Mk3 Expansion - [KSP 1.12x] Version 1.6 [10/5/21]

Hi SI,

just wanted to know if you were aware that the Mk3 fuselage X-Junction and the Mk3 fuselage T-junction wont node to node snap on or connect at all in a certain orientation.. see pic.

ftNjOJf.png

M3X 1.11 update is now up, contains fixes for various issues; grab it from SpaceDock.

Changelog:

Spoiler

Version 1.1.02
=================================
-Fixed Turboramjet tech node placement
-Fixed Texture for cockpit windows
-Fixed T hub node alignment
-Fixed IFS mesh/fueltank setup not syncing for fuselage extensions
-Fixed Hades NTR NoAttach collider

I love all these parts!

SuicidalInsanity, your work always gets installed in my game alongside Nertea's and Necrobones'. Big mods, full of beautifully modeled parts, all carefully designed to work together and with stock. Love it.

M3X hotfix Update 1.1.03 is up, which fixes the various issues that have been brought up.
Changelog:

Spoiler

Version 1.1.03
-CLS MM patch tweaked: Crew Fuselage Extension now surface passable
-Fixes issue with Mk3 docking ports
-Fixes 'Elephant' Jet Engine
-fixes CLEAVER node size
-Fixes Elephant node size

iy7izFQ.pngfyi, there seems to be some problems with the MK2/3 expansion parts and the stock bug fixing module for lifting surfaces. if any of you are having lifting problems; that's why.

also, what im using your parts for :3

just thought i'd let you know.

hey, will there be interstellar extended support? for the nuclear parts, like the nuclear ram jet and nerva, and etc. so they use the KSP IE style of a fission reactor, and a thermal nozzle part module in 1 part. u can look at the KSP IE parts for a example, such as the module manager patches for the stock nerva, and how it modifes the stock nerva too have a fission reactor and thermal nozzle (i think) 

Hello.

Mk2 Aligned Docking Port can't dock with stock clamp-o-tron. There is collision with protruding piece (misalignment of collision model).

Collision moment:
2132d04.png

Forced with wheels retraction:
3e8513b.png

@123nick: Possibly? ABZB is the go-to person for KSP-I integration, though I'm not sure if M3X is on the agenda for the Mk2-KSPI mod. If it isn't, I can try taking a shot at an integration patch, but I'm totally unfamiliar with its system, so I'm not sure how well my attempts at balancing stuff to the rest of KSPI would go.

@W_Z: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Apparently the collision plate for the standard docking port is larger than the model; shouldn't be too difficult to fix the mk2 port to fit around it.

4 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@123nick: Possibly? ABZB is the go-to person for KSP-I integration, though I'm not sure if M3X is on the agenda for the Mk2-KSPI mod. If it isn't, I can try taking a shot at an integration patch, but I'm totally unfamiliar with its system, so I'm not sure how well my attempts at balancing stuff to the rest of KSPI would go.

Yeah, I've been really busy the last few months with work (busy season) & grad. school. I'll have the time to update everything to the latest versions of everything starting Thursday.

I hope.

22 hours ago, ABZB said:

Yeah, I've been really busy the last few months with work (busy season) & grad. school. I'll have the time to update everything to the latest versions of everything starting Thursday.

I hope.

on a similar note, i made a little tweakscale patch for most of your mk2 parts:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1rom8ghl3x1yshm/AAD-dssmYhyrlx2wLXCbPyKia?dl=0

use it if you want. i took me like, 3 minuets to type XD

tweakscale gives scalability to all stock parts: including mk2. i made this so i can rescale all my mk2 parts and make some nice custom hull shapes. i have yet to do the mk3 parts, OPT and quiztechs parts.

anyway, stick that cfg in the mk2 expansion/patches folder.

2 hours ago, Rushligh said:

on a similar note, i made a little tweakscale patch for most of your mk2 parts:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1rom8ghl3x1yshm/AAD-dssmYhyrlx2wLXCbPyKia?dl=0

use it if you want. i took me like, 3 minuets to type XD

tweakscale gives scalability to all stock parts: including mk2. i made this so i can rescale all my mk2 parts and make some nice custom hull shapes. i have yet to do the mk3 parts, OPT and quiztechs parts.

anyway, stick that cfg in the mk2 expansion/patches folder.

what mod did you use for writing on ship hulls ?

14 hours ago, Rushligh said:

it's listed here somewhere. i need to re-install it actually.
i hope that was the correct dropbox file XD

i checked your post and checked every mod you listed the writing mod wasnt there :(

Edited by ThePixeledFox

11 hours ago, ThePixeledFox said:

i checked your post and checked every mod you listed the writing mod wasnt there :(

second to last line of last post:

ASP paint. i don't think it works in 1.1.2. it barely worked in 1.0.5 (kinda buggy. no symmetry)

Edited by Rushligh

On 12.5.2016 at 10:01 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

M3X hotfix Update 1.1.03 is up, which fixes the various issues that have been brought up.
Changelog:

Hide contents

Version 1.1.03
-CLS MM patch tweaked: Crew Fuselage Extension now surface passable
-Fixes issue with Mk3 docking ports
-Fixes 'Elephant' Jet Engine
-fixes CLEAVER node size
-Fixes Elephant node size

Mk3 Clamp-O-Tron Docking Port (inline) Nodes are still buggy. I can only use a node on either side.

Edited by Kolago

On 5/30/2016 at 4:52 PM, THE HOLY BLUGER said:

I think you should make a VTOL part for the mark 3.

Are we talking rocket engine VTOL or jet engine VTOL?

If a VTOL rocket engine is what you want, I'd say it should have pretty high thrust at sea level (even if the ISP isn't great and doesn't improve much in vacuum).

Basically a M2X R-44 "Mongrel" Vertical Lift-off/Landing Engine with (much) higher thrust and less ISP, in the Mk3 fuselage form factor. Probably include some LFO storage as well because engines are relatively short compared to the height of the Mk3 fuselage cross-section (lots of extra room for fuel/ox tanks).

If a VTOL jet engine is what you want, I'd say it should have high thrust, not be terribly useful beyond 0.5 mach, low ISP (about the same as a RAPIER or Whiplash), and VERY FAST response time especially when throttling up. By fast response time I mean 0.5s to go from idle to full throttle, and 0.75s to go from full throttle to idle.

VTOL jet engines need to be able to respond very quickly to the throttle, or you end up either bouncing off the runway or slamming into it. This is why I've never been able to make a stock VTOL jet that I can pilot, the engines don't respond quickly enough. Rocket VTOL works much better for me because throttle response is instant.

While we're on the subject of requests, a Mk3 pre-cooler to go with the intakes would be much appreciated by those of us who use KSPI-E, and would probably look quite nice as well.

Edited by SciMan

Knowing the way M2X went, Mk3 will likely end up getting both a rocket and jet VTOL engine at some point. Mk3 precooler is also on the to-do list.

@OrbitalBuzzsaw: The Pluto/Hades use LF by default. They only use LH2 if you also have NFE/KA installed. If you need LF nukes and you do have them installed, delete the Mk2Expansion/Patches/M2X_KA.cfg and the Mk3Expansion/patches/M3X_NFE_Functionality.cfg