[WIP][1.0.2] Mk2 SR-71 - FantomWorks

will you add this to your other cockpit pack once it is done? or will it always be a separate mod?

Its design is very different to the other parts, so I rather prefer to make it a seperate mod, but I'm not sure about it yet. What do you think?

Love it! Since 1.0 I've really gotten into spaceplanes under the new aero and this thing looks downright mean! Probably going to be the default Mk2 cockpit for my builds now.

Thank's man!! :)

-Freddy

Great cockpit man, one of the most beatiful around, a little suggestion, what about adding some wing strake part? something to attach to de side of the mk2 cross section to make it more sharp, i've seen something similar in the "mk2 expansion" mod, it would be great having something that fit with your cockpit

Great cockpit man, one of the most beatiful around, a little suggestion, what about adding some wing strake part? something to attach to de side of the mk2 cross section to make it more sharp, i've seen something similar in the "mk2 expansion" mod, it would be great having something that fit with your cockpit

I'd rather ask SuiciadalInsanity if he would like to add this part that fits to the sr71 cockpit. I think that's a better idea, then making it myself, so it will fit to his other chines (that's how he calls these parts)

makes no difference, just want to be sure I do not loose track of it is all.. :P

KR-71

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb9zj0gqgedmr4h/AAAS-HINMv4SN53qUJsn_nx5a?dl=0

Can you get to orbit with it?! :o

I noticed something: when I downloaded your "FantomWorks KAX+", I found the SR-71 cockpit inside the FantomWorks folder. It's awesome, but it still has stock lift properties, and I'm using nuFAR.

oh, that was not supposed to happen, I put the KR-71 Cockpit in the wrong folder :( ...it's an older test version, it shouldn't be in the actual mod.. I need to delete it from the mod, because it's far from being finished, I'm sorry... but here is an other download link for it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lqqwfvi1t6k2u7r/AAD5gJxW-xEBMWVul3vHzD2Za?dl=1

I'd rather ask SuiciadalInsanity if he would like to add this part that fits to the sr71 cockpit. I think that's a better idea, then making it myself, so it will fit to his other chines (that's how he calls these parts)

Can you get to orbit with it?! :o

LOL ORBIT?!?!?!?!?

it will not even get off the ground. but I have hopes. I am working on some tweaks. switch out most of the fuel tanks for the empty structural parts to save on weight etc. I will get back to you with updates if I solve the problems. I also may actually find a drawing with measurements and do the conversion to make it true to scale. this one is just an eyeball's guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update....

I found a drawing of the real deal and did some measurments. Went back and remade it as close to scale as I can. it does fly now, but needs a lot of work to get it just right. still no idea if it will make orbit. but I will get back to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qb9zj0gqgedmr4h/AAAS-HINMv4SN53qUJsn_nx5a?dl=0

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, so unfortunately there was a lot less time in the last month to work on my mods. I've built a raw cockpit for the SR-71..there is someone, who is helping me with the displays/gauges so I hope there'll be an update for it too ;)

gvHG80o.png

8PZd2CS.png

Very beautiful, just a litte report, the last release has some issues, at least for me, weird collision detection with the ground (it falls trough it and then explode) and also if i put kerbals into the cockpit they get stuck in it, there's no way to take them out

waiting patiently for the update:cool:

Edited by Stocchinet
typo

Very beautiful, just a litte report, the last release has some issues, at least for me, weird collision detection with the ground (it falls trough it and then explode) and also if i put kerbals into the cockpit they get stuck in it, there's no way to take them out

waiting patiently for the update:cool:

I'll release a seperate download for the KR-71 on KerbalStuff today. The problems with the collisions are fixed ;) I'll work on the problems with the kerbals.

Looking good Freddy!

Thank you :)

Wow, this is amazing!

One of the best cockpits by far.

Could you also get the Lockheed D-21 in there too? It'd be a drone core, transitioning from cylindrical to Mk2 much more smoothly than the current MK1/Mk2 adaptor. We could then attack a shock air cone to it and strakes for our own D-21/SR-71 mother ship and drone combo.

PS: Download link?

HEE HEEE!! :D I love this idea.

• 2 months later...
Could you also get the Lockheed D-21 in there too? It'd be a drone core, transitioning from cylindrical to Mk2 much more smoothly than the current MK1/Mk2 adaptor. We could then attack a shock air cone to it and strakes for our own D-21/SR-71 mother ship and drone combo.
That's a very nice idea :)

I actually just moved to Seattle... and guess what lives here? The surviving D/M-21 pair. If you want some pics to help get the locations right, I'd be glad to swing back by the Museum of Flight and grab them for you.

• 1 month later...
Hi! Will the work on this mod start again or it's dead forever? I don't want to put any kind of pressure on you, i just love your cockpit and it would be great to see it finished! :D

Hi, I'm not at home for 3 months since early September, and without my computer I can't really work on it, I'm sorry :(

But it's not dead, when I'm home I'll start working on it.

-Freddy