SuicidalInsanity

[1.9.x] Mk2 Expansion v1.8.7 [update 3/19/2020]

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

i think  that there should be a mk2 chine piece intakes and engines and wings that comes out of a chine piece

Edited by epicfailure2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

can you please make a custom part category to store all the parts from this mod? kinda gets confusing with the rest of the mods

 

Edited by amarius1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@amarius1 @SuicidalInsanity I use CCK patches to rearrange my parts menu. Below are the chunks dealing with Mk2 and Mk3 parts.  Air breathing engines get their own category. All together, I've added 13 categories to the VAB part menu on top of the categories CCK adds by default.

Spoiler

//****************************************************************************
// Make use of Community Category Kit to define new categories to declutter
// and rearrange parts menu. Idea is to try to isolate a category to parts with
// similar functions to reduce size of enormous categories (like fuel tanks)
// and try to keep categories small enough to limit scrolling. Utility is not 
// catch all for lack of thinking things out. 
//
// Order here affects menu order, first defined become bottom of list, but
// before hardwired CCK items
//****************************************************************************
@CCKExtraFilterConfig:FINAL
{
    Item
    {
	name = Mk3 Parts
	tag = cck-mk3
	normalIcon = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/cs_mk3
	usedByMod = Any parts with Mk3 Cross Section
    }
    Item
    {
	name = Mk2 Parts
	tag = cck-mk2
	normalIcon = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/cs_mk2
	usedByMod = Any parts with Mk2 Cross Section
    }
    Item
    {
	name = Air Breathing Engines
	tag = cck-airbreather
	normalIcon = Squad/PartList/SimpleIcons/R&D_node_icon_heavyaerodynamics
	usedByMod = Any part with airbreathing engines or intakes
    }
}
// ***************************************************************************
// 
// Rearrange categories for mod parts when they aren't showing in the parts 
// tree at all, delete category if it's being placed in both a default
// category and a CCK category, OR just change category to declutter menus
//
// ***************************************************************************
//
// Mk2 Form factor parts
@PART[*]:HAS[#bulkheadProfiles[*mk2*]]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]:FINAL
{
    @category = none
    %tags = cck-mk2
}
@PART[M2X_*Chine*]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]:FINAL
{
    @category = none
    %tags = cck-mk2
}
// Mk3 Form Factor Parts
@PART[*]:HAS[#bulkheadProfiles[*mk3*]]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]:FINAL
{
    @category = none
    %tags = cck-mk3
}
@PART[M3X_*Chine]:NEEDS[Mk2Expansion]:FINAL
{
    @category = none
    %tags = cck-mk3
}
// M3X Saddle Crew Compartment erroneously listed as a mk2 part, make sure other saddle parts are in Mk3
@PART[M3X_AdapterSegment,M3X_RCSCap,M3X_CrewSegment,M3X_EndSegment,M3X_IntakeSegment,M3X_LongSegment,M3X_AttachSegment,M3X_RCSSegment,M3X_ShortSegment]:NEEDS[Mk3Expansion]:FINAL
{
    @category = none
    %tags = cck-mk3
}
// Air breather parts - Intakes and Jet Engines (All form factors)
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]:HAS[@PROPELLANT[IntakeAir]]]:FINAL
{
    %category = none
    %tags = cck-airbreather
}

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, amarius1 said:

can you please make a custom part category to store all the parts from this mod? kinda gets confusing with the rest of the mods

 

you Can filter everything that is compatible with mk2 parts by his shape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

@amarius1 @SuicidalInsanity I use CCK patches to rearrange my parts menu. Below are the chunks dealing with Mk2 and Mk3 parts.  Air breathing engines get their own category. All together, I've added 13 categories to the VAB part menu on top of the categories CCK adds by default.

 

Please try not to share/release stuff that has :FINAL in them. It's really bad practice to do that because of how powerful the FINAL MM pass is, and that lots of mods make that basic mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Please try not to share/release stuff that has :FINAL in them. It's really bad practice to do that because of how powerful the FINAL MM pass is, and that lots of mods make that basic mistake.

