[1.12.X] Orbital Survey Plus v2.3.6

Wheffle

• 2 months later...

Tested and confirmed working for latest version of KSP (1.7.X).

I attempted to investigate and fix the slider issue with the tweakable "scan autocomplete" parameter in the settings menu, but apparently it's been a bug in KSP since 1.2.2. If someone knows better, please correct me. I do have a fix in mind that I could implement, but it would probably break current saves in at least a small way. It seems like a very tiny issue and it has a workaround so I'll leave it be for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 9:30 PM, jpinard said:

Dumb question here.  How does this differ from the scansat mod?

Not a dumb question.

OSP is lighter and more basic. No new parts, it simply hijacks the stock resource overlay system and changes the way the M700 works. It also adds a biome overlay toggle.

SCANsat adds a plethora of features like different kinds of scans and parts to go along with them (altimetry, biome, anomaly detection, etc.), cool map projections, more complex scanning mechanics (optimal distance for different scanners, fields of view, etc.), and probably other stuff I'm forgetting or don't know about. I believe it's more loosely coupled with the stock insta-scan system and can either co-exist with it or suppress it.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

well...the thread is inactive for quite a while, and the post just above me was the last of the mod author. But, since worse that can happen is me confirming that no support is available, I will ask anyway.

The option to display biome overlay is not showing up in map view,  everything else seems to be fine. Any chance there is someone around with a solution for that issue?

I thing is unlike that I learn enough coding to even start understand what all those strings and variables are supposed to do,  regardless of how much I like they doing its thing, so thank is advance for anyone with that skill spending  his time looking at it.

BTW, I'm aware of ScanSat, but I fell just like Kottabos describes in the review: instant scan of a whole planet seems weird but the extra complexity is more than I care for, this mod feels just right. 

• 1 month later...

@Spricigo I try to check this thread periodically, although I guess it took me a month to notice your comment. Sorry about that.

The option to view the biome overlay won't show up unless you have scanned at least a little bit of the planet, or the option for "biome overlay does not require scan" is checked. If one of those things is true and you still don't see it, then it may be a bug and let me know.

Edit: Also make sure you have the planet focused in the map view, not the ship. I chose to have OSP follow the same rules as the stock overlay buttons, in that they won't show up unless you focus the actual planet.

Also, I believe I have only tested OSP up to 1.8, so there is a small chance that any newer versions of KSP have introduced a bug. It's probably about time for me to test in newer versions, I've just been hanging around in 1.8 for my own current playthrough so I haven't gotten around to it.

Edited by Wheffle

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2020 at 3:00 PM, Wheffle said:

I try to check this thread periodically, although I guess it took me a month to notice your comment. Sorry about that.

No worries. Also, it goes without saying that took me a while to notice the answer too.

A few days after the request for support I figured out the button only show up with focus on the celestial body. I guess we can write it off as user error. :blush: 

So, reporting that is working fine in version 1.10.1. 

• 5 months later...

Finally got around to testing the mod in the latest version of KSP (currently 1.11.2 at the time of this post). Everything seems to work fine, kudos to the KSP devs for decent backwards compatibility in the last few updates (at least for OSP). I didn't do super thorough testing, so as always, please report any issues here.

• 11 months later...

Bumping to announce that after 84 years I finally got around to testing the current version of OSP in KSP 1.12.X. Everything seems to work as expected. As always, report any issues here and I will address them ASAP. KSP 1.12.X is apparently the final major release, so this is probably the last bump for compatibility. It's been fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 1:57 PM, Vl3d said:

Is this mod compatible with Kerbalism?

Kerbalism is notoriously incompatible with other mods unless explicitly listed in their compatibility list. OSP isn't on that list, the most similar mod on the list is SCANsat which has notes mentioning custom Kerbalism configs are required for compatibility. That doesn't mean OSP won't work with Kerbalism, it's just a gamble. I haven't personally tested it unfortunately. If you do end up giving it a shot, let us know!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.