Mk3 Expansion - [KSP 1.12x] Version 1.6 [10/5/21]

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2018 at 4:20 PM, only drift said:

i found this [snip]

but is no longer avaible 

Well, it's is being developed as SXT Continued. Go there, download it and see if you find what you want.

Edited by Lisias
fixing URL

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ain't dead. I think some ramps were promised?
2Ac1C8E.png

The Mk3 Service bay has been in need of a rework for forever.  Togglable internals like the M2X one,  with added LF/O option.
0vDnr15.png

Sorry about the slow rate of progress - I've had less and less available time to work on stuff of late, but I think I should be able to get an update out soon-ish.

59 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

I think some ramps were promised?

Those ramps are smashing, I really like the one that combines a Mk2 adaptor! Is the other a nosecone, either manned or drone? Doesn't matter if it isn't, just curious.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:39 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

I ain't dead. I think some ramps were promised?
2Ac1C8E.png

The Mk3 Service bay has been in need of a rework for forever.  Togglable internals like the M2X one,  with added LF/O option.
0vDnr15.png

Sorry about the slow rate of progress - I've had less and less available time to work on stuff of late, but I think I should be able to get an update out soon-ish.

Oooo! You've saved me effort! How well do 2.5m rovers fit in the 3.25 to 2.5 hatch? Looks like a real tight fit.

Edited by SpaceMouse

On 8/28/2018 at 12:37 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

JH4C: It's a nose, yes, though no command capability. I suppose I could bolt a drone core module to it though.

SpaceMouse: Depends on the rover. Something like a Mk2 rover will fit, if you don't mind scratching the paintjob, but size 2 stuff probably not.

Any possibility of a stretched version? Mk3 bays fit 2.5 size just fine, kinda seems like a waste.

On 8/28/2018 at 5:37 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

JH4C: It's a nose, yes, though no command capability. I suppose I could bolt a drone core module to it though.

There's no shortage of command pods/blocks/panels, I'm sure they'd work just as well on this as they do on any other model. No need to put one on yourself.

One other thing does occur though: with the discussion recently in your Mk2 Expansion's thread, if you do end up changing that one over to use B9 instead of IFS it would be lovely if you did the same with this one.

This mod is great!  Long time user, first time poster.  Question, the CLEAVER engine is beyond cool, my only trouble is it feels like a cheat.  I slapped it onto a nearly stock space shuttle with a only about 1000 units of liquid fuel and made 90,000m before flameout!  I used hardly any fuel also.  

Question, I put the RAPIER and CLEAVER part files side by side, but I can't figure out what the discrepancy is.  Is the ATM curve off or perhaps fuel use?  I am thinking a small cheat will keep the CLEAVER effective but make it the same challenge to get to orbit as a RAPIER powered ship.

Again, love the mod and thank you to all of the modders out there.  As they say in Squad's home town, Saludos!

Kigrahm1013: It's a stock bug, none of the M3X ramps exhibit similar hatred for deployable panels.

Ace76inDC: The CLEAVER is basically 8 RAPIERs bolted together, the only difference between the two is the CLEAVER is a bit lighter than it should be, comparatively speaking, to the RAPIER; a quick test of a CLEAVER powered ship vs 8x RAPIER powered ship had both performing similarly and flaming out at ~29-30km.

captainb: Yes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 7:39 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Would it be possible to get a completely empty Mk3 Service Bay in the interim?  I don't need switchable anything, but I could really use an empty one for my shuttles.  Wouldn't even need nodes inside.

Thanks for all your work!

59 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

The new Service Bay is empty with internal nodes by default, just like stock Service Bays. Toggling the internals adds/removes the interior cradle and fuel tanks.

I'm not seeing that functionality.  I downloaded a fresh copy, and fired it up in an otherwise stock game.  No option.  Thinking maybe it was an IFS issue, I went to that thread and made sure I got the newest version just in case there was an issue with the bundled one.  Still not seeing it.

9d3screenshot22.png

Is there something I might be missing?

The Hades engine causes a game freeze when it flames out.

The message i get is that the core temperature is exceeded, engine is shutting down then all the stars dissapear, al teh shps dissapear, the ui is present but nothing is there. If i try to reload, the game crashes.

• 4 weeks later...

Mk3 Expansion 1.4.7. GitHub SpaceDock
Changelog:

Spoiler

-KSP 1.5 update
-New Part: Cargo Bay Nose
-New Part: Mk2 Adapter Cargo Ramp
-New Part: Mk3 Cargo Hatch
-New Part: Radial Mount
-New part: Mk3 Endplate
-New Part: Short Size2 Adapter
-Model Rework: Mk3 Service Bay
-CLEAVER mass and price increased
-Fixed Service Tank surface attach offset.
-New Example Craft; Transport VTOL
Adds USI LS compatibility patch
-Conversion from from Interstellar FuelSwitch to B9 Part Switch

9 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Conversion from from Interstellar FuelSwitch to B9 Part Switch

I love you. Installing! :D 

ETA: Quick note, I noticed the readme file still contains a link to the IFS licence, but not the B9 one. No biggie.

Edited by JH4C