-Removes extraneous :FOR MM syntax
-Aerospike mass, thrust reduced
-ESTOC Isp reduced to 310
-Adds B9PS tank type localization
-Mk1 Chines now properly configed for FAR
-All Mk2 parts now have proper Crash Tolerance/MaxTemp/BreakingForce values
-Adds optional 4 seat lab MM parch

17 hours ago, SeucheAnemone56 said:

What does the radial mount? how to use it?

It is a hardpoint that lets you attach mk2 parts that can't be surfaced attached. Just stick it somewhere, then add parts to it.

@max7453 - That's due to me forgetting a step in the process - In Mk2Expansion/Spaces/CrewedLab/ there's two .cfg files, internal.cfg and 4seatinternal.cfg. Delete the internal.cfg.
Alternatively, I've added an optional MM patch (Extras/Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_4seatlab) that handles configuring the lab for 4 seats in the latest M2X update.

10 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

It is a hardpoint that lets you attach mk2 parts that can't be surfaced attached. Just stick it somewhere, then add parts to it.

Attach the Mk.2 parts to the mount or vice versa?

Future Requests:

Spoiler

- Inline Landing gear (2 sizes) 

- Aerodynamic Chine w/ inbuilt lamp

- Aerodynamic Chine w/ unfoldable antenna

- Vertical angled Structural part (but endings should be parallel) 

- Inline grabbing unit

Edited by SeucheAnemone56

6 hours ago, SeucheAnemone56 said:

Future Requests:

Hide contents

- Inline Landing gear (2 sizes) 

- Aerodynamic Chine w/ inbuilt lamp

I like these ideas. Away with the cargo bay and sticking landing gears in em.

The light chine is more of a novelty i think. Personally i find it hard to use the chine sometimes considering there isnt an angled version for forward nose mointing and it looking good. But to each their own?? I think if a new chine part was added it should be one that attaches inline like a decoupler..with angled chines on the outer edge made specifically for one of the mk2 nose cones. With outer attach points to further the chine back. Just my opinion tho

9 hours ago, SeucheAnemone56 said:

Also, requests:

Attach anything you want to the mount, really. Most players will likely use it with further Mk2 parts, but there's nothing stopping someone from attaching, e.g. a Mainsail or Mk3 passenger cabin to one. They're there so if you have a ship you're working on, and you want to add additional stacks to the ship, be it secondary hulls, engine nacelles, etc. instead of having to find a fuel tank or similar to radially attach so you have something to attach the rest of the outrigger parts to (since not all parts have surface attach enabled, or require rotation and offset after placement), you can use a Mk2 Radial Mount to do the same thing. There's two mounts, A and B, so you can choose between parallel or perpendicular orientation for the new mk2 stack; place the mount on the ship where you want the secondary hull to go, and then you can use the mount as a parent part to build off of.

Re: part requests - I'm going to have to pass on the landing gear; ever since the, ah, 'improvements' to landing gears back in 1.1, whatever changes they made mean I no longer know how to do those.
The chine w/ light is a good idea; the stock illuminators are a bit chunky for aircraft use. The antenna not so sure about, if only because a deployed antenna will break in flight.
The vertical structural bits - I'm guessing something like the current J/T/X hubs, but with dorsal/ventral attach nodes? Shouldn't be too hard.

JesustheBird - chines on cones has always been suboptimal - most of my designs involve using the offset tool to get them all lined up pretty. The main problem I can see with a inline chine is which nosecone is it built for? They're all different; making a chine attachment for one would mean having to make one for all of them. That said, I can poke at the concept a bit, maybe come up with something that would work.

15 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

JesustheBird - chines on cones has always been suboptimal - most of my designs involve using the offset tool to get them all lined up pretty. The main problem I can see with a inline chine is which nosecone is it built for? They're all different; making a chine attachment for one would mean having to make one for all of them. That said, I can poke at the concept a bit, maybe come up with something that would work.

Yea that would be a tiny issue. Especally since there are other mods that provide mk2 nose cones. Only real reason to make something like that would be for a crisper recreation of an sr71 cockpit i would imagine. The pointy chine is hard to use at the nose and needs to be angled and clipped to avoid the fangs poppin out the side kind of weird look.

I dont like to ask flat out for new things. I more appriciate the continued support for your mod over all else. If you wanna poke around with the concept, by all meens i welcome it. But i love your mod regardless of having a specific chine added in for a very specific purpose. Ill make due either way. ;)

5 hours ago, serjames said:

Hi, thanks for the update. I got a CKAN error when I try to install though. Not seen anyone else mention it. So thought I better let you know.

