Mk3 Expansion - [KSP 1.12x] Version 1.6 [10/5/21]

I am having a trouble with chimes, when I set them up in SPH on my plane one side is correctly displayed and other one has the rotation reversed.

Screen added because I think I messed up with description.

AVq5xm4.jpg

5 hours ago, Ja222 said:
5 hours ago, Ja222 said:

I am having a trouble with chimes, when I set them up in SPH on my plane one side is correctly displayed and other one has the rotation reversed.

Screen added because I think I messed up with description.

Reveal hidden contents

AVq5xm4.jpg

I had this same problem. As the part description notes, you have to switch to Radial symmetry to get them to work correctly. Hit R on your keyboard to put a part into radial symmetry.

@magnavox: I really should remodel those someday to better indicate which side is up. For gimbals, you want the Mk2X_VTOLGimbals.cfg MM patch included in the Extras folder bundled with M2X, which gives all the vtol engines/ lift fans gimballing.

@ja222: Chines are sort of finicky. If you're stacking chines using their attach nodes, the initial part will can either be placed with radial or mirror symmetry, but the subsequent chine parts will need to be attached with radial symmetry. Using mirror symmetry when stacking chines will result in improper mirroring like in your picture. If you're attaching other things radially to the chines and you want mirror symmetry for them, the chine part they're attached to will need to be placed radially, so either have those parts be the root of the chine stack, or placed next to, but not attached to, an existing chine stack.

I'm having an issue with the Sievert Atomic Thermal Jet.  I'm not sure if it's a bug in the mod, or if it's simple user error.  I'm trying to use it to power a passenger jet/heavy bomber, but I can't get the engine to produce any thrust at all.  It's provided with enough IntakeAtm, and I did remember to turn the reactor on.  Engineer says I should be getting more than enough thrust to fly this thing, but it just sits there on the runway making me look stupid.  All the information about the reactor itself is coming up blank when I right-click on it.  Is it me, or is it the engine?

WHSI1zp.png

uIuqYyd.png

34 minutes ago, Capt. Henry Morgan said:

I'm having an issue with the Sievert Atomic Thermal Jet.  I'm not sure if it's a bug in the mod, or if it's simple user error.  I'm trying to use it to power a passenger jet/heavy bomber, but I can't get the engine to produce any thrust at all.  It's provided with enough IntakeAtm, and I did remember to turn the reactor on.  Engineer says I should be getting more than enough thrust to fly this thing, but it just sits there on the runway making me look stupid.  All the information about the reactor itself is coming up blank when I right-click on it.  Is it me, or is it the engine?

It's an interaction with Near Future Electrical the M3X patch is out of date with recent changes to that mod. See:

If you use M2X there's also a fix for that:

• 2 weeks later...

@SuicidalInsanity I've been using the Mk 3 Hypersonic cockpit for a while now and have noticed that it has a distressing tendency to overheat and explode even on fairly gentle reentries. Even adding radiators to the cockpit doesn't seem to help, in fact it seems to hurt. 

I'll do some more experimentation to see if I can replicate the exact problem. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been having this problem. In 6 reentries of my new Super Mullet, the cockpit has exploded 5 times. I've made the craft file available as it stands now if anyone wants to give it a try.

craft file here

@bjornadri: Yeah, M3X example craft are planned.

@Magnavox: First I've heard of radiators making something overheat faster. The cockpit is currently still using the stock shuttle heat values, so i can try buffing the cockpit to have the heat stats of the M2X hypersonic stuff. I'm not entirely sure how re-entry heating is calculated, so there might be some DragCube weirdness going on there as well; fairly easy to investigate/correct, which might also fix the overheat issue.

Yeah, I see the problem, it's an IVA OverlayMesh issue, it'll be fixed next update. An interim fix would be removing the Mk2Expansion/Spaces/OverlayMasks/Blademask.mu file, though removing it means that the HS-X IVA won't be properly occluded if the external camera view IVA feature is used.

