Mk3 Expansion - [KSP 1.12x] Version 1.6 [10/5/21]

29 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

@King Something: That could be an issue, thanks for the heads up

@Ivans: I'm going to need a mod list and your output_log; is this an issue that affects only M3X control surfaces, or other mod control surfaces as well?

As far as I can tell its just the MK3 Expansion control surfaces. were do I find the out put log?

If you're using a Windows system, its located in KSP_Data/Output_log, or KSP_x64_Data/Output_log if running the 64bit version of the game. I'm not sure where the log is located on Mac or Linux, but the modded how to get support thread should know where it can be found on those systems

Suggestion for Mk2 expansion:

I'm not sure if it's been said before but I couldn't find it anywhere. It would be great to have a mk2 Xenon tank for those long haul ssto's. Just thought that it would make sense seeing that there's a mk2 Xenon engine. Thanks,

Benji13.

Oh, so it looks like SXT won't be updating their parts anymore, which brings me here... Do you think you could make a varying "bent" adapter for mk2 and mk3?

like a piece of hull then bends x degrees one way or another? SXT had a 10 degree one way back when, but now that it's been discontinued....

I've used them before to make wheels with IR, and to make custom hull shapes for aerodynamics... and more importantly nice sight lines XD

qszmAdw.png

2 hours ago, Rushligh said:

Oh, so it looks like SXT won't be updating their parts anymore, which brings me here... Do you think you could make a varying "bent" adapter for mk2 and mk3?

like a piece of hull then bends x degrees one way or another? SXT had a 10 degree one way back when, but now that it's been discontinued....

I've used them before to make wheels with IR, and to make custom hull shapes for aerodynamics... and more importantly nice sight lines XD

SXT isn't discontinued. I think that @linuxgurugamer is updating it now.

@Benji13 Mk2 Service Tank variant #5 is what you're looking for::

O3iC3qS.png

Right click on the Service Tank in the SPH/VAB and cycle through part variants with the mesh selection slider at the top of the popup menu. And yes, I know it holds less Xenon than a 1.25m tank; the Service Tank will be getting increased Xe storage next update.

7 minutes ago, rocketbuilder said:

I just got 2 rescue a kerbal from X place contracts where the kerbal was in the mk 3 saddle crew compartment, which has no hatch, and you can see what went wrong with that... Is there a fast fix I can do?

Grab it with the asteroid grabbing part and transfer him into your craft. :) 

26 minutes ago, rocketbuilder said:

I just got 2 rescue a kerbal from X place contracts where the kerbal was in the mk 3 saddle crew compartment, which has no hatch, and you can see what went wrong with that... Is there a fast fix I can do?

@SuicidalInsanity Is there any chance we could get the Mk3 parts to have the same max temps? The Mk3-2 cockpit in particular has only a 2000K skin temperature, meaning on a lot of my re-entries, the cockpit is by far the weakest part. And usually the cockpit takes the most heat. This forces me to re-enter tail-first. Haven't done a thorough check of the other ones, but I like this cockpit a lot, and it's hard to use as is.

Thanks for all the work you put into these mods, by the way. Great parts!

May I suggest raising the prices of some parts/making some parts harder to get (through CTT)? For example the three man 'HS-X' cockpit only costs 2,200 funds, the same amount as the stock 2 man cockpit. Especially as it is the same size and only weighs an extra 100kg. Another example is are the two RCS blocks added by this mod. They both are/can be 5 way and both cost 620 funds. The stock 4 way block (which has less power than the configurable block) cost the same. The mk2 science lab (and the mk3) costs 2750 funds. It weighs less than the 2.5m one which costs 4000 funds. 

As always, balance is a personal thing and these are just my opinions on the pricing, you might see it differently. Either way, thanks for a great mod! 

On 27/10/2016 at 10:58 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

@Kerbrian: I'm going to need more information than that; without the name of mod you're using for info displays and/or an output_log, I can't help you.

@Ampcat: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Yes, that is certainly something that will need to be fixed.

Sorry, I'm using Kerbal Engineer Redux. I tried multiple configurations :

Stock engine on stockalike bicoupler = no infos

Stockalike engine on stock tank = no infos

stock engine on stock tank = infos

I love these mods dude. Made an SSTO delivering 120t to 80k orbit. Would like to ask about a couple things tho. That scramjet seems tto be out of balance on heat. By tthe time I am up to speed to start it and it starts, its almost completely overheated. Also, I would love a mk3 version I think. Plus maybe a bumped up nose. The mk3 shuttle look a like cockpit is close to good, but since it takes some peak re-entry heat and superr sonic heat, I think I need an upgrade. Maybe with a good nose point, as that flat spot I put a 1.25 basic cone on, and looks a little off. 

Also, I wouln't mind mk2/mk3 mono engines for final work/re-entry efficiency.

I am not expecting any of these, they would be just be nice. Like a couple cargo bays that instead of swing open doors have retracting/roll in doors. Also, on thing I liked from B9 was the cargo bay had radiator features. If not that, an inside solar panel would really rock,if it has to fold out.

I would also love for someone to make a ship coolant distributer system, for heat distrubtion.

On 03/11/2016 at 4:20 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

@Kerbrian: Is your copy of KER up to date? I just ran a test (KSP 1.2, KER 1.1.2.4p) and all M2X engines had KER dV and TWR readouts, both when mounted on stock parts and mod parts.

You were right, I updated my KER to 1.2.4p and it works just fine thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

It seems "Hades" attach node is made from bubblegum. I'm losing that engine far too often and too easily.

Didn't you, perchance, miss the breakingForce and breakinTorque entries on it, so it defaults to 50 where all other mk3 parts have it set to 200?

There is a problem with mk3 side tanks and fuselages. They are cause a very high drag that wont let craft accelerate past 330m/s, because after reaching it drag(red arrows) increases very fast and craft doesnt accelerates anymore. Without side parts its quickly reaches 800-900m/s even with a less engines. I can provide some screenshots of it. 

P.s sorry for bad english.

http://imgur.com/a/yUGQN screenshots

update 

Problem solved by connecting sidetrunks to one another, not fuselage.

But i have more serious problem now. joints between Big-S wings and fuselage are not strong enough, that makes heavy plane(70t) wobble while turning, loosing aerodynamic balance and crash. Cant find any solution, even struts doesnt work.

Edited by iZim