[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

Okay, forgive me for the way off topic post, I've asked in other places and I've yet to get an answer, How do I post an album from Imgur, and make it show up like the ones on the previous page, and the first page of this thread??

Okay, forgive me for the way off topic post, I've asked in other places and I've yet to get an answer, How do I post an album from Imgur, and make it show up like the ones on the previous page, and the first page of this thread??

OFFICIAL FORUM FAQ: How do I embed images to the forum?

No offence but I literally found this answer within 10 seconds of searching. Typing this post took a lot longer.

The kerbal Space Program Forum BB code List may also be of help.

Edit: I've put up version 1.3.1 on kerbalstuff for those who want it - its basically a hotfix update, not much more, fixing the RCS transforms on the 2x5-way RCS blister and module manager patch syntax for various patches - they should work properly now. As a bonus, I've also thrown in a reworked Pluto and fishhead - just visual tweaks, nothing game changing.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity
Hotfix released

Weird, I'm getting the double Fuel Switch module issue yet again. This is after the updates to both Mk2Ex and CryoEngines. Last time, it seemed to resolve itself after restarting KSP, but I've tried that and it's still occurring.

Here are the relevant lines from output_log:

Config(@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]) CryoEngines/Patches/CryoEnginesFuelTankSwitcher/@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]

Config(@PART[mk2_HypersonicNose]:HAS[!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]) Mk2Expansion/Patches/Mk2X_FuelTankSwitch/@PART[mk2_HypersonicNose]:HAS[!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]

[ModuleManager] Applying node CryoEngines/Patches/CryoEnginesFuelTankSwitcher/@PART[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[LiquidFuel],@RESOURCE[Oxidizer],!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[!RealFuels] to Mk2Expansion/Parts/FuelTank/HypersonicNose/part/mk2_HypersonicNose

[ModuleManager] Applying node Mk2Expansion/Patches/Mk2X_FuelTankSwitch/@PART[mk2_HypersonicNose]:HAS[!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch]] to Mk2Expansion/Parts/FuelTank/HypersonicNose/part/mk2_HypersonicNose

Are you sure that chained "HAS[!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:HAS[!MODULE[interstellarFuelSwitch]]" is correct?

Is anyone else using this mod and CryoEngines *not* getting this issue?

Edited by curiousepic

@banksempire; I was basing mass off of the stock structural hub, which is 1.5 tons.

@ABZB;The last time I tested it, the MFT patch seemed to work with Real Fuels - remove the Fuelswitch patch.

@curiousepic; Just tried it with the newest version of Cryo Engines, and you're right. Seems the MM patch worked with the old version of CE, but not the new. This fixes that

{
MODULE {
name = InterstellarFuelSwitch

resourceNames = Structural;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel

resourceAmounts = 0;360,440;800

tankCost = 0;0;0
displayCurrentTankCost = true

hasGUI = true
showInfo = true

availableInFlight = false
availableInEditor = true

basePartMass = 0.57
tankMass = 0;0;0
}

}

@PART[mk2InverterFuselage]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]

{
MODULE {

resourceAmounts = 0;360,440;800

tankCost = 0;0;0

hasGUI = true
showInfo = true

availableInEditor = true

basePartMass = 0.57
tankMass = 0;0;0
}

}

@PART[mk2_SupersonicNose]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]

{
MODULE {

resourceAmounts = 0;45,55;100

tankCost = 0;0;0

hasGUI = true
showInfo = true

availableInEditor = true

basePartMass = 0.27
tankMass = 0;0;0
}

}

@PART[mk2_SpadeTail]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]

