[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

Mk2 and Mk3 part suggestions;

1) Mk3 formfactor SRB

2) Mk3 VASIMR

3) Mk2 dark matter drive powered by Xenon

4) Mk3 inverter cockpit

5) Mk3 space cruiser cockpit with Discovery-esque windows

6) Mk3/Mk2 inflatable centrifuges (I know this has been suggested before, but see what you can do)

Also, can you show me another WIP model of the Cyclops cockpit and the IVA model?

Edited by AJTheMighty

@Blowfish: I don't know what half of those variables are. Given the the issues the Mk2Expansion AJE patch has had, and that AJE ships with MM patches for most of the other aircraft mods out there, would it make sense to hand over the mk2Expansion patch and have it maintained on AJE's end rather than Mk2Expansion's and add it into AJE's collection of mod patches?

That might make sense, but a couple of things: (1) There a large number of parameters for each engine, many of which can only be set off of real-world engine stats. Do all of the jets in this mod have reasonable real-world equivalents, or at least reasonable equivalents already in AJE? (2) Given the large number of mod configs that AJE already has, I can't guarantee that updates would be processed in a timely manner. Someone (probably a person using both AJE and the Mk2 expansion) would have to notify us of the change.

having trouble getting this to work, second time i've tried to install it. different installs, same hangup as on the previous one.

HMPeRvK.png

the only part in that folder is the reactor, and there's no reference in the cfg to that callout, so there's another part somewhere trying to reference it (im guessing).

but it hangs on the load and only resort is alt-f4... and therefore no logs

edit: apparently its something with the MM configs for the interstellar patch, but im clueless as to those, its all greek to me.

Edited by BobsYerUncle

having trouble getting this to work, second time i've tried to install it. different installs, same hangup as on the previous one.

http://i.imgur.com/HMPeRvK.png

the only part in that folder is the reactor, and there's no reference in the cfg to that callout, so there's another part somewhere trying to reference it (im guessing).

but it hangs on the load and only resort is alt-f4... and therefore no logs

edit: apparently its something with the MM configs for the interstellar patch, but im clueless as to those, its all greek to me.

I'm most certain you forgot to install "CommunityResourcePack".If you don't want the whole pack,i use this resources to work with Mk2 expansion.

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = EnrichedUranium // Nuclear fuel
density = 0.01097000000
unitCost = 865.0000000
isTweakable = true
flowMode = NO_FLOW
transfer = NONE
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = DepletedFuel
density = 0.01097
flowMode = NO_FLOW
transfer = NONE
isTweakable = false
unitCost = 0
}
RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = IntakeAtm
density = 0.005
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
isTweakable = false
unitCost = 0
}

@BobsYerUncle; That's a part added by the mk2-KSPI integration mod. I would suggest asking in the mk2-KSPI integration thread if they know whats going on; without seeing your output_log.txt, the best advice I can give is remove the integration mod to remove what ever is causing the hangup.

Having the same issue as BobsYerUncle, catches on Mk2Expansion/Parts/Utility/Reactor/part/M2X_Generator_CP, Definitely have CRP installed, (reinstalled it three times just in case), and I'm not sure where/how to post the output_log or I would. So, if you could point me towards that I'll respond when I can. :) Any help would be appreciated. (Also going to go see if I can hunt out the integration thread to see if there might be a solution there)

Edit: Tested and confirmed that without the Integration patch it loads to menu fine. (Probably should have done that BEFORE posting, oh well..)

Edited by NoahAldritt

Hey, beautiful mod! With the 1.0.5 update though, some window textures are missing. Could you update it please?

Basically, the window are missing because Squad's mk1cockpit is totally different, now (no more the same model-texture).

I copied the old texture from 1.0.4, and redirect the link in the model, and all is working as before.

Suicidal... you could do it in a more definitive way, storing it once in your mod, in a pre-decided path (like a common asset), where your models could referr.

(I'm saving the old cockpit as a whole, because I find it better for some roles than the new one)

Version 1.6.10 KSP 1.05 compatibility update is up, available from KerbalStuff or GitHub.

Version 1.6.10

==============================

-KSP 1.05 update

-Fixed missing textures from Squad part depreciation

-New Part: F4-C Turboprop Engine

-New Part: Mk2 Airlock Endplate

-New Part: R-4 'Mongrel' Rocket VTOL engine

-New part: Mk2 Precooler

-Jet engines now have thrustdamagemultipliers

-G-120 "Vector" Turbojet Engine now has an afterburner

-SC-TD Multipurpose cockpit IVA tweaks

-Mk2 Sci-lab IVA tweaks

-Fixed Shrouded solar panel symmetry

-Chines now have stack attach nodes

-Firespitter added as a dependancy

-Reduced NUK-3 Aircraft Fission reactor weight

-Reduced 'Spirit' Ion Engine Ec requirement

-Reduced 'Spirit' Ion Engine ISP by 20%

Version 1.6.11 hotfix is now up. It fixes a few things that I missed during the initial updating to KSP version 1.05

Version 1.6.11

======================================================

hotfix for varous things

-Mk2 endcap textures now working

-RCS chine segments now have nodes

-Restored the PG RCS chine

-Engines now have heatconductivity

-Mk2 reactor now has core temperature mechanic

-Turboprop now has identifying name

main difference is the NUK-3 Aircraft Fission Reactor now has a core heat mechanic - this means radiators are now required; the reactor can and will explosively meltdown without them

Hey, I got the new 1.6.10 version of this, but all the parts disappeared! I'm now sad since I can't play my career save since my Kerbinport Space station has four of the OMS pods from this mod on it, and I don't want to lose it. Also, I miss the parts, and my Retaliation class Landcruiser is in limbo due to its having the nuclear reactor from this mod. I think I installed it write, I got rid of the old version.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I will install the new version this weekend an see if it works. If I can get my tech privileges back...

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I have the latest version of Firespitter too.

Seem to have encountered a bug with the reactor: it sometimes just outright fails to start. I've put two practically identical vessels in orbit, and one's reactor just does not want to generate any power, or heat for that matter. I've tried restarting the reactor, time warping, switching craft, and restarting the game. It does not seem to want to function.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Fbgjt3q.png[/img]

(Yes, the basic design is pretty much lifted from the examples album. I felt it was a good design and made some modifications to it)

@Generalstarwars333;Lack of firespitter would only break the turboprop. Since most of the parts are unchanged from the previous version, for all of them to suddenly disappear suggests an improper install. I would double check/do a reinstall of the mod to confirm that the parts are appearing in the GameData/Mk2Expansion directory.

@iospace; Are there reproducible steps to getting the reactor to not work, or is it random? The reactor uses the same code as the stock ISRU - are you seeing similar behavior from that?
Edit: Do you have NFE installed? Edited by SuicidalInsanity