Old Saves show mission reports from latest save

I have never deleted a mission report. I do use F5/9 during a flight, but I've also been using the escape key then choosing save game to manually save, then typing in a name. I have done the manual saves before and after flights. I recently killed a bunch of tourists during a rocket flight and tried to load an old manually saved game. All of my old saves display the same mission reports with 52 completed/1 failed. This is correct only for the most recent saved game. The old saves do have different levels of funding, building upgrades, tech unlocks, but they all have the same mission reports from my most recent save.

I do have 1 mod (chatterer), so maybe it is affecting mission report display?? I am using 64 bit Windows 8 via Steam running 32 bit KSP (I'm assuming here.. I did not seek out 64 bit KSP, just accepted what Steam gave me, so it must be 32 bit, right?), build id = 00842 (downloaded 2 weeks ago). I have an I7 2.7 GHZ with 32 GB RAM and 2X SLI NVIDIA 770 graphics cards with 3 gig each.

My questions:

1) If I load an old save, are the mission reports of this failed mission affecting my game? Maybe I should just ignore the mission report that says I failed because it isn't hurting anything or did each of my saved games take a reputation/funds hit?

2)Any suggestions?

Edited by DarkGravity

I started a new game, and this keeps happening. Any old saves display the mission reports from my newest save. I did check and verify that I have the most up to date version of chatterer, so that's not it. Maybe someone could verify that this does or doesn't happen for them? One quick way to test: start a new game, do one mission and manually save the game. Do a second mission and manually save the game. Don't delete any mission reports. Then load the first save and see if it shows 1 or 2 completed missions?

Edited by DarkGravity

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.