{
MODULE {

resourceAmounts = 0;90,110;200

tankCost = 0;0;0

hasGUI = true
showInfo = true

availableInEditor = true

basePartMass = 0.27
tankMass = 0;0;0
}

}
@PART[mk2UST]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]
{
MODULE {

resourceNames = Structural;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer;LiquidFuel;MonoPropellant;LiquidFuel,Oxidizer,MonoPropellant

resourceAmounts = 0;45,55;100;200;36,44,120

tankCost = 0;0;0

hasGUI = true
showInfo = true

availableInEditor = true

basePartMass = 0.57
tankMass = 0;0;0
}

}
@PART[mk2_HypersonicNose]:HAS[!MODULE[InterstellarFuelSwitch],!MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX],!MODULE[ModuleEngines],!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]]:NEEDS[!modularFuelTanks]:NEEDS[!RealFuels]

It's the DeadlyReentry/DRE config file. Delete it in the Mk2Explansion\Patches folder and you're good.

Someone forgot to script it so that it only becomes active when DeadlyReentry is installed.

It lowers the maximum heat temperatures of some parts.

@Bit Fiddler;The picture would help.

like this but without using the Chines. Just the Mk2 body with an inset. the RCS could even be built into the body section and have it include a Reaction wheel as well. sort of an all-in-one attitude adjuster. Just for saving on parts, I would not need to use the chines in this case.

Screenshot%202015-06-07%2020.39.44.png

Also; there are a few Mk2 parts mods out there, and I have all of them installed that I can find, as the Mk2 is my favorite system for ssto craft. Maybe you could get together with the other authors and combine into one pack, so the textures all match, and the part count will not be so high for the redundant parts.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

@*Aqua*;Nice! Where did you stick the landing gear on that?

@medikohl;The DRE patch was using :FOR instead of :NEEDS causing it to apply the lower max temp even if DRE wasn't installed. This was fixed in the 1.3.1 hotfix, or you can simply delete that patch like *Aqua* said.

the RCS could even be built into the body section and have it include a Reaction wheel as well. sort of an all-in-one attitude adjuster. Just for saving on parts, I would not need to use the chines in this case.

That sounds like the Stability Control RCSAS module added in version 1.2; pitch/yaw RCS plus a reaction wheel.

@*Aqua*;Nice! Where did you stick the landing gear on that?

@medikohl;The DRE patch was using :FOR instead of :NEEDS causing it to apply the lower max temp even if DRE wasn't installed. This was fixed in the 1.3.1 hotfix, or you can simply delete that patch like *Aqua* said.

That sounds like the Stability Control RCSAS module added in version 1.2; pitch/yaw RCS plus a reaction wheel.

Yes that was my point. you could duplicate this part with the sides recessed to allow for wings on the Mk2. without using the chines.

And as a side note. do the Chines produce lift in FAR?

@Bit Fiddler; Chines in nuFAR will generate a little lift - the ESTOC example craft shows this off to good effect; chines will also help with nuFAR's area ruling.

@TomatoSoup; No,no it is not. Thats supposed to be in 'subsonicFlight' like the rest (Yes, these parts shouldn't technically be in with subsonic bits, but the node's position in the tech tree was what led me to use it).

Update 1.4 is finally here, featuring new parts and reworked textures and models of old ones for Genuine Imitation Spamjet goodness.

Version 1.4

============

-new part: Dropship cockpit w/IVA

-new part: Advanced Hypersonic cockpit W/IVA

-new part: Mk2-1 single seat cockpit w/IVA

-new part: tricoupler

-new part: R4-D Nuclear Thermal Jet

-new part: MATTOCK engine

-new part: Mk2 crewed Science lab jr.

-model rework: Hypersonic Nosecone; new texture, RCS thrusters

-model rework: nosecap; new texture, rCS thrusters

-fixed CTT MM patch - Wing root chines no longer in improved Nuclear Propulsion

-added RPM IVA MM patch

Download from Kerbalstuff

Update 1.4 is finally here, featuring new parts and reworked textures and models of old ones for Genuine Imitation Spamjet goodness.

--------

Download from Kerbalstuff

My god man, what have you done? So much awesome can't be contained in such a small package, it must violate the laws of physics, or the universe, or something? right? Must download now.... :D:sticktongue: