[1.12.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.9.1 [update 10/5/21]

@biohazard15: How did that caps-typo slip in there? For renaming, you have to rename the MODEL node reference, not the one at the top of the cfg.

RE: the chine ideas - you are asking for a partial chine that can serve as a wing root, correct? That should take like 10 minutes to do.

Thanks on the cfg info, now I've got VTOL engine back :)

Chines: yes, exactly. For standard chine - wing chine adapter, it might be a "standard" chine on the one end which "fattens" on the other end, making a smooth transition from chine to wing's leading edge. (Note that it has to be modeled for wings, not wing strake - the latter is slightly thinner than other wing segments!).

Just a small part that make your plane look really rad :D

Update 1.2.2 is out. It can be downloaded if you want, but all it does is fix some typos and depreciate the KinetechAnimation plugin, which means 100% more CKAN compatibility! Assuming I did everything correctly, the mod should be up on CKAN in a little bit, whenever the next round of netkan pull requests goes through.

Edit: If you don't have hotrockets, delete the Mk2X_hotrockets.cfg from Mk2Expansion/Patches.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

Update 1.2.2 is out. It can be downloaded if you want, but all it does is fix some typos and depreciate the KinetechAnimation plugin, which means 100% more CKAN compatibility! Assuming I did everything correctly, the mod should be up on CKAN in a little bit, whenever the next round of netkan pull requests goes through.

Edit: If you don't have hotrockets, delete the Mk2X_hotrockets.cfg from Mk2Expansion/Patches.

I just looked and don't see it. What name would it be under?

I just looked and don't see it. What name would it be under?

It was added like half an hour ago so I think you might want to refresh your client https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/commit/7f83a42962d8dadde19a1bb4f77ba2f91ac27061

Best place to check what mods are in the works for being added is https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pulls and https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pulls rather than asking the author multiple times.

In my (heavily modded) install, parts from this pack seem to have 2 different InterstellarFuelSwitch modules applied to them, which causes them to have no resources in flight. Does anyone else get this or know what else might be applying the module?

EDIT: Fixed - this was because CryoEngines has a MM.cfg that gives IFS to all fuel tanks to allow them to contain LqdHydrogen. My fix is to just remove Mk2 Expansion's IFS .cfg

However, you may wish to alter the packaged .cfg to use :!HAS[MODULE[interstellarFuelSwitch]] which will prevent it from being applied if there is already an IFS patch applied to it.

Edited by curiousepic

@curiousepic; Cryo Rockets. Yeah, whats happening there is the Cryo Rockets MM patch is adding a Firespitter fuelswitch to all parts containing LF/O, the Mk2 Expansion MM patch adds Interstellar Fuelswitch to the mod fueltanks, resulting in duplicate GUI buttons.

Edit: After some testing, adding ,!MODULE[FSfuelSwitch]] solves the problem; incorporated into the .cfg for next update.

IDEA:

could you make a short Mk2 body part that has the RCS built into it such that they are recessed into the side flairs. so if you then place a wing over that body section the rcs ports will be recessed into a cutout and not be buried in the wing? or for that matter just make a generic body part with these notches on the side flair to give us a small spot to mount anything "under" a wing. If you need a picture to understand what I mean I would be happy to make one for you.

reasons for this are on a long space plane if you want to balance your RCS you have to place all your RCS ports on the upper or lower surface as the wings will be attached to the sides. however it would be more efficient on the thrust to have the rcs ports facing vertically, so a side placed RCS port is needed. as of now I just place them on the upper and lower surface on the angle just as you show in your pictures, but I have always wanted them in a small cutout between the body and the wing.

Just looking at your parts closer and a Combo RCS/Reaction wheel part is the ideal place for this side notch. just make it slightly narrower to accommodate an RCS port between it and the wing.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

Some ideas for the next update...

1) 1-seat Mk2 cockpit, Blackbird-style, with integrated nosecone. Useful for Kerbin exploration.

2) 1-seat inline cockpit, Blackbird-style. Useful for Kerbin exploration.

And of course, both parts would be extra-useful for recreating Blackbird :D

3) Half-sized (in size of Mk2 docking port) fuel tanks (LF\O and monoprop), passenger cockpit and cargo bay. Their usefulness is kinda obvious - for example, why would I need a standard "short" cargo bay if all I want to carry is a couple of scientific instruments?

While we are requesting parts, I just found the Mk2 station shaped parts. no we need an inline Mk2 shaped docking port, so we can assemble Mk2 shaped stations in orbit. Just saying, that would be grand.

:D

I have this error:

[LOG 21:33:10.404] PartLoader: Compiling Internal Space 'Mk2Expansion/Spaces/TunaPit/internal/TunaCockpit'
[ERR 21:33:10.406] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'Mk2StandardIVA' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/mk2CockpitStandardInternal/Mk2StandardIVA' to replace with

@Bit Fiddler;The picture would help.

@biohazard15; I have been planing to do a mk2 blackbird style cockpit that either ends in a point or a 1.25m front, the inline... hmm. possible.

Fuel tanks, you want mk2 fueslages half the length of the short fuselages?

As for the small cargo bay, I do have a short Service Bay in the works that offers some stowage space plus monoprop and Ec storage that might work for you.

@vardicd; Heh, I just finished modeling a mk2 shielded docking port.

@robson1000;Yeah, I see the problem, 'Parts' should be 'Spaces'.

Fuel tanks, you want mk2 fueslages half the length of the short fuselages?

As for the small cargo bay, I do have a short Service Bay in the works that offers some stowage space plus monoprop and Ec storage that might work for you.

Fuselages: yes, exactly that. They would be slightly smaller than Mk2 docking port (which is about 2\3 of short fuselage).

Service bay: awesome :)

Any chance of getting FAR compatibility? I notice that some of the parts (like the inverter fuselage) break FAR (apparent by the stock CoL arrow that FAR removes but shows up when an incompatible part is added).

MFT support would also be a wonderful, glorious thing.

@Jrandom: Done. I've just finished writing MM patches for FAR compatibility, DRE compatibility, MFT support and CTT integration. Any other major cross-mod support patches I should write?

!!OMG!! Thank you!

Erm... maybe check to see that RealFuels works with it? I don't know if that requires separate configs from MFT. And of course I'd love to see RealismOverhaul configs (size/mass/electric). since I'll be switching to RSS/RO as soon as they're ready for KSP 1.0.x. Oh hey, that reminds me: good TAC Life Support settings, maybe?

Alright, a quick test shows that the MFT configs work for Real fuels, with the caveat that the InterstellarFuelSwitch patch needs to be removed first, and there aren't engine configs for the Mk2X engines, so everything runs on keroLOX. The RO and TAC configs would take awhile, mainly since I am unfamiliar with both of them, and not totally sure what should be what in writing configs for them.

@ Midnight Jade: That's odd. As a guess, some problem with ATM. Do any other parts have the same problem? And does the debug menu (Alt+F12) debug tab have anything to say about that part?

Edit: tried it with ATM Basic, and no problems. New question: Do you have Ven's Stock revamp installed? If so, it has overwritten a number of files this mod uses. To avoid texture errors, the files:

Squad/parts/Aero/Wings/Wings.dds;

Squad/Parts/Command/mk1Cockpit/mk1Cockpit.dds;

Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model002.dds;

Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model004.dds;

Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineLV-N/model003.dds;

Squad/Parts/Utility/decouplerStackTR-18A/model000.dds;

will need to be restored, which can be done by renaming the file extension from .dds.bak to .dds

Insanity you nailed it! I looked up in my KSP.log and it complained about this:

[LOG 18:03:42.858] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Mk2Expansion/Parts/Engines/Aerospike/part/Mk2LinearAerospike'

[ERR 18:03:42.859] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model002' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail/model002' to replace with

I don't use the revamp, but I do tend to delete parts I don't use or don't like, to make Kerbal use less memory since I use a lot of mods.

I reinstalled the Mainsail from stock KSP, and now it loads the aerospike fine :) Pretty!

I like most of your parts, thank you for your work :)

Update 1.3 is here. A few new parts as well as cross mod compatibility patches for things like Modular Fuels/Real Ruels, FAR, DRE and so on.

Version 1.3.0

=============

-added new parts: mk1 scale chine pieces, short, long, end cap

-added new parts: Wing root chine pieces, short, long, adapter

-added new part: Service bay

-added new part: Service tank

-added new part: Mk2 Shielded Docking Port

-added new example craft (M2X) F-30 Solaire

-added thumbs to example craft

-added FAR compatibility

-added DRE compatibility

-added Community Tech Tree compatibility

-added Modular Fuel Tanks compatibility

*RCS, RCSHighEfficiency, Jet, and Oxy tanks are deprecated. Fuselage is ServiceModule with slightly higher mass (used for planes) and Structural is Default with the same basemass as Fuselage (used for planes when the tank doesn't need to be highly pressurized, or have electricity, life support, etc.)

Not sure where you got the info to write your MFT patch, but it seems a bit dated.