If I wasn't clear these were from my personal patches. I wasn't suggesting they become part of the mod as is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a big problem with ASET 1.5 and RPM installed with this mod. RPM alone with this mod works just fine but when you add ASET 1.5 it seems to remove a lot of important instruments when in IVA and sometimes the monitors disappear too. I thought it might have been me at first but it seemed to work just fine with some other cockpit mods. Does anyone else have this issue?

Here are some pictures: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TGECeP-S233B-KoDgRTfXCZLPViCUB5CY4BL2xBLUoU/edit?usp=sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Frankstah said:

I'm having a big problem with ASET 1.5 and RPM installed with this mod. RPM alone with this mod works just fine but when you add ASET 1.5 it seems to remove a lot of important instruments when in IVA and sometimes the monitors disappear too. I thought it might have been me at first but it seemed to work just fine with some other cockpit mods. Does anyone else have this issue?

Here are some pictures: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TGECeP-S233B-KoDgRTfXCZLPViCUB5CY4BL2xBLUoU/edit?usp=sharing

ASET avionics is missing, you have only ASET props installed. Use ASET Avionics and all missing props will appear.

Edited by Manul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In case someone hasn't reported it - the J Edgar VTOL engine is missing a node in one of its variants. The following SUBTYPE needs the green bit to be added:

SUBTYPE
        {
            name = #LOC_M2X_JedgarF
            transform = Engine_base
            transform = Fairing
            transform = Pivot
            node = bottom
            node = top
            addedMass = 0.25
        }

 

EDIT: Also, I think the Fairing transform needs to go to the variant above it... Possibly. No fairing appears when attaching a part to the engine using the variant with 1/2 structure and a free stack node in the rear.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I downloaded this mod almost entirely for an Mk2 decoupler and it's the only piece I didn't get :( 

Any idea why or if it's something I can fix on my end?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, a Custom part category can be added.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:59 PM, AccidentalDisassembly said:

In case someone hasn't reported it - the J Edgar VTOL engine is missing a node in one of its variants. The following SUBTYPE needs the green bit to be added:

Good catch; I'll get that fixed.
 

18 hours ago, iamasmallbaby said:

Hey I downloaded this mod almost entirely for an Mk2 decoupler and it's the only piece I didn't get :(

Odd. It includes a decoupler. If you check your KSP install, does it include a /GameData/Mk2Expansion/Parts/Structural/Decoupler/ folder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit confused about the banshee fan engines. I thought I understood that they were meant to work on planets without oxygen, since they require liquid fuel _and_ oxidizer. That, and the description says so. But when I attempt to use them on Duna, they do not work. Specifically, the right-click context window for the engines says:

Prop Requirements Met: 0.00%
Thrust 0.0kN
Status: Flame-Out!
Cause: Air combustion failed

I've installed using CKAN, and changed nothing in the mod config files.Is there something I fundamentally missing?

If it's relevant, in the VAB, the propellants are listed as "liquid fuel", "oxidizer", and "fan intake air" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I checked the fan part CFG files, and they contain the following:

 

	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleResourceIntake
		resourceName = FanIntakeAir
		checkForOxygen = false
		area = 0.04
		intakeSpeed = 30
		intakeTransformName = Intake
		machCurve
		{
			key = 1 1 0 0
			key = 1.5 0.9 -0.4312553 -0.4312553
			key = 2.5 0.45 -0.5275364 -0.5275364
			key = 3.5 0.1 0 0
		}
	}

But the part is clearly still checking for oxygen. Am I perhaps posting this in the wrong thread? I'm not sure what to do from here.

Edited by Tokamak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: Okay, I feel really silly. I forgot just how thin Duna's atmosphere is, and didn't go deep enough. It turns out for there to be enough FanIntakeAir you have to be almost at the surface. Derp. I'll just leave this here in case anyone else has the same problem, so that they might find it and not repeat my mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 6:28 AM, amarius1 said:

can you please make a custom part category to store all the parts from this mod? kinda gets confusing with the rest of the mods

 

This mod has its own unique manufacturer that can be used for filtering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.