I personally like the missing face in thr MK2 hypersonic cockpit,  maybe make it a window too. It makes great views, especially for tourism. You know what they say. "It's a feature not a bug." 

What I don't like, however, is the deletion of the screen in the cockpit. You know, the one that deploys, with filters and stuff, that can be activated to be a virtual screen. The reason I say deletion instead of removal (I know they pretty much means the same thing, but it just sounds better) is because I suppose it's probably part of the messed up IVA.

That's my 0.02 funds on this one.

I'm guessing you mean a RPM HUD? The ASET IVA had, and still has one, but to the best I can recall, the HS-X RPM IVA has never had a RPM HUD.

You can add one in by going to Mk2Expansion/Spaces/BladePit/Internal_RPM.cfg and inserting the below into the .cfg

PROP
	{
		name = RasterPropMonitorBasicHUD
		position = -7.450581E-09,0.3988,-1.2261
		rotation = 0,0,0,1
		scale = 1,1,1
	}

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:03 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

I'm guessing you mean a RPM HUD? The ASET IVA had, and still has one, but to the best I can recall, the HS-X RPM IVA has never had a RPM HUD.

You can add one in by going to Mk2Expansion/Spaces/BladePit/Internal_RPM.cfg and inserting the below into the .cfg

PROP
	{
		name = RasterPropMonitorBasicHUD
		position = -7.450581E-09,0.3988,-1.2261
		rotation = 0,0,0,1
		scale = 1,1,1
	}

Yes, but I do remember the HS-X having one. Do you still share older versions?

I have archived versions of M2X on GitHub going back as far as v1.5.1, which was for... KSP 1.03, I think? It's possible it had a RPM HUD back in pre 1.03 days, but that would have been 2+ years ago. You could be remembering using the ASET version of the IVA at some point, you mentioned the HUD deploying and having filters - that sounds like the ASET HUD; the standard RPM one doesn't have those features.

On 02/07/2017 at 2:35 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

It has come to my attention that the recent Near Future Electrical update has broken M3X's NFE compatibility patch, this should restore functionality to the M3X nuclear engines for people running M3X + NFE:

Hide contents

@PART[M3X_Hades]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[!KSPIntegration]:FOR[Mk3Expansion]
{
@mass = 12.8
MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleUpdateOverride
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = FissionReactor
		StartActionName = #LOC_NFElectrical_ModuleFissionReactor_Action_StartActionName
		StopActionName = #LOC_NFElectrical_ModuleFissionReactor_Action_StopActionName
		ToggleActionName = #LOC_NFElectrical_ModuleFissionReactor_Action_ToggleActionName
		FollowThrottle = true
		OverheatAnimation = ThermalAnim
		HeatGeneration = 130000	
		NominalTemperature = 3200
		CriticalTemperature = 3600
		MaximumTemperature = 3800
		CoreDamageRate = 0.01
		FuelName = EnrichedUranium
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = EnrichedUranium
			Ratio = 0.00027
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			ResourceName = DepletedFuel
			Ratio = 0.00027
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}

GeneratesHeat = false
		UseSpecializationBonus = false
		AutoShutdown = false
		DefaultShutoffTemp = 0.90
		GeneratesHeat = false
		TemperatureModifier
		{
			key = 0 0
		}

