Eve Surface Messed Up?

Not quite sure what's happening, but I sink into the surface of Eve about 1/3 to 1/2 of a Kerbal. While moving around, the kerbal will pop up to normal height and back down, sometimes even getting the prompt to climb over. It's not just visual, it slows the Kerbal down and makes it jerk around a bit. For some reason it's made my rover stand on two wheels and not come down, while bouncing around a bit every once in a while. Anyone seen anything like this?

I do have the following mods installed:

Editor Extensions

Kerbal Engineer

HyperEdit

MechJeb

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by ScottyDoesKnow

You don't have to make a new save, just go back to the space center and then back to your spacecraft through the tracking station will reset the scene so it works.

FYI, using hyperedit to end up in a different SOI also confuses MechJeb in my experience, so I do the above to make it happy.

You don't have to make a new save, just go back to the space center and then back to your spacecraft through the tracking station will reset the scene so it works.

FYI, using hyperedit to end up in a different SOI also confuses MechJeb in my experience, so I do the above to make it happy.

Definitely not the case for me. Still screwed if I reload. And the flags on the jetpack of my EVA'd kerbal are glowing red with the temperature danger animation. And the rover is hopping. No clue what's happening.

It should be noted that on Eve, glitches like this isn't that uncommon due to the increased gravity. I cannot recall having this happen to EVAers, but there have been plenty of times when my landing gear somewhat sinks through the ground, necessitating a very gentle landing. I don't consider this a glitch, I just think of the surface as being very sandy :)

Also, good luck getting that kerbal back to Kerbin, stuck or not :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.