1Whuoel.png

I am getting the same.

在2009年8月23日下午2:27,SuicidalInsanity說:

M2X 1.8.6現已上線.SpaceDock | GitHub上的上

揭示隱藏的內容

- 新部件:'Corgi'真空火箭發動機
- 新部件:'Trident'火箭發動機
- 新部件:Mk2 Bicoupler
-Part返工:ESTOC
-Part返工:MATTOCK
-Hypersonic Cockpit IVA調整 -
混合Mak2 Endak上的Tweakscale錯誤
-Fixes TweakScale根。中國上的警告
-移除無關:FOR MM語法
-Aerospike質量,推力減少
-ESTOC Isp中減少到310
-Adds B9PS坦克類型定位
-Mk1現在適合FAR的中文
-所有Mk2的部件現在都有適當的碰撞容限/ MaxTemp / BreakingForce值
-Adds可選4座實驗室MM烘乾

這是一個硬點,可以讓你附加無法浮出水面的MK2部件。只需將它貼在某處,然後添加部件即可。

@ max7453 - 這是因為我忘了這個過程中的一個步驟 - 在Mk2Expansion / Spaces / CrewedLab /中有兩個.cfg文件,internal.cfg和4seatinternal.cfg。刪除internal.cfg。
或者,我添加了一個可選的MM補丁(Extras / Mk2Expansion / Patches / M2X_4seatlab),用於在最新的M2X更新中處理4個座位的實驗室配置。

In the new version (1.8.6), the third kerman will be invisible in the lab.V3dBLHJ.png

Edited by max7453
The version used is the latest (v1.8.6).

4 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Figured out what was going wrong with the 4 seat lab. M2X 1.8.6 has been reuploaded with the fix.

You really should update the version.  CKAN checks the file size at download time and reports an error if it is not correct (meaning the size it was when indexed)

22 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Figured out what was going wrong with the 4 seat lab. M2X 1.8.6 has been reuploaded with the fix.

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You really should update the version.  CKAN checks the file size at download time and reports an error if it is not correct (meaning the size it was when indexed)

This situation is a good demonstration of why this matters. Suppose a CKAN user installed the originally uploaded version of 1.8.6, then you found and fixed a bug. If you replace the download of 1.8.6 instead of releasing a new 1.8.6.1 or 1.8.7 version, CKAN will think that user is up to date because they have the latest version, and they won't get the fix update.

17 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

This situation is a good demonstration of why this matters. Suppose a CKAN user installed the originally uploaded version of 1.8.6, then you found and fixed a bug. If you replace the download of 1.8.6 instead of releasing a new 1.8.6.1 or 1.8.7 version, CKAN will think that user is up to date because they have the latest version, and they won't get the fix update.

Thanks to @HebaruSan for instructions. I only understand my problem. I downloaded it again and deleted the old one. This problem is gone.
Thanks again @SuicidalInsanity and @HebaruSan.

I'm having a problem with missing textures on the mk2 chines and some of the other aero parts:  adapter intake, aerospace mount, engine shroud, ram scoop, and twin circular.

I have restock and TU recolor depot, but from what I've seen, there are patches that solve any issues there. None of the whitelisting and config editing I've done has fixed it.

They show up as solid gray in the editor but turn white when I switch to the TU version.

The base textures still show up if I use the recolor UI, but uncolored areas are still white.

Screencaps

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 7:36 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

(Lower-tier) Rocket engines. Vac-optimized engine, atmo-optimized lifter engine, and a long overdue overhaul of the dual-cycles.
amXe9Yf.png
Feel free to suggest names, otherwise the vac engine is probably going to get called the Corgi, and I have no idea what to call the other one.

Thanks SO much for these.  Now to re-engineer my spaceplanes to employ them...

• 4 weeks later...

TweakScale now seems to check for duplicate settings and complain loudly about them.  It logged this error in my game:

[LOG 18:03:48.482] [TweakScale] WARNING: **FATAL** Found a showstopper problem on M2X.Endcap (Mk2 Airlock Adapter Endcap).
[LOG 18:03:48.482] [TweakScale] ERROR: **FATAL** Part M2X.Endcap (Mk2 Airlock Adapter Endcap) has a fatal problem due having duplicated properties - see issue [#34]( https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/TweakScale/issues/34 ).

And it looks like M2X_Tweakscale.cfg does indeed duplicate this entry which seems to cause the problem:

@PART[M2X_Endcap]:NEEDS[TweakScale]
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        type = stack
        defaultScale = 1.25
    }
}