}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCoreHeat
		CoreTempGoal = 3200					//Internal temp goal - we don't transfer till we hit this point
		CoreToPartRatio = 0.1				//Scale back cooling if the part is this % of core temp
		CoreTempGoalAdjustment = 0			//Dynamic goal adjustment
		CoreEnergyMultiplier = 0.1			//What percentage of our core energy do we transfer to the part
		HeatRadiantMultiplier = 0.05		//If the core is hotter, how much heat radiates?
		CoolingRadiantMultiplier = 0		//If the core is colder, how much radiates?
		HeatTransferMultiplier = 0			//If the part is hotter, how much heat transfers in?
		CoolantTransferMultiplier = 0.01	//If the part is colder, how much of our energy can we transfer?
		radiatorCoolingFactor = 1			//How much energy we pull from core with an active radiator?  >= 1
		radiatorHeatingFactor = 0.01		//How much energy we push to the active radiator
		MaxCalculationWarp = 1000			//Based on how dramatic the changes are, this is the max rate of change
		CoreShutdownTemp = 3800				//At what core temperature do we shut down all generators on this part?
		MaxCoolant = 2600					//Maximum amount of radiator capacity we can consume - 50 = 1 small
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionFlowRadiator
		passiveCooling = 65
		maxEnergyTransfer = 130000
		overcoolFactor = 0.20
		maxLinksAway = 1
		isCoreRadiator = true	
		exhaustCooling = 2600	
	}
	!MODULE[ModuleAlternator] {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionEngine
		Priority = 2
		HeatUsed = 2600
		TempIspScale
		{
			key = 300 0
			key = 1000 0.2
			key = 3200 1.0
			key = 7000 1.3
		}	
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionGenerator
		Priority = 1
		PowerGeneration = 20
		HeatUsed = 65
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = EnrichedUranium
		amount = 200
		maxAmount = 200
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedFuel
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 200
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = RadioactiveStorageContainer
		DangerousFuel = DepletedFuel
		SafeFuel = EnrichedUranium
		// What enginer level is needed to transfer the safe fuel
		EngineerLevelForSafe = 1
		// What enginer level is needed to transfer the dangerous fuel
		EngineerLevelForDangerous = 3
		// Max temp for transferring fuel into or out of the part
		MaxTempForTransfer = 400
		// kW of heat per unit of waste
		HeatFluxPerWasteUnit = 5
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@heatProduction *= 0.1
	}

}
@PART[M3X_NuclearJet]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[!KSPIntegration]:FOR[Mk3Expansion]
{
@mass = 12.8
MODULE
	{
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = FissionReactor
		ToggleActionName = #LOC_NFElectrical_ModuleFissionReactor_Action_ToggleActionName
		FollowThrottle = true

HeatGeneration = 80000	
		NominalTemperature = 3000
		CriticalTemperature = 3400
		CoreDamageRate = 0.01

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 0.00027
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 0.00027
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}
		// Disables stock converter functions DO NOT CHANGE
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		TemperatureModifier
		{
			key = 0 0
		}
	}	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCoreHeat
		CoreTempGoal = 3200					//Internal temp goal - we don't transfer till we hit this point
		CoreToPartRatio = 0.1				//Scale back cooling if the part is this % of core temp
		CoreEnergyMultiplier = 0.1			//What percentage of our core energy do we transfer to the part
		HeatTransferMultiplier = 0			//If the part is hotter, how much heat transfers in?
		CoolantTransferMultiplier = 0.01	//If the part is colder, how much of our energy can we transfer?
		radiatorCoolingFactor = 1			//How much energy we pull from core with an active radiator?  >= 1
		MaxCalculationWarp = 1000			//Based on how dramatic the changes are, this is the max rate of change
		CoreShutdownTemp = 3800				//At what core temperature do we shut down all generators on this part?
		MaxCoolant = 2600					//Maximum amount of radiator capacity we can consume - 50 = 1 small
	}
	MODULE
	{
		passiveCooling = 65
		maxEnergyTransfer = 80000
		overcoolFactor = 0.20
		maxLinksAway = 1
		isCoreRadiator = true
		exhaustCooling = 2600	
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionEngine
		Priority = 2
		HeatUsed = 2600
		TempIspScale
		{
			key = 300 0
			key = 1000 0.2
			key = 3200 1.0
			key = 7000 1.3
		}	
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionGenerator
		Priority = 1
		PowerGeneration = 40
		HeatUsed = 65
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = EnrichedUranium
		amount = 100
		maxAmount = 100
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedFuel
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 100
	}
	MODULE
	{
		EngineerLevelForSafe = 1
		MaxTempForTransfer = 400
		HeatFluxPerWasteUnit = 5
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@heatProduction *= 0.1		
	}
}

@SuicidalInsanity This patch for the NFE reactor panel change is no longer valid. I appled your change for the M2X addon and everything is working well, but the M3x parts still are not functioning correctly.

