Mk3 Expansion - [KSP 1.12x] Version 1.6 [10/5/21]

M3X update  v1.5 for KSP 1.9.1 1.10 is now up. I apologize for the wait.
Grab it from SpaceDock | GitHub
Changelog:

Spoiler

-New Part: Mk3 Heavy VTOL engine
-New Part: Mk3 Ram Intake
-Model Rework: Mk3 cockpit
-Model Rework: Mk3 Turbofan
-Fixes Hurricane prop attach node size
-Fixes Taurus/Minotaur/Atlas texture
-Fixes short Mk3-S2 adapter fuel qty.
-Fixes decoupler crossfeed issue
-Kerbals no longer hidden behind consoles in Mk3 Inline Cockpit IVA portrait cams
-Fixes Firestorm drag cube
-Mk3 Intake prices/masses/intake volumes brought inline with stock
-All Mk3 parts now have correct breakingForce & breakingTorque values
-Rework of variant part names and descriptions.
-Fixes ShovelCockpit naming

• 2 weeks later...

Rather unfortunately it seems that I cannot get the lovely new Elephant vtol engines enough intake air no matter how hard I try given they want 255/s. Also worth noting is that in stack mount configuration their own intakes are counted as occluded and cannot contribute to the massive demand these engines have for air.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, @SuicidalInsanity!

I found something odd. I just installed Mk3 Expansion via CKAN to diagnose something completely unrelated (but since the user had this installed, so I had to have too), and found this problem on the localization file:

#LOC_M3X_CSaddleTank_Name = Mk3 Short Trucated Saddletank   #LOC_M3X_CSaddleTank_desc = A short fuselage extension saddletank designed to fit on the side of a Mk3 fuselage. This one is truncated to fit around an open mk3 cargo bay. <color="green">Has three variants.</color>
    #LOC_M3X_CSaddleTank_tags = mk3 m3x aircraft airplane fueltank jet ?lf only plane propellant tank extension

There's a missing EoL between _Name and _desc .

However, I just checked on GitHub and everything is perfectly fine there.

Some distribution file is messed up somehow!

Cheers!

Apologies for the wait, M3X 1.6 is now up and available from the usual  locations: SpaceDock | GitHub
Changelog:
- KSP 1.11.x update
- New Part: Mk3 Cargo Container
- Adds Cargo/Inventory part functionality
- Fixes Mk3 Inline Docking Port dragcube
- Adds optional MM patch to add stock heat/reactor decay mechanics to Sievert NTJ
- Adds optional MM patch to add dual-cycle capability to Sievert NTJ
- Adds System Heat compatibility MM patch
- Localization fix for Short Truncated Saddletank

The new optional patches can be found in M3X-1.6/Extras/Mk3Expansion/patches

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am vaguely under the impression that some of the shoulder/chine segments are slightly model and/or texture mismatched. 2 long Mk3 chine segments, placed end to end will not align, but if one of them is flipped, it will match up. Likewise, the long chine segments will rare line up properly with chine caps or chine RCS blocks.

I don't know enough about 3D modeling to troubleshoot this issue. What can I do to help?

• 1 month later...

Some textures are missing after some model swapt by Squad (namely: new docking ports from 1.12.2, but also a lack of update to past engine rework, as Mk3Expansion still uses the old deprecated textures)...

For the part "M3X_size1adapter" (folder: "GameData/Mk3Expansion/Parts/FuelTank/mk3size1adapter") it lacks the placeholder "Mk3Adapters.dds" file: copy/paste it from any other Mk3Expansion tank nearby... it's just a placeolder texture needed then to kick the swap to the Squad texture itself by the part cfg file...

All the other issues (waiting an update) are resolved by a nameless volunteer (a.k.a. "me") that has prepared some fast MM patches for 1.12.2

A "basic" ModuleManager patch file is needed to be created, plus a second whitelist file in case of ReStock users, complementary to the one already in the mod, to avoid eventually Restock itself will mess with texture loading (my list are ADDING the missing texture in a new whitelist: the old one is still needed!!!). Place them anywhere inside "GameData" folder (I made a "Mk3Expansion_MM" folder, to have them separated by the mod itself, but easy to find and be erased when it will be updated):

Create a M3X_texture_fix.cfg file (mandatory for everyone) and copy/paste this code, to have the updated texture folder paths:

@PART[M3X_Heavyprop]
{
	!MODEL{}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Mk3Expansion/Parts/Engines/HeavyProp/Model
		texture = model002, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v1/model002
		texture = Jet Engines, Squad/Parts/Engine/jetEngines/Jet Engines
		texture = model000, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/solidBoosterRT-10_v1/model000
		texture = rotordisc, Mk3Expansion/Parts/Engines/HeavyProp/rotordisc
	}

}

@PART[M3X_Linearaerospike]
{
	!MODEL{}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Mk3Expansion/Parts/Engines/LinearAerospike/Model
		texture = Mk3Adapters, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/adapterTanks/Mk3Adapters
		texture = Mk3CargoBay, Squad/Parts/Utility/mk3CargoBay/Mk3CargoBay
		texture = model002, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v1/model002
		texture = model004, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v1/model004
	}	
}

@PART[M3X_ConcentricAerospike]
{
	!MODEL{}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Mk3Expansion/Parts/Engines/ConcentricAerospike/Model
		texture = Mk3Fuselage, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage
		texture = Mainsail2, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v1/model002
		texture = Mailsail_E, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v1/model004
	}	
}

