Mk3 Expansion - [KSP 1.12x] Version 1.6 [10/5/21]

Really nice pack(s).

For some reason, when I use the  Coxswain engine, I can not make it 'mirror' when trying to place it on open spaces.

it places both items exactly the same, rather than rotating / mirroring one of them.

and yes, I am telling the vab / sph editor to mirror the parts...  I double checked ...

many thanks for any help / info on what i need to modify in cfg.

and thanks again for these mods.

Cheers.

Alternative idea for cupola, or idea for new cupola: mk3 tapering down to 2.5m, like the stock part, but 2.5m end is a hemisherical glass dome cupola with very little obstruction to view. Uses could include bridge for giant sci fi exploration ship, submarine  (my personal choice) or cabin for massive land crawler.

Having trouble getting the parts to apear in the editor in 1.1

Got the mk2 expansion parts no problem, just these ones don't show up.

EDIT: I have the fulcrum engine.....but none of the structural parts (the ones I wanted)

Found them under fuel tanks! (..derp)

Edited by Errol

@aniron: yeah, I'll be throwing upcoming M3x update up on SpaceDock, so CKAN indexing will happen.

@Gryphorim: I do have some ideas for  high visibility cockpit, but it won't be a cupola. The mk3 cupola as is does offer a surprising field of view from the IVA, so it should be able to fulfill the roles you envision.

@Errol: Keep in mind that M3X hasn't been updated to 1.1 yet, so some things may not work correctly. Current plan is to have the M3X update for 1.1 up within a week

On 4/20/2016 at 2:23 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

@aniron: yeah, I'll be throwing upcoming M3x update up on SpaceDock, so CKAN indexing will happen.

@Gryphorim: I do have some ideas for  high visibility cockpit, but it won't be a cupola. The mk3 cupola as is does offer a surprising field of view from the IVA, so it should be able to fulfill the roles you envision.

@Errol: Keep in mind that M3X hasn't been updated to 1.1 yet, so some things may not work correctly. Current plan is to have the M3X update for 1.1 up within a week

yay, i was looking for more mk3 stuff. I'm not there in my game yet so I'll be looking forward to this, but apparently I'm trying to see if I can find a mod limit on 64 bit 1.1 lol

• 2 weeks later...

HELP! Not working! At all! Mac, installed right, MODS : SXT, KER, MechJeb, SpaceY, and Spacey Expanded, KW Rocketry Redux, MRS, NF Solar, Electric, and Construction, RLA Stock Alike, Tweakscale, BDA, Kerbinside, Kerbinside Top Secret

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

That doesn't tell me anything; output_log gives a better indication of what isn't working. Best guess is one or more of the dependencies bundled with M3X is not compatible with KSP 1.1. I'm working on getting M3X updated and should be done in the next couple of days, but at the moment M3X is still a 1.05 mod and as such I can't offer support for M3X in KSP 1.1.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

6 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

That doesn't tell me anything; output_log gives a better indication of what isn't working. Best guess is one or more of the dependencies bundled with M3X is not compatible with KSP 1.1. I'm working on getting M3X updated and should be done in the next couple of days, but at the moment M3X is still a 1.05 mod and as such I can't offer support for M3X in KSP 1.1.

how is the M3X update going, did you run into any speed bumps lol (not asking for a eta btw i am just wanting to know if it was easy or hard lol). cant wait for the full release good luck with the update and keep up the good work

It's almost done. Since the arrival if the 1.1 pre-release I've been juggling work on getting M2X, M3X, SME and KBPP updated to 1.1 while simultaneously trying to fulfill a commission for some custom KerbalKonstructs statics, so the delay is mainly having too much to do and not enough time to it in.

@OrbitalBuzzsaw: Oh, so it was a Mk2 expansion rather than a Mk3 expansion problem; those I can offer help for. If the tail is showing both variants, it likely means there's something going on with Interstellar Fuel Switch. Do you have the latest version of IFS installed?

The wait is over, and M3X 1.1 is now airborne

YBILjg1.png

Grab it from SpaceDock or Github.

Changelog:

Spoiler

Version 1.1
========================================
-Update for KSP 1.1
-New Part: mk3 shock cone
-New Part: 'Sievert' Nuclear Thermal Jet
-New Part: 'Hades' Nuclear Rocket
-New Part: 'Wipeout' TurboRamJet
-New Part: Mk3 docking port
-New Part: Shielded Mk3 docking port
-Model rework: 'Wellington' reworked, now has thrust reverser
-Model rework; Coxswain OMs symmetry fixed, now has 0.625m  Buran style variant
-Model Rework: crew fuselage extension
-Mk3-2 Cockpit now has IVA
-Fixed symmetry issues with chines
-Fixed Symmetry issues with Fuselage extensions
-Added search tags
-Fixed Mk3 T Hub
-Fixed node alignment on Mk3 X Hub
-Model Tweak; Service Bay: fixed bad UV map issue
-Fixed concentric Aerospike node size
-Fixed Linear Aerospike node size
-Depreciated KM_Gimbal Plugin
-fixed some texture refeence URLS, depreciated depreciated stock textures
-Added FAR MM compatibility patch
-Added NFE MM compatibility patch

In the course of indexing this to CKAN I ran into a few question marks:

The readme indicates that this mod redistributes Klockheed_Martian_Gimbal but I didn't notice it in the .zip.

The spacedock page indicates the license for this mod is GPL-3 but the OP in this thread and the readme indicate that it's CC-BY-NC-SA-4.0.

We currently index Mk2Expansion and it suggests users install FAR alongside it. Should we do the same for Mk3?

@plague006: KM_Gimbal is depreciated, Looks like I forgot to remove that from the readme.
License is BY-NC-SA-4, the GPL-3 on Spacedock is because Spacedock threw a fit when I tried to use the 'Other' license option from the drop down list when uploading the mod; Went in and it looks like licenses can be edited; Spacedock page has been corrected to BY-NC-SA 4
This update did add FAR configs for the wings, so sure; FAR can be added as a suggested mod.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

So with both sets installed, only both sets, i get fast VA crashes, i'm not too sure why this is happening, i still have memory space available on 64 bits... 

The logs show no error, just the loading and the "crash!" dump... A new Interstellar Fuel Switch just went live, tried it on with only mk3, then with mk2 and it works flawlessly. 

I'm not too sure what the cause was, but updating Interstellar Fuel Switch did the trick.

4 hours ago, Mokmo said:

So with both sets installed, only both sets, i get fast VA crashes, i'm not too sure why this is happening, i still have memory space available on 64 bits... 

If by "VA" you mean "VAB," and you are using KSP 1.1.2, then your problem is not this mod, but KSP itself. VAB/SPH crashes are a known bug, and hopefully it'll be rectified in 1.1.3.

1 hour ago, King Something said:

If by "VA" you mean "VAB," and you are using KSP 1.1.2, then your problem is not this mod, but KSP itself. VAB/SPH crashes are a known bug, and hopefully it'll be rectified in 1.1.3.

Updating Interstellar Fuel Switch fixed the issues i had actually. 

Gah. Curse you Insanity! Your Mk3 Saddle tanks are like the mk3 crescent tanks i've been working on except.... better.

I Aproove of this mod.

Also, your mk2 solar panel appears to be lacking a texture.

Edited by SpaceMouse