Radar altimeter for probe cores

Many if not all of the manned modules have radar altimeters to indicate the distance from a planet's surface but the probe modules all lack this functionality which seems to me like an oversight.

As far as I know the radar altimeter is only available in IVA mode and as the probes don't have an IVA that's why they don't have the feature.

There is a mod that adds the fuction (sorry for the standard answer) by adding the IVA of a probe control room in the KSC, can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but I'll try to find it for you.

Perhaps something like it could be added to stock and that would solve the problem?

EDIT: This is the mod I'm thinking of... still beta though.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-beta8a-IVA-All-the-things%21-new-3D-RPM-17

Edited by gmiddlemass

I think that radar altimeter part would be interesting as the placement of the RADAR antenna would matter(distance from ground in straight line from the direction of the antenna).

P04_F09_625.jpg

Edited by karolus10

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.