@PART[M3X_CLEAVER]
{
	!MODEL{}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Mk3Expansion/Parts/Engines/CLEAVER/Model
		texture = Mk1Structural, Squad/Parts/Structural/mk1Parts/Mk1Structural
		texture = Turbojet_Emissive, Mk3Expansion/Parts/Engines/CLEAVER/Turbojet_Emissive
		texture = model004, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v1/model004
	}
}

@PART[M3X_serviceBay]
{
	!MODEL{}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Mk3Expansion/Parts/FuelTank/ServiceBay/ServiceBay
		texture = Mk3Fuselage, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/mk3Fuselage/Mk3Fuselage
		texture = ServiceBay, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay_v1/ServiceBay
		texture = z-400BAttery000, Squad/Parts/Electrical/z-400Battery/model000
		texture = model001, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSTankRadial/model000
		texture = RadialTanks, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/FoilTanks_v1/RadialTanks
		texture = RadialTanks_N_NRM, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/FoilTanks_v1/RadialTanks_N
		texture = ksp_r_xenonTank_diff, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankRadial/ksp_r_xenonTank_diff
	}
}

@PART[M3X_StackDockingPort]
{
	!MODEL{}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Mk3Expansion/Parts/Utility/DockingPorts/Stack
		texture = Mk3CargoBay, Squad/Parts/utility/mk3CargoBay/Mk3CargoBay
		texture = model000, Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr_v1/model000
	}	
}

@PART[M3X_InlineDockingPort]
{
	!MODEL{}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Mk3Expansion/Parts/Utility/DockingPorts/Inline
		texture = Mk3CargoBay, Squad/Parts/utility/mk3CargoBay/Mk3CargoBay
		texture = model001, Squad/Parts/FuelTank/RCSTankRadial/model000
	}	
}

@PART[M3X_AligningDockingPort]
{
	!MODEL{}
	MODEL
	{
		model = Mk3Expansion/Parts/Utility/AlignedDockingPort/Model
	}
}

... then, create also a new M3X_revised.restockwhitelist (safe net for ReStock users... not needed for anyone not using it) to have added the missing texture in a new whitelist (I prefer to have it in a separate file/folder, to find/remove it easily when the mod will be updated: DO NOT ERASE the one provided by the mod!!! This is a complementary file to it)

Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v1/model002.dds
Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/liquidEngineMainsail_v1/model004.dds
Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Engine/solidBoosterRT-10_v1/model000.dds
Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr_v1/model000.dds
Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/FoilTanks_v1/RadialTanks.dds
Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/FuelTank/FoilTanks_v1/RadialTanks_N.dds
Squad/zDeprecated/Parts/Utility/ServiceBay_v1/ServiceBay.dds

Let me know if anything else is missing (I could have, eventually, overlooked something).
Enjoy and Space Safely!

EDIT:

At least for me, those patch are not totally working: the textures in the various parts present in "Squad/zDeprecated" folder are the needed one for make the patch work, but (at least for me) probably a combination of ReStock and some  basegame rules, does not allow them to be loaded: I moved them out in a folder of my creation, adjusted the above patches accordingly, and the problem seem resolved, but, obviously, it's a workaround that has to be done on per player basis,, each instalment of the game, manually. Sorry if you are in the same situation, with missing textures, even after my advised patches...

Edited by Araym

BAD NEWS!

Even if my MM patch, to change the model textures, are pointing to the right ones, somehow KSP is not really react to the part in "zDeprecated" folder. Dunno if its ReStock acting weird on my install, some typos made by me or the base game behaviour that avoid to load textures in those folder.

As VERY ROUGH workaround, for myself, I simply took the needed textures, copied out of Squad folder in one of my own creation, and adjusted my above patches accordingly (with the new custom folder address, rather than the "Squad/zDeprecated/..." one). Obviously, that way, no need for any restockwhitelist.

2 hours ago, Araym said:

BAD NEWS!

Even if my MM patch, to change the model textures, are pointing to the right ones, somehow KSP is not really react to the part in "zDeprecated" folder. Dunno if its ReStock acting weird on my install, some typos made by me or the base game behaviour that avoid to load textures in those folder.

As VERY ROUGH workaround, for myself, I simply took the needed textures, copied out of Squad folder in one of my own creation, and adjusted my above patches accordingly (with the new custom folder address, rather than the "Squad/zDeprecated/..." one). Obviously, that way, no need for any restockwhitelist.

The game doesn't load folders called 'zDeprecated'

1 hour ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

The game doesn't load folders called 'zDeprecated'

I guessed it...

... the only alternative is manual move the needed files outside (I did it) or make a little script that, automatically, move the needed files (something alike was done for STX, that has a small bak file that fishes for the zDeprecated textures).

• 3 weeks later...

Still alive here. Sorry about the delay, and many thanks to Araym for providing support while I was absent. Update 1.6.1 is now up at SpaceDock and GitHub, which fixes/reworks parts with missing textures, as well as some new stuff.
Changelog:
-KSP 1.12.x update
-Part Rework: CLEAVER
-New Part: Structural X fuselage
-New Part: Structural T Fuselage
-New part: Structural L Fuselage
-Fixes missing texture on Cyclone Engine
-Fixes missing texture on Hurricane Engine
-Fixes missing texture on Service Bay
-Fixes missing texture on Minotaur SRBs
-Fixes missing Testure on Atlas SRB
-Fixes missing texture on Linear Aerospike