Yes, I know.
M3X-NFE compatibility patch for latest version of NFE

Spoiler

@PART[M3X_Hades]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[!KSPIntegration]:FOR[Mk3Expansion]
{
@mass = 12.8
MODULE
	{
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = FissionReactor

// Ramp up power based on throttle
    		FollowThrottle = true
		OverheatAnimation = ThermalAnim
		HeatGeneration = 130000	
		NominalTemperature = 3200
		CriticalTemperature = 3600
		CoreDamageRate = 0.01
		INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 0.00027
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 0.00027
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}

AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		TemperatureModifier
		{
			key = 0 0
		}

}
	!MODULE[ModuleCoreHeat] {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCoreHeatNoCatchup
		CoreShutdownTemp = 4500				//At what core temperature do we shut down all generators on this part?
	}
	MODULE
	{
		passiveCooling = 65
		exhaustCooling = 2600
		CoolingDecayRate = 100	
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionEngine
		Priority = 2
		HeatUsed = 2600
		TempIspScale
		{
			key = 300 0
			key = 1000 0.2
			key = 3200 1.0
			key = 7000 1.3
		}	
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionGenerator
		Priority = 1
		PowerGeneration = 40
		HeatUsed = 65
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = EnrichedUranium
		amount = 200
		maxAmount = 200
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedFuel
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 200
	}
	MODULE
	{
		EngineerLevelForSafe = 1
		MaxTempForTransfer = 400
		HeatFluxPerWasteUnit = 5
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@heatProduction *= 0.01
	}

}
@PART[M3X_NuclearJet]:NEEDS[NearFutureElectrical]:NEEDS[!KSPIntegration]:FOR[Mk3Expansion]
{
@mass = 12.8
MODULE
	{
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = FissionReactor
		FollowThrottle = true

HeatGeneration = 80000	
		NominalTemperature = 3000
		CriticalTemperature = 3400
		CoreDamageRate = 0.01

INPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 0.00027
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}
		OUTPUT_RESOURCE
		{
			Ratio = 0.00027
			DumpExcess = false
			FlowMode = NO_FLOW
		}
		// Disables stock converter functions DO NOT CHANGE
		AutoShutdown = false
		GeneratesHeat = false
		TemperatureModifier
		{
			key = 0 0
		}
	}	
	!MODULE[ModuleCoreHeat] {}
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleCoreHeatNoCatchup
	}
	MODULE
	{
		passiveCooling = 65
		exhaustCooling = 2600	
		CoolingDecayRate = 100
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionEngine
		Priority = 2
		HeatUsed = 2600
		TempIspScale
		{
			key = 300 0
			key = 1000 0.2
			key = 3200 1.0
			key = 7000 1.3
		}	
	}
	MODULE
	{
		name = FissionGenerator
		Priority = 1
		PowerGeneration = 40
		HeatUsed = 65
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = EnrichedUranium
		amount = 100
		maxAmount = 100
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = DepletedFuel
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 100
	}
	MODULE
	{
		EngineerLevelForSafe = 1
		MaxTempForTransfer = 400
		HeatFluxPerWasteUnit = 5
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]
	{
		@heatProduction *= 0.01		
	}
}

1 hour ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Mk3 reactor WiP:
uhTBot4.png
...I may have gone overboard on the internal detailing.

Nice.

Detail is not a bad thing, as long as it isn't so detail it destroys the game, which is super rare if it ever happened at all.

May I suggest some pod bay doors to be opened today?

• 2 weeks later...

M3X engines are in need of tweaking to bring them more inline with stock engine values, but at present they shouldn't be too OP (with the exception of the Sievert, since that's a Nuclear Thermal jet that doesn't need fuel), though some of the rocket engines are a bit light for their thrust. The Cleaver is slightly more powerful in terms of thrust/weight than the stock Rapier, though not by much.

• 2 weeks later...