem to create a bit too much lift).

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Okay, what's the catch with the Ramjets? I can't get them to perform as advertised... Got up to Mach 1 and they just... sat there. I couldn't go any faster. Adding some rockets to kick it to Mach 1.5 solved the issue, but still... Perhaps you can add a small, deployable (if not too much of a hassle), low-profile rocket booster with an internal Oxidizer supply (no fuel needed: just tap off the aircraft's supply) to help get you over the hump.

Two suggestions:

1: Put this on CKAN

2: Put the video review in the OP

I wasn't very interested in this, until I saw the video by Kattabos demonstrating the parts. Now I wish it were on CKAN, so I could install and update it easily.

Nice job, the models look great. I hope they perform just as well.

Seconded on putting this on CKAN.

Great work though!

Also, there seems to be some odd shading on your parts. Darker on the leading edges and lighter on the back ends. I don't kno why, I know nothing about modeling.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

(Three of your parts are on this bird. The intake, the engine and the inverter. Each seems to have some shading issue.)

Were you using the ram intakes? I seem to be getting a huge amount of drag off of them.http://i.imgur.com/HeffcBS.jpg

The Mantas. Here, have a look at the ship in question...

OLScb6A.png

I'll post some more angles in a few minutes.

EDIT: new pics...

eRLhuZX.png

2M6qDBz.png

aCYZQN2.png

2GNVaX2.png

She's a heavily modified version of the sample SR-71 included with the pack. 40.428 tons on launch, with twin Afterburn turboramjets from this pack and a quartet of Bahamuto Dynamics ILX-40 retractable engine to provide some extra kick to get her transsonic and suborbital. Goal is to eventually be able to make orbit with it, but the fuel burn required during the transsonic phase is killing me. I have to run the rockets from Mach 0.97 all the way to Mach 1.47 before the Afterburns will be self-accelerating. Total time for that is about 20 seconds, so you can imagine how much more useful it'd be to have that burn up higher, not down around 7-8 km.

Edited by MaverickSawyer

The Mantas. Here, have a look at the ship in question...

May I suggest an experiment? Replace the mantas with empty mk2 bicouplers with shock cone intakes and see if the plane gets past the transonic drag easier. I suspect it will (although it certainly won't look as nice).

May I suggest an experiment? Replace the mantas with empty mk2 bicouplers with shock cone intakes and see if the plane gets past the transonic drag easier. I suspect it will (although it certainly won't look as nice).

I will give that a try later tonight.

Hmm... *looks at parts list* Might have a Jeb-worthy idea here... I'll post pics later.

Okay, field testing has been completed...

It is NOT the intakes, and I encountered this issue with an earlier prototype with different engines... So that means it's most likely and airframe issue.

Bugger.

Back to the drawing board, then? Or do I need to break my "don't ditch ANYTHING" mantra and add some JATO packs to push her supersonic?

EDIT: Yeah, definitely an airframe issue, not an intake. And surprisingly, the Mantas actually provide the best performance AND most badass looks. So I need to add either drop tanks to provide more rocket burn time, or just need to revise the aerodynamics of it. :/

Edited by MaverickSawyer