[WIP][1.0.2] Mk2 SR-71 - FantomWorks

Wow, this is amazing!

One of the best cockpits by far.

Could you also get the Lockheed D-21 in there too? It'd be a drone core, transitioning from cylindrical to Mk2 much more smoothly than the current MK1/Mk2 adaptor. We could then attack a shock air cone to it and strakes for our own D-21/SR-71 mother ship and drone combo.

PS: Download link?

Edited by TruthQuark
PS

wow looks cool! black version planned? keep it up!

I think I'd rather keep the stock-a-like texture. If the cockpit is black, then we'd need all the other mk2 parts in black too.

Did you recycle Mk2 textures for this or did you paint it yourself?

I recycled a small part to get the right colors so it will fit to the stock parts. But I painted most of it myself. I've never spent so much time on a texture, it's hard to let it look like a vanilla texture. And I'm still not completely satisfied... :D

Wow, this is amazing!

One of the best cockpits by far.

Could you also get the Lockheed D-21 in there too? It'd be a drone core, transitioning from cylindrical to Mk2 much more smoothly than the current MK1/Mk2 adaptor. We could then attack a shock air cone to it and strakes for our own D-21/SR-71 mother ship and drone combo.

PS: Download link?

That's a very nice idea :)

Looks very good... nice work. :)

Thank you :)

I CAN'T WAIT TO DOWNLOAD IT!!!!!

when do you plan to release it?^^

I think in the next couple of days I'll release the first version. So you all can have a closer look on it. Maybe you find some issues, or get some ideas how to make it better.

-Freddy

I recycled a small part to get the right colors so it will fit to the stock parts. But I painted most of it myself. I've never spent so much time on a texture, it's hard to let it look like a vanilla texture. And I'm still not completely satisfied... :D

That's ok. I was going to say to give credit to Porkjet, but those parts aren't mod parts anymore so they aren't covered by any attribution license afaik.

You know what?..... after i saw that part i was like: "hey it will be nice for some plane"

After i put it in my game folder and give it a try on my save, i knew i was wrong..... it wasn't a nice part, it was THE part!

The part that was missing in the game, it is the best part i have ever play with!

Thank you so much for that Freddyphantom^^

jshWwkX.png

Edited by S1000RRHP4

Thank you all for the awesome feedback, I'm so happy you like it, eventhough it's just in a early state! :)

No IVA.... :(

I just gave you a first 'in development' download, because some of you requested to take a look at it. So of course it's not complete ;) But I'm currently mainly working on the IVA.

I love the cockpit, but it has no collision mesh...

Really? :o Do others have the problem too? I thought I've added a collision mesh. But I'll look into it directly